Looking for a "scout" type scenario

Somnicide

Hey all, my friend and I are looking for a scenario to kick off a campaign, and I thought I'd turn here for some idea. We are looking for a scenario that is based around scouting something out, or a heist, or something like that. Can anyone think of any published scenarios that fit the bill (balance not necessary). If not in one of the books, how about something homegrown or local club you've played that is awesome?

Thanks!

depends on you definition of scouting.

Perhaps a regiments of reknown type scenario or just one with a very low points costs. you could have the "scouts" attempting to retrieve an item/items of interest and bringing it back to your army (Off board) without being caught by the patrols or even have the enemy scouts trying to do the same thing and gain more items than you in a set amount of turns. (There is a mission collecting servitors in DOW: dark crusade it reminds me of.

You could even have a artifact guarded by a small NPC force at the centre of the board and have opposing raiding partys at either end and attempt to retrive the item without the patrols seeing you MGS style.

OR

you can skip the intial scouting trip and have your scouting party attempting to escape from enemy hunting parties from one side to the other after having stolen something. Its not exactly the same but the Battleplan in the Everchosen book where Archaon chases the Gaunt summoner through a valley come to mind.

and breath . . .

Here is a link that I found that has all of the scenarios that were once-upon-a-time publicly available on GW's website.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22702196/warhammer skirmish scenarios.pdf

I think the scenarios that would best match a "heist" like scenario would be Town Raid or Baggage Train. Looks like this collection of GW web pages has even more scenarios that weren't even in the Warhammer Skirmish booklet, so maybe you'll find some scenario gems that would be even better!

Archived