Events UK: Tomorrow Burns - Weymouth 25-26th March 2017 - Round One Draw + FAQ etc

Chris Tomlin

Well boys and girls, tonight is the big night!!

I'm finally able to get into the venue to measure up and work out just how many of you eager beavers I am going to be able to accommodate. With 20(!!) of you on the reserve list, including Big Dogger Diese, I'm keen to expand capacity and get plenty of you in.

I am a little concerned that increased numbers may compromise the atmosphere at my previous events, but lets see what happens. I'd still be very keen to keep people together on the Saturday evening as much as possible. But yeh, I won't know until I try and to be honest the reserve list is full of sweet people.

I do apologise that it has taken so long to finalise this which has resulted in people not being able to arrange travel and accommodation in a timely fashion. I expected the event to be popular, but never did I imagine this!

I did want to clarify that this is NOT a SCGT warm up event. It's never been billed as one, but due to its proximity to the big one and the fact New Dawn last year was a practice event, I thought that was worth noting. There will be a full pack available early February and if anyone doesn't like it they will be entitled to a refund (shortly afterwards, paid refunds will be closed - except for reserve list ofc) - Spoiler;

Spoiler

You will all like it. It's Warhammer, you're all nerds.

If you do want a SCGT warm up, both the Warchiefs and the London lads are putting something on so check them out. It's a busy time in the calendar, but that's only a good thing. Seems to be plenty of players going around for them all as well.

But, yeh, check back tomorrow...let's see if I can't burn that reserve list! (geddit?! :D)

Chris

• Like 6

Morning,

So yeh, you will have seen by now, Tomorrow Burns is now a 56 player event!! All original reserves are now in the main entrants list and we have a couple of new reserves. Need to get payment from you both please @Portz and Carl (is he on here? @Sangfroid), follow payment details from original post. I will now also close the reserve list, though if someone is super keen, then drop me a message.

As I said the full PDF will be out when I return from the US. I have extended the date for refunds until 10/02/17 - please note that after this time, drop outs will not be refunded I'm afraid. I know this may be relevant to @Lhw

Thanks to @Paul Buckler for visiting the hall with me last night. I think 56 players will fit in there very comfortably. It's great to be able to accommodate everyone, although it is not without some reservation due to the great atmosphere at my previous events. However, it's a top crowd of players we have and I have no doubt everyone will attend in the right spirits and have an awesome time.

Anyway, thanks for all your support and watch this space!

Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 3

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Sangfroid said:

Paul Buckler has just challenged me to a grudge consider it accepted @Chris Tomlin

Cool. That's a couple of sweet bros. Talking of which I know @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) and @Total Fanboy have also grudged.

Will get all that kind of stuff updated later. If anyone else has any grudges, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all,

I will be getting a PDF up with scoring, timings and any other pertinent info in the next week or so. Suffice to say though this will be pretty standard; 5 games, GH battleplans, 2,000pt fixed lists (to be submitted on the day). Maybe some small soft scores etc.

Remember the last day for refunds on drop outs is this Friday, 10/02/17. So if you're still on the fence, please try to decide beforehand.

Carl Smith, you are now on the main list due to a drop out.

I think there may be a couple of stragglers who were previously at the bottom of the reserve list who are now in the event and haven't paid. I will be chasing payment later. Sedge and Craig, I'm happy for you to sit there without payment until there is a place for you at this stage.

It's not too far away now!

• Like 1

Re: Compendium and GH2 news today

There's clearly some changes afoot at GW with the GH2 and perhaps the way compendium will be dealt with going forward (tbh it doesn't look to be panning out as I expected!). I've been going back and forwards in my head over how to handle this at Tomorrow Burns for the last couple of hours and have settled on just leaving everything as it is! So to clarify;

• No new experimental points costs will be used at Tomorrow Burns, this will be played as per the current General's Handbook and Forgeworld points.
  • The General's Handbook Compendium Matched Play Profiles (pages 146-152) will still not be allowed at Tomorrow Burns.

I think that covers everything and is probably the right choice for the event 7 weeks out, although I'll admit a level of uncertainty over it all. Anyway, watch this space for further info including tournament pack PDF, food, bowling etc in the next week or so.

@Forestreveries - come on man, who in their right mind organises multiple grudges? :ph34r: 

Actually I will have to update the first post with grudges as well. If anyone can repost theirs in here just to make it easy for (lazy) me, that'd be great! :P 

Chris

• Like 2

Re: Compendium and GH2 news today
There's clearly some changes afoot at GW with the GH2 and perhaps the way compendium will be dealt with going forward (tbh it doesn't look to be panning out as I expected!). I've been going back and forwards in my head over how to handle this at Tomorrow Burns for the last couple of hours and have settled on just leaving everything as it is! So to clarify;
  • No new experimental points costs will be used at Tomorrow Burns, this will be played as per the current General's Handbook and Forgeworld points.
  • The General's Handbook Compendium Matched Play Profiles (pages 146-152) will still not be allowed at Tomorrow Burns.
I think that covers everything and is probably the right choice for the event 7 weeks out, although I'll admit a level of uncertainty over it all. Anyway, watch this space for further info including tournament pack PDF, food, bowling etc in the next week or so.
[mention=690]Forestreveries[/mention] - come on man, who in their right mind organises multiple grudges? [emoji185] 
Actually I will have to update the first post with grudges as well. If anyone can repost theirs in here just to make it easy for (lazy) me, that'd be great! [emoji14] 
Chris

Oops!

Maybe multiple people should stop beating me then! [emoji35]

Sorry@Donal [emoji56]

Totes forgot that grudge all the way from last year!

Sent from the Hidden Enclaves via the Realmroots
  • Like 1

I can take the hint though ... understand if [mention=37]Terry Pike[/mention] is a more appealing prospect than me [emoji5]

Tom just asked me for a rematch from Rain of Stars as well.

So how about you grudge terry for the right to grudge me next time and I'll just play tom? [emoji56]

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forestreveries said:

Tom just asked me for a rematch from Rain of Stars as well.

So how about you grudge terry for the right to grudge me next time and I'll just play tom? emoji56.png

AHAHAHAHAHA that is hilarious. #aarontoopopular

not sure i'm as appealing a prospect for @Terry Pike

Ok,

So trying to find all the grudges. I have 3 issued and accepted so far;

GRUDGES

1. Aaron Bailey vs Donal Taylor
  2. Karl Breakspear vs Andy Talbot
  3. Paul Buckler vs Kieran Harper

We also have Gary Hennessey having accepted a grudge from Chris Lewis, but then also grudging Martin Morrin! See, it's not that easy is it!!! ;). @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) please confirm.

Finally, Rob Ellis has grudged Russ Veal, but we are yet to have a response from the Master. @Russ Veal

Let me know if I've missed anything.

Edited by Chris Tomlin