Age of Sigmar Community Champion Award 2016 - Nominations

I would like to echo all of the above and add a few points:

Ben Curry

For creating The Grand Alliance forum and contributing to the General’s Handbook

Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, forums. Never has the hobbyist had so many options available to him to share, view and discuss hobby related content. Ben, on top of hosting the Bad Dice Podcast, creating Scenery Dice and running events, created this very forum for us all to have a place to share and enjoy the hobby, without getting pounced on by over-zealous Facebook admins or those who don’t enjoy AoS as much as we do! TGA  has become the go-to place for those wishing to discuss all things AoS, from face-smashingly good lists all the way to blogging your army's progress. Not only this, but Ben also played a key role in the creation of the General's Handbook as one of the Podcast Eternals

Running some amazing events! 

Also for showing not only that the Legion of Azgorth are a real army, but also that they are an awesome, fun army that can look great on the table and win painting awards. Well done and it was a real pleasure to play against them on the eve of The Warlords.

Mo Ashraf

For Clash Comp, pioneering the community comp movement

Definitely a hobby hero! Clash Comp/Mo Comp made a huge difference in the early (and sometimes) dark days (I think we can ignore the fact that this happened in 2015 as it's Mo). He has carried forth the Mo-Comp to date and to Firestorm Fours 2017).

Rob/Rufio Symes

Echoing the points above, but even before joining GW:

• All round hobby legend - painting, modelling, inventive list building.
  • Winning SCGT.
  • Winning Alliance as well.
  • Massive banter.
  • Sense of humour.
  • Inspirational
  • So much energy.
  • Bravery One Podcast.

I was lucky enough to be invited to join his Firestorm Fours team (Six Dice Skills) back in February. We (ok I) nearly broke our WhatsApp Chatroom. What a great weekend that was. 

Honourable Mentions to:

Nathan Prescott - The Hooded Villain!

• Bravery One
  • Banter.
  • Wisdom.
  • Sense of humour.

Mediocre Joe

• Bravery One Podcast.
  • Unbelievably nice guy and a joy to be around. 
  • Manages to make playing against Clan Skryre into a joyous experience for both players even if it's largely time spent at the bar.
  • Sense of humour.

Honorable Mentions:

Nico - @Nico:

• For being an incredible source of analysis/insight/advice
  • He's the top content creator at TGA (by a wide margin!)

Thank you kindly Tyler. That means a lot coming from you.

This is a great idea and thanks for the nomination! 

I think everyone I would have nominated is already listed. It really is kind of amazing how things have turned out, considering how bleak the future seemed when AoS dropped. The combination of support from both GW and the warhammer community has created an awesome time to be a warhammer player!

For everyone's awareness, voting will go now go live for an approx 3 week duration from 1st Jan at approx 1200hrs. This is to ensure maximum participation from the whole community, as it was deemed that the previous timescales were a bit too short.

Happy new year one and all, here's to a great 2017!

I forgot to say how honoured I was to get a mention in this thread. I don't think I am even close to being in the same league as the others mentioned - but through 2017 I am hoping to build the Hinterlands Skirmish Campaign rules into something really fun for the community. :) 

Archived