Tales of Sigmar - Tale of Gamers - Month 4

TalesOfSigmar

banner2.jpg

Month 1 entrants can be found here.

Month 2 entrants can be found here.

Month 3 entrants can be found here.

Again some great progress for Month 3. I'm unfortunately going to be bowing out due to personal reasons and not having the time to continue with my Nurgle. But rest assured I'll be continuing with this for everyone else and the Battletome of your choice prize for the best looking army at the end is still on offer!

Format of posts is completely up to you but a template as a recommendation of how it should be is as followed.

Army -

Month 3 Budget: £50 (+ whatever you had left last month)
Month 3 Spend:
Remaining Budget:

Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next month. Deadline for Month 4 is Friday 25th November.

Month 4 budget: 100

Month 4 spending:

$40 for Battletome Ironjaws

$50 Megaboss

Remaining budget $10. 

Battle toms is not fancy but as a gamer who is new to AOS it is essential. The Warboss on the other hand is a beast cannot wait to have him on my paint station. WIP will be up soon. 

Month 4 budget: £50

Month 4 spend: £50 start collecting nurgle

The plan is to try and paint these up using mainly washes, trying a technique I wouldn't normally use, have made some progress already, and will hopefully get them done fairly quickly. Naming my war and the 'Unstiched bowel'.

image.jpeg

Month 4 Budget: £50 (Missed last two months, so I'm just going to start again)
Month 4 Spend: £32 (They are plastic black orcs, so there is only ten but rebasing costs and all that I'll just say 32)
Remaining Budget: £18

Right, really can't go failing again. Sticking to ironjawz now, and have these ten ready for rebasing. Also in a similar thing with people I've met at GW so all the more reason!

Army - Sylvaneth

Month 3 Budget: £50 ( -3.5£)
Month 3 Spend: 36£
Remaining Budget: 10.5£

This month Im going to finish the 10 Dryads from last month. Im also going to do two Citadel ForestS and a Branch-wraith.

Im only spending on the forests, since Im planning to build the Wraith out of the Branchwhych from the start collecting box.

Army - Destruction
Month 4 Budget - 50£
Month 4 Spend - 90£
(Actually I started the project 2 weeks ago so the extra 40£ can be like saved from Month 3)
Remaining Budget -0£

This is my entry for Tales of Sigmar so I am pretty excited as this kind of competition always helps me with speeding up with painting project. And this time it is big. I plan to make a whole Bonesplitterz army, using most of the models from GW (and not only) from 80s till recent plastics. As I want to use it in the games right now I will be adding some other Destruction models probalby to have some army working until I finish pure Bonesplitterz.
I plan to collect a Drakkfoot Warclan, so the theme is going to be Aqshy based, lots of blood, ash and skullz;) Regular Savages and Arrerboyz are going to be the models from 80s-90s (right now I have most from the old metals I could find on eBay) and in case of Arrerboyz I'll need to clone them in finecast (I plan to go for 30 first and then expand even more). All the Morboyz and Maniaks will be the modern plastics, as they look more Big'Uns standing next to the old savages.
The main colors for the clan will be reds so I also decided to pay tribute to the old school painting style and paint all the wooden weapons in ...RED;)
Here goes the first battle line:
10 Savages from the 90s, 1 Savage Big Boss (from Avatars of War), and an extra no-Bonesplitter ForgeWorld Standard Bearer - for the Army Warboss -before I go pure BS.
The cost of the first 12 (most of them from eBay) with bases was ~90£ :
First pic from 2 weeks ago:
ba3628d17edf0b55fb12f79618408b8c.jpg
By now all of them are basecoated and I have also added and basecoated the Banner bearer. More pictures coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Army - Destruction

Month 4 Budget: £84.75
Month 4 Spend: £65 Ogre battalion box

Total Spend: £65
Remaining Budget: £19.75

So for month 4 I'm leaving the ironjawz behind, that's a lie I will still be painting them in between painting ogors. I was lucky enough to buy an ogre battalion box set from my local games workshop which was an awesome bargain so in it I got 6 ogres 6 ironguts and 4 leadbelchers now I find that as I have to pay for 6 leadbelchers if I have 4 I think I'm guna try my hand at converting one of the leadbelchers into a butcher which would round of the ogres nicely as that's 980 points for £65, ill update more when I start working on them properly but I cant see myself adding lots more to the ogres except maybe a tyrant and of course some maneaters but that will have to wait until month 5.  

Really nice conversion! A mix out of Revenant bits and Durtthu i guess? 

Here is some last insight for Alarielle, Beetle is almost done. Did some work at Alarielle. I think i will be done saturday maybe Friday, if my Kids will let me. ?

IMG_5064.JPG

IMG_5065.JPG

I really Love my cute little girls! They let me paint the whole say to finish Alarielle, well my Woge was a but messed up because of that. ? But here is the result. I'm also thinking may i add Duruthu this Month to get the Money left over a bit downwards. ?

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG

IMG_5133.JPG

IMG_5134.JPG

IMG_5135.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5137.JPG

The first two pictures i made the base was not completetd as you see. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is. lucky for me month 4 was a light month from a hobby perspective cause real life got in the way. I did however manage to get my Megaboss painted.20161106_230448.jpg20161106_230457.jpg20161106_230503.jpg

His base remains unfinished as I am waiting to finish my army. I am ordering tufts from shadows edge miniatures and I only want to pay shipping from the  UK once. Also I used blood for the blood God for the first time. Love the effect but went a little overboard. I will be getting the battle force so I will get another shot another making another boss  he was a pleasure to paint.

Archived