Rise of Empires: Realm Hoppers Narrative Campaign

HobbyHammer

Here's the start of the small Bloodbound contingent joining The Khorne Rebellion, the first 10 Bloodreavers with Meatripper Axes.

Didn't want to include just one token black guy in the unit so have done a 50/50 mix. First time ever trying to paint dark skin tones, pretty happy with the result of them.

7.jpeg.515b68fcb685149e7e2e20a0b3786c62.jpeg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's piece is to go along with a foot knight (Freeguild General) I'm painting up to go along with my Devoted of Sigmar. Quite an unoriginal name but I thought it went well with his backstory! Promise I'll have some painted stuff to post tomorrow!

Dontos surged forward with his trusty men at arms by his side, slicing their way through the daemons with various swords, flails, maces and torches. It was not for Dontos to wonder why his men at arms had left their proper arms and armour back at the camp, and had charged into a horde of daemons wearing nothing but a few rags and some chains whilst chanting some rubbish about The Green Lord Sigmar...

BRETONNIA_1.jpg

Finally got a painted unit to show, some quick and dirty (by design) Devoted of Sigmar. Just need the black rims doing! After taking this I promptly dropped one and broke it in half, classic. Plus a sneak preview of Drycha, managed to get my best ever result with the crackle paint, so I'm stoked!

For ease, below is the background text for them I posted a few days ago!

The Devoted knew that they were soon to meet their deaths, having been told a little while ago by Sigmar himself, who had visited them in their dreams. They didn't worry that Sigmar was looking a little greener than usual, that wasn't important. They found themselves at the head of The Order, being given the honour of the first charge against the foul daemons of the Rot.

Led by the Witch Hunter, Marshal Agravain, who, coincidentally, seemed impervious to damage, The Devoted span through the remaining daemons (having just witnessed two daemons of different colours fight each other), oblivious of when one or two (or ten) of their number fell to their poisoned blades.

2017-02-08 22.49.08.jpg

2017-02-08 22.42.51.jpg

Here's Sir Dontos for today's warscroll, used as either a Freeguild General or Witch Hunter!

Dontos surged forward with his trusty men at arms by his side, slicing their way through the daemons with various swords, flails, maces and torches. It was not for Dontos to wonder why his men at arms had left their proper arms and armour back at the camp, and had charged into a horde of daemons wearing nothing but a few rags and some chains whilst chanting some rubbish about The Green Lord Sigmar...

2017-02-09 23.14.29.jpg

53 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Here's Sir Dontos for today's warscroll, used as either a Freeguild General or Witch Hunter!

2017-02-09 23.14.29.jpg

That's some vintage class right there. 

Finished off a themed Realm Gate for the display board. This one is meant to be the one inside the Khorne Rebellion stronghold hence all the skulls. I've done a second one that is just grey with the blood effect in the gate bit but no scrolls. That's meant to be one of the gates just randomly scattered around the realms that links through to the main gate. 

IMG_2880.JPG.85f0def9025c9f5917455c491aa0906b.JPG

Here's a little buildup for Drycha! Got a few more Warscrolls on the production line yet and would like to reveal her last!

Drycha was ready. From the depths of the Dreadwood glade she would travel into the midst of the carnage upon the sacred Realmroots of old.

She never knew whether in the heat of battle she would be overcome with an all consuming rage or terrible sadness for her people, but knew that either way, she would no longer let the Rot God lay claim to her ancestral home.

cf64e2df5b1ee652b2079b747fd18641.jpg

The Rebellion of Khorne - Part 12

Sayl_the_Faithless.jpg.d6190b79c514533ea57d34acf1fcb7f3.jpg

Sayl's face lit up, he'd heard of these crystal before, without even consulting the rest of the council he addressed the Bloodreaver. "Muster the warband, we must go." As the Bloodreaver left to tell the rest of the Rebellion, Sayl was about to follow suit until the deafening roar of Skarbrand stopped him dead in his tracks. "WAIT!!!!"

Sayl tried to explain, "These…these dark crystals master, they're rumoured to hold great power…" but was instantly cut off by The Exiled One "POWER?!!? Let me make one thing clear Sayl, there is only ONE thing to distinguish the upmost power, look around you. The more skulls that lie in my throne room the more powerful I become. Soon people will tremble to my reign." Skarbrand slammed down the skull goblet on the arm of his throne, blood sloshing out of the cup and covering the surrounding area.

"I meant no insult to you my lord." Sayl was quick to reassure his position in the room, the last thing he wanted was his own skull joining those less fortunate than himself. Sayl needed access to those crystals though and he needed Skarbrand to lead him there.

"What I meant my lord, the crystals are rumoured to hold great power, that means it's going to attract greater enemies from afar. Think of the spoils of war we…YOU…could take if we were there to cut everyone off…."

Archived