Events UK: Tomorrow Burns - Weymouth 25-26th March 2017 - Round One Draw + FAQ etc

Chris Tomlin

That's a shame! Didn't get a chance to chat at Rain of Stars so would've been cool. Boo!
We do keep missing each other. Would be good to learn some more about the Sylvaneth. You coming to London's Calling? Firestorm Fours 2017? Otherwise interested in games on a Wednesday in London (maybe a weekend if we plan it and I fix my battleboard to stop #tipgate)?

Could be up for Firestorm if the TBS and DD boys are heading down for it. Not paying £100 for trains for any more events tho haha

Sent from the Hidden Enclaves via the Realmroots

We are not. We have prioritised Partners in Chaos. I think as a group we might be done with mixed events.

Ah right I have no idea when these events are, if it's close to PiC then I'm out too.

Think we could get team events going again perhaps under the Doggers brand if not TBS

Sent from the Hidden Enclaves via the Realmroots

• 3 weeks later...

Morning guys, first post of 2017!

Hope you all had a great holiday period and are enjoying the return to monotony! Yey! :S 

So some of you will have seen that I posted on Twitter last night to advise that the General's Handbook Compendium Warscrolls will not be allowed at Tomorrow Burns.

Whilst this seems a hot (burning?) topic on Twitter and elsewhere on these forums at the moment, I have not seen any comment or backlash from anyone actually at my event (gotta love the internet!). If anyone who has paid up for a ticket is disappointed by the decision and would like a refund, that is perfectly acceptable of course. However, what I would rather is that you keep your ticket and try to come along with a different army (contact me and I can look to set you up with a borrowed army perhaps). I am confident that you will thoroughly enjoy the event regardless!

I don't really feel the need to justify the decision (as others on this forum elsewhere seem to be demanding!), I just feel it's time we moved on with the game and embraced the now. There seems to be countless posts of people bemoaning the loss of their beloved armies that they care so much about...I must've forgotten the times all these Tomb King lovers were playing them back in WFB!  9_9

This really isn't a big deal as there will be events that allow compendium and others that don't. I used a compendium model in my army throughout 2016, dropping it when Tournaments didn't allow it (yes; banning compendium is not a new thing!) and taking something different.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that going forward Games Workshop will cease to support rules for models they no longer produce. I am of the opinion that the Compendium section of the General's Handbook will be dropped out in the future (just my personal opinion, not based on any fact) and am happy to just start moving with the times. Though I appreciate this outlook will not be for all and of course TO's remain free to run their Tournaments the way they want, it's then down to you (and indeed me) to pick and choose the events we wish to attend.

To confirm, I am referring to the General's Handbook Compendium Matched Play Profiles (pages 146-152)

Everything will be finalised in a PDF at the beginning of February once I am back from America.

I honestly do not anticipate this effecting the Tomorrow Burns entrants list whatsoever.

Also, I have good news regarding attendance in that I have secured extra tables. I just need to get in to the venue over the next couple of weeks to measure up. Again, final capacity will be confirmed in the aforementioned PDF.

Cheers, Chris

• Like 8

@Chris TomlinAre you sure you don't fancy slipping Sayl into that Compendium list?  :D

Whilst I would still like to see real fantasy stuff like TK and warhawk riders in AoS, I'm a big supporter of TO's running the event they want to and determining their own 'comp'.  Having seen the success of your previous events, I'm sure that TB will be awesome!  As you say, there will be other events out there that will have other forms of comp such as allowing Compendium warscrolls so there are options for everyone!!  I recommend that everyone tries all sorts of different events throughout the year!

Really looking forward to TB and hopefully no one will bring Sayl...

Jimbo

• Like 1

Just now, Terry Pike said:

Don't worry he's putting it all in direct messages now lol

You lucky thing! I had all that from @Thornshield last night.

As stated above, for the purpose of Tomorrow Burns (which is what this thread is about after all), the term "compendium" refers to the Compendium Matched Play Profiles on pages 146-152 of the General's Handbook (hint; it's the bit marked Compendium ;)).