Some pictures not showing up (Amazonaws.com related?)

Spiky Norman

I'm having some difficulties with pictures in threads not showing up. It's only a problem some times, and if I mouse-over the text (image.jpeg) where the images should be, it seems the adresse is at amazonaws.com, if that means anything.

As an example I have a link here to a post, where I can see none of the pictures in that post. Strangely enough I am able to find the pictures through Googles image search.

I am using Firefox by the way.

Anyone have any idea on what this could be and how to fix it?

• 2 months later...

A lot of places workblock amazon as a domain. The only thing you can do is have your IT department unblock amazonaws.com...which they may do if it's work related (where I work it's what we host on) but for games sites...you might be out of luck unless viewing at home :)

I didn't think that was it since my work doesn't block anything, for the most part I stay on wifi, the same that all the students use, so I can do what I want. I checked at home and I can't see them there either.  If I go into someones profile and look at the images they uploaded I can see things but in the threads for anything old I can't see anything. 

It's not work related. 

I had to change the media host and if broke all the links. 

I have around 100000 images that need reuploading manually in batches of 1-200 max. 

Im getting down them but it's a slow process. 

Archived