Events UK: Tomorrow Burns - Weymouth 25-26th March 2017 - Round One Draw + FAQ etc

Chris Tomlin

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, Karl said:

Can I grudge Andy Talbot?

Grudges are allowed, so let's see if @Andy Talbot fancies this?

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:30 AM, HobbyHammer said:

I forgot until today, that tickets went on sale Friday eve! Poo. Well done in the sell out though Chris! Gonna be wicked Event. 

Ah bad times man! You'll have to keep your eyes out for my next event later in the year. Would love to have you down!

17 hours ago, Karl said:

Is there an ideal hotel that's situated close to evening activities and the venue?

Nothing round the corner or anything as the venue is situated probably a 5-10 min car journey from town. You're better off getting a hotel in town I'd say. There is the Rembrandt (think it's a Best Western nowadays) or the Premier Inn (Weymouth Seafront). There is another Premier Inn which is nearer to the venue, but a little further away from town, it's in the middle of both so potentially an option if you don't mind taxis etc.

Other than that there are about 342356978 guest houses, B&B's and independent hotels etc right on the Esplanade in town. So plenty of options to suit a variety of budgets/needs. If you just google search it you'll get plenty of options.

Personally I always try to book a Premier Inn or Travelodge when I go to events as you know what you're getting, you're not gonna have any bother etc, whereas you never know with the others! I'd say @Paddy O'Sullivan has probably booked as many B&B's for Weymouth events as anyone, so he may be able to shed some light.

14 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Noooo, this is what happens when you drive to Cardiff on a Friday night to run a 40k tournament and only remember about a ticket Saturday morning. Will happily wait to see if anything opens up, amazed how much tournament interest there is!

You and me both mate...it's crazy! As I say above, I genuinely believe it's worth waiting on the reserve list as spaces will open up (Unfortunately one guy needs refunding already - just need to confirm so I send it back to the right person!) and I will be arranging a time to get into the venue and see about maximising space (without compromising comfort or the feel of the event). Sourcing extra boards/tables is also something I'm already looking at.

I have also received a message querying how someone could be on the reserve list given the time they sent their payment. I appreciate it will be disappointing for some people to not be on the list but as I've said, with the inevitable drop outs etc I am confident of accommodating pretty much the entire reserve list as it stands. That's not really the point being questioned though I guess and to that I will say I'm not overly keen on DM's that perhaps question my integrity in ticket allocation - have a look at the reserve list; there is a number of people I would consider good friends on the scene languishing there!!

On top of this there is my offer regarding first dibs on the tickets for the next event for people who don't make this, so I think I have been more than fair. This is all I will say on the matter for now, but will be sure to include a caveat next time so there is no confusion around time stamps or entitlement to tickets etc (not something that's happened before).

Thanks again for the crazy support!

Chris x

ACCOMMODATION - WEYMOUTH

Main problem is distance between venue and town centre (1 1/2 hour walk or 5-10 minutes in the car.) Premier inn is always a safe bet and 5 minutes from venue in a car, but a taxi ride is needed home from town on saturday night.

Best Western - Hotel Rembrandt, nice hotel, loads of parking, swimming pool, 30 minute walk from town centre.

Weymouth is full of B&Bs. Seafront hotels and B&Bs very often have no parking so beware of that I've been caught by that.

A B&B is a B&B some are good some are bad so I'm afraid its pot luck as to what you get. Would be interested to to hear if anyone has one they would reccomend.

• Like 2

For New Dawn we splashed out (pun intended) for the Best Western and it was a fantastic idea, little jacuzzi after a day rolling dice was perfect.

Most of the guys from Cheltenham/Gloucestershire way have already booked the Rembrandt, so you wouldn't be alone for taxis/walk to town if anyone wanted to tag in there, just give one of us a buzz or find us in the bar or pool!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Liam Cook said:

For New Dawn we splashed out (pun intended) for the Best Western and it was a fantastic idea, little jacuzzi after a day rolling dice was perfect.

Most of the guys from Cheltenham/Gloucestershire way have already booked the Rembrandt, so you wouldn't be alone for taxis/walk to town if anyone wanted to tag in there, just give one of us a buzz or find us in the bar or pool!

I think this sounds like a plan. How many are there from Cheltenham/Gloucestershire? I'm from Cirencester 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:32 PM, ircarse said:

Proper, proper excited for this - any idea on scenery needed to bring along? Will spend Christmas hols trying to paint some terrain - in the two weeks I have, might manage half a leaf? Cheers :)

Yeh you will all need terrain - 5 pieces each, painted. You can move them from table to table with your army if you wish and if you have a 6x4 game mat that goes nicely with your army, please feel free to bring that as well to play on (just check with your opponents before each game to make sure they don't mind).

Ok so grudges...as ever they are of course encouraged at my events, the seem to help to get the party started early. I'm also happy for people on the entrants lists to issue and accept grudges, then once I've confirmed the number of entrants we'll actually be able to fit* we can make amendments if required. I'll update the main post shortly, but for now we have;

@Karl vs @Andy Talbot

@Forestreveries vs @Donal

And I'm sure there is at least one more that someone told me about at Age of Santa...

@Binx vs @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) perhaps?

Chris

*It looks like I may not be able to get access into the hall to measure up until after Christmas. Also waiting on further advices around table/board numbers.

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 2

That's a shame! Didn't get a chance to chat at Rain of Stars so would've been cool. Boo!

We do keep missing each other. Would be good to learn some more about the Sylvaneth. You coming to London's Calling? Firestorm Fours 2017? Otherwise interested in games on a Wednesday in London (maybe a weekend if we plan it and I fix my battleboard to stop #tipgate)?