The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@solarbur this forum is awesome for a confidence boost! It's great to have so many folk appreciating each others' efforts and giving tips and pointers to improve! Looking forward to seeing your rats!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Ademo said:

c15d4fb312339b21731b04b8a888af34.jpg
10 cave squigs finished! I have herders, hoppers, manglers and archers to look at next as well as my other undead project!

Lovely squigs! Love the mix. And the pale underbellies really sell it. You've brought out the goofy/menacing side of them. Basing is ace as well.

1 hour ago, SolarBur said:

i got a lot of clan pestilens stuff over christmas, so i would like to try this too.

though my build time and paint time are incredibly slow (maaaassive lack of confidence xD) , i would like to try to get at least 1k by years end. 

Welcome to the project! Don't worry about that, this is for everyone. Just do a little and post up a picture. If you need any tips, we'll be happy to help. A great painting guide comes from Duncan, who shows how to get a really good result (relatively) easily:

actually to go a little further, my aim would be to do an army on parade for later this year. that's kind of my big aim at the end, but for now i would just settle on the 1k of clan pestilens. and since i don't plan on using a furnace or a corrupter in the army just yet. that's a loooooooooooot of rats xD

but that's the way i feel it should be for skaven, so, a little nerve wracking to paint up that many monks, but not that bad. i plan on doing red robes for my clan (clan bloodsmog), and that so far is just undercoat chaos black, spray mournfang brown, red robes, and was with agrax or sepia i think it was. not sure what colour i want to do the cowls/hoods yet, can't seem to pick one out. But so far i've got my first 500pts set in my sights, and hopefully all built by the end of the month ^^

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

I really like the heralds differing skin tones and the plague drone's carapace in particular. Noice.

Thanks! I really had no idea how to tackle the herald, so I just attacked him with washes. I had no Lahmian medium so it was a bit of a hack job. I just kept layering it up, and when it looked gross enough I tried to tie it all together using Pallid Wych Flesh highlights on the lower half and Nurgle Green on the top, Despite not being a huge fan of the model, I think it really worked, and was a fun experiment!

@DynamicCalories loving the nurgle especially like the herald with hurtling in pool of gloop, brilliant!

@Sleboda liking the spot colour on the dryad the the addition of blood certainly makes them seem creepy!

@Ademo Squigs! Yours look superb,  the extra effort you have put in really shows. The was a squib army on the twitch channel over the weekend and I'm sorely tempted to revisit mine at some point!

Nice one@roostmanuva wow! I'll echo what others have said - really striking minis! I think for me, the blue areas eg the fungi on the big dude and the quiverling itself tie it all together and lift the scheme. Do you plan on dotting it in anywhere else throughout the army?

Archived