Becoming a StormBro. Ben's Stormcast Blog

Ben

I'm taking first steps towards being reforged as a bona-fide StormBro.

I this thread I will post about the long and winding road to being a full paid up member of Stormderps Anonymous.  An elite club frequented by the coolest StormBro's.

I thought it was time that I started a new army and wanted it to be an Age of Sigmar force.  

The rules were - 

• No compendium models.
  • Must have a start collecting box
  • Must have a battle tome
  • Must have Allegiance abilities.  
  • I want to have an off the wall paint scheme.  

I didn't have to hit all these targets, but the more I could hit the higher the chance of me picking that army.  

I ended up choosing Stormcast Eternals as after the drive home from Facehammer GT @Ben Johnson and I came up with a way to paint an army very quickly, with a solid 'Theme' and it ticked all the boxes I wanted it to other than Allegiance abilities (that one is pretty restrictive) and I am happy with 4/5 from my list.

I went home and painted a model to test the concept.  It works, was quick to paint and is super striking.

The theme is a Stormhost on campaign in Chamon.  

I've not thought about lists yet but i'll start by painting 20 liberators to perfect the technique before painting the elites.  I have my eye on some unusual combos but i'll leave the list theory for later 

stormbro.jpg

They look grand, loving the glowing eyes and unique thematic look.

Little bit on the cheeky side to suggest given you've probably already got tonnes of minis assembled and they won't go on the starter minis or characters without a lot of hacking, but had you considered using one of the awesome Stormcast chapter upgrade blisters? I've yet to see anyone do a force with them and they look like a quick, easy and relatively cheap way of making a Stormhost stand out from the crowd.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Knights-Excelsior-Upgrades

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Celestial-Warbringers-Upgrades

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Tempest-Lords-Upgrades

Spoiler

Celestial Warbringers Upgrades

99070218006_KnightsExcelsiorUpgrades03.j

99070218010_StormcastTempestUpgrades05.j

Each pack will do a unit of Liberators/Judicators, Paladins and Prosecutors, so they're a bargain at £7 a pop. I've got two boxes of Tempest Lord ones at home I'm never gonna get round to using that you're welcome to have if you want them, though the Celestial Warbringers and Knights Excelsior are much nicer designs!

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Deathwing!

I was thinking more Death Guard, definitely evil looking. 

I love the blue eyes and the corrosion, especially on the base.  The weapon grip probably needs to be black or red or something to contrast, but overall he looks great.

Thanks for all the comments guys! 

Ive painted another unit already and already added some of the details mentioned. 

I have some plans for battalions but nothing firm yet. I'll start with 10 guys of each infantry type

On October 3, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Malakithe said:

They would look good with a head swap. I was actually looking into Horus Heresy legion heads to swap with...once I actually nail down a 2k list

Check out the Puppetswar heads too. Tons of different varieties - you could have each unit of Liberators (which seem to mighty prevalent) as groups of heroes from different realms.

• 3 months later...

Its been a longtime since i updated this thread!  

I took out 3rd place at Heat 3 with my Warrior Brotherhood.  

Next up is writing some background.  

The general idea is

• Lost during the realm gate wars
  • fighting in the realm of Chamon
  • Tzeentch is meddling

I need a Stormhost/ Chamber name first and some general background suggestions too.  

It would also be cool to name my characters.  

and have a reason why they are all in that warrior chamber.  

I'm open to suggestions.  

IMG_5819-Edit-Edit.png

Once known as the Viridian Brotherhood, resplendent in their pristine white & green armour, these Stormcast were hurled into Chamon at the beginning of the Realmgate Wars to free the Ironmarsh from the grips of Chaos.

Unfortunately they were beset by the treachery of Tzeentch and trapped in a time vortex that meant they fought for an eternity before the Celestant Prime intervened and shattered the spell. 

What emerged were the Rusted Automatons, shadows of their former glory but with martial skills finely honed from the endless battle.

Known, reverently, as Sigmar's Salad-bearers, this great stormhost was given a monumental task as the other hosts were unleashed. 

Sigmar had long sought a special dressing for his crispy leaves, one that he enjoyed so much that he would lick it from his beard whiskers after his green bounty.

He had not tasted it since the age of myth but whispers from a condiments Aelf from far Aqshy led him to launch Sigmar's Salad-bearers into Chamon.

Not all is as it seems however. Tzeentch is up to mischief and rumour has it the dressing may not be a true sauce at all...

This is the next list i'm thinking about fielding.  

Knight Azyros (100)
- General - Recklesss - Relic Blade
Knight Azyros (100)
- Relic Blade
10 x Judicators (320)
Skybolt Bows - 2 Shockbolt Bows
10 x Judicators (320)
- 2 Skybolt Bows- 2 Shockbolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers - Grandhammer
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers- Grandhammer
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblades - Grandblade
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2 Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2 Starsoul Maces
12 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (320)
- 4 Tridents
Warrior Brotherhood (140)

Total: 2000/2000

It has a fair amount less Palidins but the shooting should more than make up for it.  With the knight-Azyros I will Re-rolling 1's to hit and Re-rolling 1's to wound due to the Warrior Brotherhood ability.  

Archived