Rise of Empires: Realm Hoppers Narrative Campaign

HobbyHammer

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The response force standing ready in the Tower of the Tempest were swift to answer the clarion call of Sigmar. Juventia gave orders for the reserves to be made ready for war briefly before being snatched into the storm and deposited in the Realm of Ghur.

As the sound of their arrival faded great beasts could be heard ahead, a bass note to the chattering of an Ogor tribe. They would soon feel the bite of the Tempest.

841c6b341e80a0a20bbb48039125c599.jpg

This also shows the completion of the initial force, the additions of;

Malleus Idmmitis- 5 Retributors with 2 Starsoul Maces

Dolor Pluvia - 5 Judicators with Shockbolt Bow

Mortis Caligine - 5 Judicators with Shockbolt Bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rebellion of Khorne - Part 11

Bloodletter.jpg

"You want to do what???" Skarbrand roared towards Sayl, his robes fluttering with the strength of the Bloodthirsters rage. "L…L…Let me explain" spluttered Sayl, the last thing he wanted to do was set off the ticking time bomb that was The Exiled One.  "I…I…I want to turn the Rebellion blue."

Skarbrand got off his skull throne stepping towards the wizard who was very quickly backtracking. Barruk, Ranuk and Heung, the other members of Skarbrand's council all smiled at the predicament Sayl had got himself in. Who did the wizard think he was talking about using a spell to augment the colour of the skin of the daemons to blue?

"Think about it my lord. If we go to battle against the despicable Khorne how are we to know who is a part of the rebellion and who is foe?" The words seemed to sink into Skarbrand who stopped in his tracks, he pondered the statement from Sayl, a sick twisted smile coming across the face of Skarbrand.

"I love it!" roared The Exiled One. "We shall go to battle and it shall be known the Rebellion of Khorne is coming!" Skarbrand marched over to his huge throne chiselled out of hundreds and hundreds of skulls. He pulled out a large goblet made out of bone and poured deep red blood into it. "We must drink to our success Sayl, I always knew welcoming you to the council would reap its benefits."

Skarbrand handed out the goblet towards Sayl, the complete change in personality in a matter of moments was startling for the wizard but he wasn't going to be ruin this opportunity with The Exiled One. He reached out and took a large swig of the crimson liquid, Sayl gulped down enough to feel like he'd satisfied Skarbrand.

"How long will the spell take?" The Exiled One enquired. "Give me the word and I'll show you" replied Sayl, cleaning off his face with the side of his robe. Skarbrand nodded and suddenly the great Chaos wizard started muttering a small glow emanating from the top of his staff. As the chants got louder and more intense so did the glow, until it was too blinding to look at.

Instantly a ray of dark tainted light exploded throughout the chamber and through all the corridors of the stronghold. As Sayl snapped out his trance he looked at the Exiled One before him, what was his dark crimson skin was now a distinctive midnight blue colour. Heung and Barruk the two other daemons were the same and amazingly while the Bloodsecrator's skin stayed the same human colour, the blood red armour of Ranuk had been changed to the same tone of the skin colour of the Daemon's in the room.

"MAGNIFICANT!" roared Skarbrand as he looked down at his new colour, if anything his white beard now stood out more. "Our enemies will now know who has..." Suddenly one of the Bloodreavers ran into the room, not realising the whole council was sitting in the chamber. He bowed down to all four members of the council as well as Skarbrand. "My lords, I'm sorry to interrupt, but you need to see this. There are dark crystals, dropping from the sky out into the realm. We've all seen it from the Stronghold walls. There's loads of them!"

Sayl's face lit up, he'd heard of these crystal before, without even consulting the rest of the council he addressed the Bloodreaver. "Muster the warband, we must go." As the Bloodreaver left to tell the rest of the Rebellion, Sayl was about to follow suit until the deafening roar of Skarbrand stopped him dead in his tracks. "WAIT!!!!"

@TalesOfSigmar - 23 Renown Points
@Dangermouse425 - 1 Renown Point (But as promised, a bonus Treasure Card for the Story)
@bennyp - 11 Renown Point (Now Level 2 and a Treasure card!)
@Paul G - 21 Renown points 
@HobbyHammer - 7 Renown Points
@Spiky Norman - 9 Renown Points
@Grønlykke - 9 Renown Point 
@Nixon - 12 Renown Points
@Roar - 2 Renown Points
@Silent joe - 15 Renown Points
@Dan Comeau - 3 Renown Point
@JontyGoesGaming - 4 Renown Points
@childoffang - 10 Renown points (Now Level 2 and another Treasure Card!)
Luke Grant - 3 Renown Points (Don't know your TGA handle)
@Ollie Grimwood - 16 Renown Points 

Just 18 days left now and the final part of the campaign. Who shall be victorious?

For the last 18 days, something a bit different as a bonus objective. For each day you post something, be it a painted warscroll, a battle report or short story, you will earn 2 Bonus Renown points. So post a unit on Wednesday, you'll get 3 Renown in total, post another on Thursday and you get the same. Post 2 units on Wednesday though and you'll only get 4 in total. (1 for each unit painted and 2 bonus points.)

So it really does help to spread your Painting, Stories and Battles out. 

Looking forward to seeing your end results! 

(PS, post a final Short story and photo of everything you painted in this campaign on the 17th to earn an extra 10 Renown!) 

1 hour ago, Paul G said:

Don't think you gave me those January bonus painting points there @HobbyHammer ;) 

Is the 17th the final day of the campaign? If so, I should probably fasttrack Drycha to get her done by then!

Opps, ill update, which means you get another Treasure card too! Puts you on 21 points! Yep final day of campaign is 17th Feb! 

Archived