Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MacDuff said:

Have you noticed that GW seems to be leaking a whole lot more, and now a month or more before? It's as if they want to build more buzz (it's working here), and let us reload our wallets.

I think it's only a matter of time until they release a release schedule with approximate dates, depending on global events like the summer campaign.

As I mentioned on another thread regarding hopes/predictions:

I'm starting to think that perhaps Battlebrew and the Huskhorn will be the crutch that Destruction will need as they face off against DoT reinforced Chaos without any further reinforcements for a while (and having just lost a lot of the strength of their older factions (Moonclan, Gitmob, Greenskinz) yesterday due to the demise of the Compendium Battalions).

The prospect of Big Archaon actually being viable at 700 points as a Tzeentch Mortal and Daemon, with 2 spells and 2 unbinds and Destiny Dice for his Sword and his Armour of Morkhar could be a real game changer (no command trait, but still get the Lore spell and the Destiny Dice in exchange for command ability spam), especially with a Disklord flying about. Varanguard however, will remain outside of the Tzeentch Allegiance (pending some kind of change or special super Battalion (cf. Gnarlroot and Winterleaf) allowing you to sneak in a handful of non-Tzeentch units).

I am already thinking about how the Arcanites will play. That do you think, is it too early to speculate on list building? :)

My guess is that you have one huge unit of Tzaangors that you put inspiring presence on and use as an anvil. Then you have two small units of Kairic Acolytes and that’s the battle line requirement.

Behind the Tzaangors you have a gunline with Skyfires and wizards.

Then you have Tzaangor Enlighteneds to counterattack and grab far away objectives.

Maybe something like this

Gaunt Summoner

Ogroid Thaumaturg

Tzaangors Shaman

Magister (or Fatemaster)

30 Tzaangors

10 Kairic Acolytes

10 Kairic Acolytes

6 Tzaangor Skyfires (or two units of 3)

6 Tzaangor Enlighteneds (or two units of 3)

Some formations

Summoning (Maybe 10 Horrors, a Herald or a Balewind)

PS: The points are pure speculations. :)

15 hours ago, Hebroseph said:

I really hope they do some keyword work to make brayherd interchangeable along with slaves to darkness. 

I painted my war herd in tzeench colors for a reason.

1222161022.jpg

Sounds like Slaves will be interchangeable with the Tzaangors, as they'll both have the Tzeentch keyword, but the old Brayherd stuff is on its way out, I think. 

7 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

It's hard to determine if they're leaking early in response to white dwarf leaks or if it's all part of the plan.  I still think it's the former given the impromptu feel of the twitch episodes this week.

I think the White Dwarf leaks were official. Notice that they've coincidentally stopped as they switched to the Warhammer Community site. 

7 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

It's hard to determine if they're leaking early in response to white dwarf leaks or if it's all part of the plan.  I still think it's the former given the impromptu feel of the twitch episodes this week.

I think they are reacting to leaks so you get to see proper pictures rather than fuzzy out of focus ones. Most of the leaks we are seeing now are either from White Dwarf or people seeing things early. I quite like what they are doing but I'll be honest, I don't want to see everything up front like a schedule. I like the excitement and mystery around a release.

3 hours ago, Nico said:

The prospect of Big Archaon actually being viable at 700 points as a Tzeentch Mortal and Daemon, with 2 spells and 2 unbinds and Destiny Dice for his Sword and his Armour of Morkhar could be a real game changer (no command trait, but still get the Lore spell and the Destiny Dice in exchange for command ability spam), especially with a Disklord flying about. Varanguard however, will remain outside of the Tzeentch Allegiance (pending some kind of change or special super Battalion (cf. Gnarlroot and Winterleaf) allowing you to sneak in a handful of non-Tzeentch units).

I still feel around 700 points he's still a bit expensive but I accept that the Destiny Dice (or other Tzeentch rules) may change this. I think the flexibility of the book is the key

I'm hoping to build a flying list, I think the tzaangors on disks will be battleline if you take hero x as general, so I'd love to build an army of.

Flying tzaangor archers,

Flying tzaangors polearm dudes,

Burning Chariot of Tzeentch x 2 

Lord of Tzeentch on disk 

Gaunt summoner on disk

Bits an bobs

An just play an evasion game and deal high amounts of damage with few units.

4 hours ago, Nico said:

Varanguard however, will remain outside of the Tzeentch Allegiance (pending some kind of change or special super Battalion (cf. Gnarlroot and Winterleaf) allowing you to sneak in a handful of non-Tzeentch units).

Can't you give them Tzeentch keyword if Archaon is General?

52 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

I'm hoping to build a flying list, I think the tzaangors on disks will be battleline if you take hero x as general, so I'd love to build an army of.

Flying tzaangor archers,

Flying tzaangors polearm dudes,

Burning Chariot of Tzeentch x 2 

Lord of Tzeentch on disk 

Gaunt summoner on disk

Bits an bobs

An just play an evasion game and deal high amounts of damage with few units.

I think mobility is going to be key with some of the Tzeentch lists we'll be able to field.  Don't forget units like Heralds on Disks or Burning Chariots, Flamers (and Exalted ones), Screamers etc... can all fly and have decent movement.

I'm personally hoping that Tzaangors will be battleline (surely they will be).  That way I can fill out my battleline requirements with a few units on Tzaangors and a unit of Horrors who should be able to actually cast something for a change.

8 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

Can't you give them Tzeentch keyword if Archaon is General?

Yes but only when they are on the battlefield and in the Hero phase. So from the purpose of making a list under matched play, they wouldn't count as being part of the book unless the DoT book has something letting you do that.

8 minutes ago, Changer said:

I think mobility is going to be key with some of the Tzeentch lists we'll be able to field.  Don't forget units like Heralds on Disks or Burning Chariots, Flamers (and Exalted ones), Screamers etc... can all fly and have decent movement.

I'm personally hoping that Tzaangors will be battleline (surely they will be).  That way I can fill out my battleline requirements with a few units on Tzaangors and a unit of Horrors who should be able to actually cast something for a change.

I agree mobility will be big but it's big for any army ;) 

As for battleline, I suspect Tzaangors will be but I wouldn't be surprised if you choose the flavour of your army first (so Daemon, Archanite or Slaves) and that decides your battleline.

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yes but only when they are on the battlefield and in the Hero phase. So from the purpose of making a list under matched play, they wouldn't count as being part of the book unless the DoT book has something letting you do that.

I agree mobility will be big but it's big for any army ;) 

As for battleline, I suspect Tzaangors will be but I wouldn't be surprised if you choose the flavour of your army first (so Daemon, Archanite or Slaves) and that decides your battleline.

Yep - @Gaz Taylor got there first. Exactly.

If we are choosing our flavour so to speak, I hope it doesn't then limit us on what we can choose. It would still tailor lists to represent specific sub factions of the general Tzeentch followers, but I don't want to lose out on using one unit because of another etc.

I gather that all flavours get the Destiny Dice (the Battle Trait); then the choice of general determines the Command Trait; and then you get Lore Spells either (a) the choice of general; or (b) based on whether the Wizard is Mortal, Arcanite or Daemon. Thoughts please? 

From what I remember from  the stream,

Daemon keywords units are the only ones able to pick from the lore of change, this is why gaunt summoners will be great as they will also be able to use the lore of fate.

The normal 2 spells,  and their unique spells. So that's like,  21 spells. Minimum.

22 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I think the White Dwarf leaks were official. Notice that they've coincidentally stopped as they switched to the Warhammer Community site. 

I'd bet they're still experimenting with social media as an advertising tool. The clue photos get text buzz, the Warhammer TV shows get broader game interest, and the Internet plastic trash bin videos give a bit more tangible visual clues. Since the weekly WD clues went away, they seem to be trying to give us a lot more a month out, to get ahead of leaks and drive the narrative. The fuzzy photos seem to only be for a day now, before the high Rez ones hit. I'd also suspect they're feeding stuff to the rumor blogs. I love what they're doing. I don't to need to see everything a month out, only enough to get me interested and planning future purchases, which is the name of the game.

Having had a further look at the pics, I'm wondering about the possibility of converting up a Lord of Chaos on Daemonic Mount using one of the Discs of Tzzentch the Tzaangor is riding (although I'm struggling to find a suitable Lord model) ... 

On 21/12/2016 at 9:42 PM, DarkBlack said:

This worries me. Having all the points in one book enables all of them to be updated together and avoids the situation where army books of different ages are not balanced.

They've kinda of left themselves in a difficult situation with The General's Handbook (TGH), when looking at new releases occurring after its release:

1. They could include the points in the book, allowing people to use the models in Matched Play until the next release of TGH.  If they do this, people get worried about it being a change of direction.
  2. They could not include the points in the book, and:
    1. Issue them in a White Dwarf.  This would mean they'd have to keep that issue in stock for about a year until the next TGH.
    2. Issue them online and put a sticker/note in the book saying where to find them.  About 15% of households in the UK don't have internet access, and you know some people are going to miss the sticker/note ...
    3. Put the points for all planned releases in TGH.  People will get confused/angry that there's options for which there are no models.
    4. Keep everyone waiting until the next TGH.  Not really an option! ;)

I can't really see an option that isn't going to upset or worry someone.  If I were doing it, I'd put all of the points in a "summary sheet" at the back (a bit like they used to do with the old Army Books and Codices, c. 2000), as a placeholder until the next TGH release.

On 12/20/2016 at 2:58 PM, Nico said:

Silver Tower box bought today. 

3 Daemon units are in my shopping trolley - depending on what we find out tomorrow. Magnus conversion to an EGD of Tzeentch is also likely.

I picked up both ST (my second set) and Magnus tonight before coming and finding this thread. And 20 Tzaangors.

I am seriously looking forward to this. My Adepticon army from last year with Archaon was Tzeentch / Nurgle split. I would love to do it again this year full Tzeentch with the new book, new units.

I am seriously looking forward to this. My Adepticon army from last year with Archaon was Tzeentch / Nurgle split. I would love to do it again this year full Tzeentch with the new book, new units.

Absolutely - my first AoS army was mortal Nurgle. The Glottkin has been overcosted ever since, but I discovered the joys of Skaven and added a Fatesworn Warband - Mortal Chaos with rend - wow.

That army also got shelved after the Rule of One (while I built Tournament armies in the other 3 Grand Alliances), but will be coming out in force imminently.

One of the many brilliant things about DoT is that it will also revitalise all of the Daemon armies, since many DoT lists will benefit from a (substantial summoning pool). Given that (very much unlike Death) Tzeentch can reliably pump out summons - including 10-12 casts to get larger blocks on the table (without resorting to 2 particular named characters); and that's even before taking into account of Destiny Dice; it will be practical to make use of a quasi-sideboard thanks to the reinforcement rules (with the usual drawbacks). Plaguebearers, Bloodletters, Skull Cannons, Plague Toads (maybe) for example will add flexibility (toughness or durability or artillery) to the army as needed.

I forsee karios getting new rules.

His ability of being able to change one dice becomes a lot less valuable if we are able to actively change 9 dice and get some back etc.

Obviously karios can change any dice but it just feels less amazing now, more so considering a few units can do better versions of it now.

So the recent leaks say there are 10 arcanites war scrolls. They will probably be

Gaunt summoner

Gaunt summoner on disc

Fatemaster

Magister

Ogroid

Tzaangor sky thingies

Tzaangor enlightened 

Tzaangors

Kairic acolytes 

Tzaangor shaman.

We have seen everything except the Fatemaster and Magister. They could be clam packs or buildable from the other kits.

On the demon side there will be 14 warscrolls so

Loc

Kairic

Herald

Herald on disc

Herald  on chariot

Blue scribes 

Exalted flamer on chariot

Exalted flamer

Pink horrors

blue horrors

Brimstone horrors

Flamers

Screamers

That leaves one warscroll unaccounted for.

Thoughts?

Archived