Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't have the GHB under the eyes right now but i have a question. From what i remember, the GHB only allows you to create a minimum size unit. What happen when you want to add blue horrors because of pink beeing killed, but there is already a complete 10 blue at 6"?  Common sense tells me that i can create a new unit but i am not sure the rules allows that.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

If you lost 15 Pinks in one turn, then you could create a massive regiment of Blues with the discount - not easily done.

Technically losing 11 would be enough to force you to pay for the full 30. I wonder though, can you pay the points for 30 right off the bat and then gradually fill the unit up? For example, say you lose 5 Pinks. Can you then pay 120 points for a Blue unit with 10 models and reinforce it up to the cap of 30 whenever you lose more Pinks?

Will be attending one of the largest tournaments in Sweden shortly, and am putting the finishing touches on my army. This is the list I'm looking at:

Lord of Change, Wellspring of Arcane Might, Bolt of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner, Treacherous Bond
Tzaangor Shaman, Glimpse the Future

10 Pink Horrors, Fold Reality
10 Pink Horrors, Unchecked Mutation
30 Tzaangors

6 Enlightened
3 Skyfires
30 Blue Horrors
10 Brimstone Horrors
10 Brimstone Horrors

1990 points, 191 wounds, 11 drops. I have two massive meatgrinder units in the Tzaangors and Enlightened, I have large amounts of ranged mortal wounds from spells and Skyfires, I have speed from LoC, Skyfires and Enlightened and I have screens and chaff in the Horrors. The Tzaangor Shaman will typically hang around the Enlightened and potentially the Skyfires for Preternatural Enhancement, whereas the Gaunt Summoner will be near the Tzaangors for Anarchy and Mayhem. Apart from this, there is not a set battle plan - I have the tools to adapt to the scenario and to my opponent's army and deployment. 11 drops means I will almost never dictate who goes first, but since 5 of those drops hardly matter at all I will almost always get a favorable deployment.

Things I am not 100% sure of are spells and in particular the battle trait of my general. What is the most useful in your experience? Apart from that, is there anything obvious that you would change in this list? Time is a concern, but I am going for podium.

Morning gentlemen, 

I am a new player to Age of Sigmar and hope to try to enter the competitive scene. I have done some research and found I really enjoy how chaos is played and how Tzeentch wins outside of normal means. That being said I made a list using the cult of the Transient Form seeing as you can change your opponents deaths into new units, however, I am still new and I don't fully understand summoning yet and was wondering if I could get a quick rundown. Other than that here is my list please tell me what I could do better to make it run smoother! 

Leaders:

1x Tzaangor Shaman

1x Magister

1x Fatemaster 

1x Ogroid Thaumaturge 

Battleline:

10x Kairic Acolytes 

20x Tzaangors

10x Tzaangors 

Units:

3x Tzaangor Skyfires

Battalions:

Alter-kin Coven 

Arcanite Cabal 

Cult of the Transient Form 

Wounds: 107

Thank you!

I would suggest you pretend that all the Arcanite Battalions don't exist - they are all hot garbage for the points. 

Acolytes are borderline usable in a Fatesworn Warband - an Everchosen Battalion that you can use in a Tzeentch army. Probably take 6 or 9 Skyfires instead. 30 Tzaangor would be better. The Magister is hopeless.

6 minutes ago, Lanoss said:

Hey Tzeentchians

What is the alligience ability/command trait/artefact/special ability that lets a LoC flip one of his casting dice (eg flip a 1 to a 6)  then add 1?

whats the point of even casting if you can do this? 

Fateweaver can do it once per game if this is what You're talking about

On 9/14/2017 at 6:47 AM, TheOtherJosh said:

So, a Grand Alliance Chaos Army, with Allegiance Tzeentch?

No Allies listed, so it looks legal.

What was your decision point to not use battalions?

Yes no allies as the Maurauders are mark of tzeentch! 

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Is there any viable lists outside of running the same lame changehost that everyone else plays?

Tzaangor Coven or Fatesworn Warband?

On 9/21/2017 at 9:58 PM, Olmdebil said:

Anyone testet an multitudinous host? Usaly il have 3hours per game on an tournament. ..so im abit afraid to do all the movement in Time here. ...

Il own 50 pink 70 Blues and 30 brimstones. ...could be quite anoying swarm the table; )

Herald of Tzeentch

3 x 10 Pink Horrors

24 x 10 Blue Horrors

1 x 30 Blue Horrors

Multitudinous Host

1 Drop, 305 wounds, 302 (4+/4+/-/1) shots.

7 hours ago, Deathawaits101 said:

Fateweaver can do it once per game if this is what You're talking about

Yes no allies as the Maurauders are mark of tzeentch! 

Don't think so. 

My opponent had a Lord of Change, Blue Scribs and Tzaangor Shaman and I think during the LoC casting he could flip ONE of his dice during casting to the opposite side (eg 1 to a 6) then add 1 to the cast 

can I just get your thoughts on this?

The Lord of Change always changes the result of the lowest dice to the result of the highest dice when he's casting spells, read his warscroll. There are many ways you can get +1 to casting rolls, Arcane terrain etc... Don't know which particular source of +1 to casting your opponent used, but there are definitely ways to do this.

His command ability gives +1 to the casting roll for all friendly Tzeentch casters within 18"..... he is, of course, in range of himself.

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

The Lord of Change always changes the result of the lowest dice to the result of the highest dice when he's casting spells, read his warscroll. There are many ways you can get +1 to casting rolls, Arcane terrain etc... Don't know which particular source of +1 to casting your opponent used, but there are definitely ways to do this.

What are the rules to summoning? And how do they work with the cult of the Transient Form? Also why is no one talking about it? It seems like a really good battalion with a lot of spell casting and objective control seeing as it can tie down the opponent in combat by changing their models into spawn or Tzaangors.

15 hours ago, Heroflegend21 said:

What are the rules to summoning? And how do they work with the cult of the Transient Form? Also why is no one talking about it? It seems like a really good battalion with a lot of spell casting and objective control seeing as it can tie down the opponent in combat by changing their models into spawn or Tzaangors.

In Matched Play, unless you're reinforcing a unit, summoning costs reinforcement points.

So, the Acolytes to Tzaangor wouldn't cost if you were reinforcing up to max purchased in unit (but can't go over the cap)

And the hero to chaos spawn conversion appears to cost reinforcement points.

15 minutes ago, Heroflegend21 said:

Where do reinforcement points come from? And what's the max? And with the Acolytes to Tzaangors it's a free 1 for 1 until the unit cap? What about the enemies units to Tzaangors?  Would that come out of the reinforcements points?

Page 77 of the new GHB gives the full rules for reinforcement points. Its 2/3rds of a page, so too much to type here.

If you are adding to an existing unit (some abilities allow this), it does not cost points, as long as you do not go above the squads starting size.

If you are bringing on models that are forming a new unit, you must pay for the full minimum squad size. So if you get 1 Tzaangor off an enemy model, and it is its own unit, you would have to have, and spend, 180 reinforcement points to put it on the table.

On 24/09/2017 at 1:01 AM, Malakithe said:

Is there any viable lists outside of running the same lame changehost that everyone else plays?

I've had a great time running a mix of daemons and Arcanites since the book came out. Snagged first place at the Howling at the weekend with this list:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy 
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might 
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (120)
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
30 x Tzaangors (450)
- 12x Savage Greatblade
- 18x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc(160)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1830 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Suprisingly, I ended up not summoning my balewind at all! 

IMG-20170923-WA0028.jpg

Archived