Stormcasts vs. Chaos Everchosen, Out of the mist battleplan

Ravenwing

Hi All

A few pictures from my latest battle. I played Stormcasts against a mixed Chaos force - called Everchosen.

The battleplan was the "Out of the mist". It favors Chaos forces a bit as I did not get much use from my trusty Judicators. I managed to kill the enemy messenger which was a minor objective. However, in the end the enemy killed a larger proportion of my forces, so I suffered a minor defeat. I console myself that I got a moral win since my army was fully painted against an army that was only partially painted.

It was a great battle and fun to play. In was very close until the last battleround, where I had lost 27 models in total vs. the enemy's 25 models. I keep being surprised how close AoS battles are. It is rare to see the total slaugther of the enemy which is sometimes seen in WH40k.

Some of the learnings are:

Never use freeguild troops in small numbers. They need a general and large numbers to be effective. Especially battleshock will easily kill them. In a way an obvious learning, but still a learning nonetheless. ;)

I am still struggling to find the right time and place to commit my Celestial Prime. It is difficult to keep him alive for long although the damage output is fantastic. I think the optimal time is second round and then keep him in cover and possibly out of range from enemy shooting. I feel he is a bit of a glass cannon.

Lord Celestant on foot is an awesome general and really worth the money.

For once the Prosecutors with Javelins came through. The unit has a really low damage output and are normally not good for anything else than grapping objectives or blocking/delaying the enemy. However, in this game they delivered the final wounds to kill the enemy messenger. Well worth their 80 points this time.

Feel free to comment or share your experiences.

Below are some picture from the battle.

My Stormcasts massing for battle

8FE30D3D-EB95-464B-819F-997904289181_zps

Battle about to begin

77080DA0-8760-4E72-B1DA-8647F622A22B_zps

Retributors and General ready to dish out some pain :)

5F892E92-D0D9-4A23-99F7-7895254EBF10_zps

Nurgle ready to spread some pestilence.....

0033494F-62C5-428B-84C7-BAF22716A1B9_zps

Morale victory secured for the Stormcasts as Chaos brings unpainted models to the table :)

E6F433BE-2AB7-4ED3-A2BD-896314FE396A_zps

Slaugther of my freeguild O.o

6ECA9CC2-6850-4F68-94EB-38BADBC59118_zps

Archived