Let's chat Grotz and Moonclan

MidasKiss

Point cost reductions may have also be needed for everyone since it is confirmed that Endless Spells in Matched Play do actually take up points. Interesting.

Also

Finally, for every kind of gamer, the General’s Handbook 2018 contains a new set of rules for summoning for every army that used it before, as well as allegiance abilities for every faction that was featured last year

Spiderfangs and Gitmobs are really stuck in the water. Along with Greenskinz and Ogors.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Spiderfangs and Gitmobs are really stuck in the water. Along with Greenskinz and Ogors.

Yep. Whats really annoying is how they promote and sell these models like the spiderfang box to new players, suggesting its a great army to play, but its sh17. I feel duped. 

2 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Yep. Whats really annoying is how they promote and sell these models like the spiderfang box to new players, suggesting its a great army to play, but its sh17. I feel duped. 

Well I mean at least those factions have a start collecting box. I'd take that over not having one (unless its Maglinants which for some weird reason have a mortis engine that is still not a nighthaunt model).

Meanwhile got to cough up the full moola for factions like ogors and surprisingly moongrots (until their inevitable update).

Yeah, that part of the GHB announcement was lame.  They never outright stated that the only allegiance abilities in the book are just the ones on that list, but I expect that is the case.  I don't think it makes sense for them to not advertise a couple new ones if the book contains them.  So, now I guess we get to hope that the basic Destruction Allegiance traits have been reworked so that they are more useful on the whole.  This really feels like a very big missed opportunity to me.  I really hope that they at least will start talking about some future plans for Destruction.  I can be patient, but I would like to know that they at least do have some plans.

6 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Soup tome could come out of nowhere. Its the sort of release that doesn't have rumor engines etc. And also i think there's some playtesters building destruction soup armies for no reason... 

It feels like a Soup Tome is the best hope at this point for anything that is not Beastclaw Raiders, Bonesplitterz, Ironjawz, and probably now Moonclan.

For those other factions I think at this point that we need to hope for a book rewrite and a small miniature release of 1-3 kits.

1 minute ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

In the AoS2 preview in  this months White Dwarf there’s only one set of models that appear in the photos that don’t have a Battletome, Moonclan.  It’s so happening 

pics please

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think the new moonclan units could  be?

My mind has been running wild with ideas, such as a fungoid mounted on a great cave squig.

Maybe a new unit of warriors, that r slightly arder as they r half mushroom.

I really want to see Skarsnik brought back, maybe mounted on a squig dragon (squagon) or a giant moon monster.

I would also like to see a mushroom forest, that buffs moonclan, and sometimes the mushrooms turn into squigs.

Can you double a double ie stack I’m da Boss, Now Stab ’em Good! Drink a battlebrew or use a +1 to wound weapon and on 4s or 5s to wound you are looking at D6^(CP+1) damage from Giant Squig’s Gaping Maw. Seems like a particularly abusive way to get 1000+ damage. 

14 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

Can you double a double ie stack I’m da Boss, Now Stab ’em Good! Drink a battlebrew or use a +1 to wound weapon and on 4s or 5s to wound you are looking at D6^(CP+1) damage from Giant Squig’s Gaping Maw. Seems like a particularly abusive way to get 1000+ damage. 

Im pretty sure that combo is why they nerfed battlebrew im the first place. So it is doable yeah. 

Archived