Firestorm Fours 2017 Team Event - Cardiff - 4/5 February 2017

Mo Ashraf

Firestorm Fours 2017: 04/02/16 - 05/02/16

Cardiff, AoS, 4 Man Team Event

Firestorm Games are proud to announce Firestorm Fours 2017. This will be a Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, 2 day, 4 man team tournament run at Firestorm Games in Cardiff. This event is run by Mohammad Ashraf.

Full details can be found in the Tournament Pack below:

Firestorm Fours 2017 Pack v1.0

BUYING A TICKET:

Tickets are priced at £140 per team. This is payable via PayPal.

Tickets will be priced at £140 per team (£35 per person) which is payable via PayPal. Tickets will go on sale at 20:00 on Wednesday 5th of October; the PayPal address to send payments to is usman_ashraf_100@hotmail.com

Please state Firestorm Fours in the description. Please do not send funds before 20:00 Wednesday 5th of October. There will be 16 team tickets available, so make sure to send money early to avoid disappointment as tickets can sell out fast.

DATES:

Firestorm Fours 2017 will be held on Saturday 04th February and Sunday 05th February 2017. The venue will be open on Friday the 3rd of February as well until around 22:00 if you want to play some pickup games.

AWARDS:

1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Best Teams

1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Best Army (Judge Voted)

1st Place Most Sporting Team

LIST SUBMISSION:

All CAPTAINS are required to send their whole teams army lists through to firestormwhfbevents@gmail.com no later than 23:59 Sunday January 15th

ADDITIONAL INFO:

No Soft Scores

Open Lists

Rankings event

Any issues or questions please let us know. Hopefully will see you guys there.

Regards

Mo

ENTRANTS LIST - FIRESTORM FOURS:

01. Brstol Big 'Uns - Waiting on Lists

02. EATBATS

03. Facehammer - Waiting on Lists

04. Handsome and the Boys

05. Marauders - Waiting on Lists

06. Only the Filthful

07. Team Andy Joyce

08. Team Chris Nielsen

09. Team Wales - Waiting on Lists

10. Weston Crew - Waiting on Lists

Not Paid:

DaiCasters

Teamy McTeamface

Teams looking for a MERC:

WWW (looking for 1 player)

This should be awesome. Last year was amazing.

Having a look at the Pack - kudos to Mo as so much of the General's Handbook reflects your work in the Clash Comp and Pool Document. Hand in hand with this though I do think that a great deal of the Clash Comp can now be culled - since it's duplicative of the General's Handbook or slightly inconsistent in a potentially confusing way. 

Here would be my suggestions:

Page 1

Delete:

• A natural roll of a 1 for a Wound, Hit or Save roll is always a fail. (Rule of One)
  • The whole section on Summoning (Keeping this would make already weak summoning slightly worse than it is under the GH).
  • The Scenery Warscrolls will not be used.
  • Order Alliances may take 2 Sylvaneth Wyldwoods (each Warscroll contains 1 wood feature). These do not count as terrain for any scenario purposes and are set up after rolling for sides. They may be placed any distance from other pieces of terrain by the player. 
  • The Triumphs rule will not be used. (The Triumphs from the GH should be used - not the ones in the 4 Pages of Rules).

Page 2

Delete:

• All the Warscrolls in an army must come from the same Grand Alliance. So Order, Chaos, Death or Destruction. (Already part of Matched Play).
  • Each Warscroll has a minimum unit size as per the General’s Handbook. For each Point Cost selected you receive the minimum number of models from that Warscroll. For example Knight Errants are 200 Points. Their minimum unit size according to the General’s Handbook is 8. So to take 8 Knight Errants in your Total Army, it costs 200 Points. To take 9-16 Knight Errants will cost 400 Points. 17-24 will cost 600 Points etc. (Unnecessary?)
  • Named character Warscrolls such as Kairos, Karnak, Grimgor etc are unique and so only one of each may be taken in your total army. You may still take multiple different special characters though. (Already part of the GH).
  • *The limit on how many Hero Warscrolls you may deploy has been removed. You may deploy as many as you like within your pool allowance. You may only take a max of 3 of the same character choice. (Historical).
  • *You may only deploy up to 3 Warscrolls with the Warmachine Keyword. May have max 2 of the same war machine deployed. Gyrocopters and Gyrobombers do not count towards this cap. (Superseded by the Artillery cap in the GH, which is better as it captures things like Jezzails and Skull Cannons, which aren't war machines).
  • *No unit may be over 40 Wounds when deployed. They may not go over this limit during the game either by any means. 
  • The shot cap paragraphs. (As much as I think Bonesplitterz gunlines are undercosted and silly, I don't think this is the right solution. This also ends up punishing Night Goblin archers and rewarding Kurnoth Hunters and Judicators.)
  • *As long as they don’t break any comp limitations set in this pack (such as maximum of 3 Warmachines etc.), Special formations from the back of the Warscrolls Compendium will be allowed when creating your Deployed Force. You must pay the Pool Cost listed though for each formation to be able to use them in your Total Army of 2,500 Points and also in your Deployed Force. Make sure to inform your opponent you have created the formation when deploying. (Unnecessary given that formations are pointed in the GH).

Amend:

Each dropped unit will have its own points Pool Cost.

Page 3

The pile in illustration is still very useful and largely consistent with the GH.

Delete:

• *A unit may be affected by the same named Ability or Spell only once per turn. All Abilities, Special Rules or Spells with the same name can never stack with themselves. For example a unit may only benefit from 1 Mystic Shield at a time but may benefit from Mystic Shield and a different ability that grants +1 save. (Not needed due to the Rule of One - significantly debuffs Khorne Bloodbound otherwise).
  • *When removing casualties from a unit you must not break the units Coherency if at all possible. The Unit is not “Coherent” if a model is over 1” from any other friendly model in the same unit. (Not needed - just introduces an inconsistency with the FAQs - you can break coherency but then you have to reform if you move or pile in. If you cannot reform, then you cannot move).
  • *Any additional attacks generated from an attack may not generate additional attacks themselves. (Replaced by the Rule of One).

Page 5

Amend:

*The dice to see who takes the initiative at the start of each Battle Round may not be re-rolled or modified in any way unless specifically contemplated by the rule in question (e.g. Lords of the Lodge Battalion). (Throw the Fyreslayers a bone.)

Balance wise, having only units (not single models) able to score is going to kill monsters (and big heroes), who are already (a) maybe 10% more expensive than under SCGT; (b) unable to benefit from cover saves; and (c) subject to the Behemoth cap. Beastclaw Raiders need not bother attending the event. The way this rule is worded is also particularly harsh on Kurnoth Hunters, Dracoth Knights, Archai and Varanguard (the last 2 being overcosted to boot) as if they go down to one model, they cease to be scoring units. Perhaps you could say that a single model is worth 5 wounds worth of models for scoring purposes (so Archaon would count as 5, not 20).

Hi Mo,

EATBATS are thrilled to be joining you for another weekend of Awesomeness in Cardiff!

just to confirm the AOS team is as follows:

1) Dan Seymour 

2) James Warth

3) Paul Berridge (Team Captain)

4) Mark Mitzman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you please update the Entrants List with our new team name and the following:

Only the Filthful

1. Nicholas Ruesink-Brown (Captain)
  2. Craig Bowles
  3. Tom Lambert
  4. TBC

Payment was made on 7 October with note "Firestorm Fours - South London Legion". We're all really pumped for this one.

Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Sorry for lack of updates, been a bit busy with work.

Entrants now updated. 10 teams paid up with a few more interested but haven't paid yet. Potentially a few more spots available but is first come first served and since this is same time as T9A team event the tickets may go to there if they pay up quicker. After this will allow more teams in but in pairs if there is still space.

Let me know if any issues or mistakes on above list.

Mercs: If anyone wants to come but doesn't have a team then please let me know and will create a merc list of players that are available. Also if you have a team already entered but need a spare player let me know and I'll try and sort something out with spare player.

Currently team WWW are looking for 1 AoS player.

Any questions or issues then please free to ask. Will be keeping a closer eye on this thread going forward.

Regards
Mo

Happy New Year. Happy Tzaanuary!

Only the Filthful have had to replace @Bowlzee (life has intervened).

It has occurred to me that you're not listing all the players, so nothing to update in that regard.

Only the Filthful

1. Nicholas Ruesink-Brown (Captain)
  2. James Grant
  3. Tom Lambert
  4. Ben Raven @Thanatos Ares

Disciples of Tzeentch

Since it is Tzaaanuary and the Battletome is dropping mid-month, might it be an idea to give each team the option of putting in (say) one of their players as "Disciples of Tzeentch (list to be confirmed)" and giving them until the 23:59 on the Sunday after that Battletome drops to update with that one list? I appreciate that does increase the admin somewhat.

I for one am genuinely keen to play against the DoT.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Mo Ashraf

Just after a bit of clarification with the terrain rules:

TERRAIN There will be 10-12 pieces of terrain preset on each board. The Scenery Table will be used. The Scenery Warscrolls will not be used.

Does this mean that rules pertaining to items like the Balewind Vortex and the Sylvaneth Wyldwood aren't in effect?

Order Alliances may take 2 Sylvaneth Wyldwoods (each Warscroll contains 1 wood feature). These do not count as terrain for any scenario purposes and are set up after rolling for sides. They may be placed any distance from other pieces of terrain by the player.

Does this mean that a Sylvaneth Wyldwood only consists of 1 Citadel Wood? Rather than 1-3 as per the Sylvaneth Wyldwood Warscroll?

I'd email, but I figure it's worth highlighting for other attendees

Cheers!

Entrants updated. The new Tzeentch scrolls will not be in effect as too new. None of the new srolls will be used and the old scrolls will be in effect where there are changes.

Waiting on lists from few teams. Deadline is this Sunday night. Make sure to get them in.

01. Brstol Big 'Uns - Waiting on Lists

02. EATBATS

03. Facehammer - Waiting on Lists

04. Handsome and the Boys

05. Marauders - Waiting on Lists

06. Only the Filthful

07. Team Andy Joyce

08. Team Chris Nielsen

09. Team Wales - Waiting on Lists

10. Weston Crew - Waiting on Lists

These 10 teams look to be the final teams. So let me know if any issues or if missing any players from the team. I know Jack Armstrong is looking for a team.

Let me know if any issues or questions.

Regards

Mo

I missed the huge Sylvaneth neutering with this wyldwood bit.

Order Alliances may take 2 Sylvaneth Wyldwoods (each Warscroll contains 1 wood feature). These do not count as terrain for any scenario purposes and are set up after rolling for sides. They may be placed any distance from other pieces of terrain by the player.

So does this mean that more woods can't be summoned through the Sylvaneth spells and Sylvaneth are stuck with a 5" move? 

I missed the huge Sylvaneth neutering with this wyldwood bit.

So does this mean that more woods can't be summoned through the Sylvaneth spells and Sylvaneth are stuck with a 5" move? 

As I mentioned above this needs to be deleted as it doesn't take into account the last 6 months of rules changes. This really is a recipe for controversy. I'd suggest at least giving teams the option of an extra day to sort out one player from their team who would otherwise be stuck with an unusable Sylvaneth list (#OnlyTheFilthful doesn't have a Sylvaneth player any more - this is a coincidence). 

Is a Sylvaneth Allegiance Army even an Order Allegiance army - after it decides to elect for the Sylvaneth Allegiance pack - arguably not?

Also if this means that any Order army can freely deploy Wyldwoods - aka make holding pens and uncrossable walls for Stonelords, then that's going to be #Treegate 2.0 if a few people bring the wrong attitude. 

@Mo Ashraf thanks for clarifying pal!

@Nico ssh man! I'll likely lose every game I play but at least I don't have to paint anymore Wyldwoods ;)

Also, given the amount of terrain the pack requires for each table, it seems sensible to cap the amount of Wyldwoods and their constituent parts. 

If this cap was lifted, there'd have to be change in the amount of terrain on the board. 

...and I'd have to paint more Wyldwoods 

@Nico don't give away the secrets! ;) Slowing down the stonetusks and thunderhorns with trees is my plan to try to reduce the ridiculous number of 2+ attacks inflicting 6 mortal wounds every turn!!

That's old news to be fair. Yes - that's a completely legitimate strategy for Sylvaneth. It's less of a legitimate strategy for Warrior Brotherhood or pure Duardin to do. 

@Nico ssh man! I'll likely lose every game I play but at least I don't have to paint anymore Wyldwoods ;)

I feel that pain as i contemplate my pile of Sylvaneth, Ironjawz and DoT to assemble.

They aren't as bad as 36 metal tripose Nasty Skulkers (they love the chipping as much as the stabbin' - worth it for the fun at Blood & Glory and the pile of dead Stonehorns and Thundertusks they totted up).

Archived