WiP Wednesdays

Ben

I'm a day late, but I've begun the detail on him - teef/horn/bone is done, red and silver parts are basecoated. Still need to get the brass/bronze buckles done, then will finish it all up with the edge highlighting in runefang on all the metal. Also it's a rubbish phone picture whilst I'm at my paint station.

Body detail WiP.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I have nothing to show this week - I've started painting my second batch of slave fighters but work, etc. has been too hectic to make much headway.

I'm also taking a brief tangent into a character for my local FLGS' Silver Tower campaign.  I've just about finalized plans for my Dwarf steam-paladin/automaton (count-as Wight King), so maybe you'll have that to look forward to next week!

Soulsmith the ever-late, here again on a Thursday to bring you the finished main body of my FW orruk banner bearer! The amount of detail on this made it take a staggeringly long time, has to have been about 15 hours. All the parts are so clearly defined, cloth, armour, skin, no simple bits at all!

DSC_6684_Small.jpg

DSC_6690_Small.jpg

DSC_6691_Small.jpg

DSC_6692_Small.jpg

DSC_6693_Small.jpg

Edited by Soulsmith
  • Like 3

My WIP is also Silver Tower. Trying to get the whole set painted for a local board gaming event in July. Here's one of the nearly-finished models. The rest of the denizens are in various stages of finishedness, from the Ogroid Thaumaturge that just needs based, to the Tzaangors which are barely started and intimidating the hell out of me. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Here you go. 

Forced myself to use brush only, not counting gold basecoat,  and results on ribbons are just poor. Couldnt blend enough because of runes and all glazes just stay there. 7hrs and I was in the middle of nowhere. Then decided to use airbrush and everything took me 30 min including masking. 

My plan was to use some bounced light effect so you can see greens because of grass on the base. Mixed drop of green to some amount of Elfic Flesh which is also base for ribbons and shoulderpads.

Finally jet pack. Very happy with glow effect and vibrancy of orange but now underpainting for metalic that destroyed what I did...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here once again is my slow contribution! Couldn't get any progress done at the weekend as I went to see some pro counter strike, but otherwise the main body is finished, so it's time for the staff, cloak and gubbinz! The bottom of the staff would be hard to paint attached due to the robe, so I am doing that then gluing it on to finish painting the head of it. Also the sword needs some more blending work.

Assembly side.jpg

Assembly front.jpg

Well, perhaps this week we should start out with the painted stuff. 

A Runepriest for Aos/Silver Tower

large.IMG_2792.jpg

Now...I have a sea of grey. I've been away from my painting table a lot, so I've been building...and building...and building...

Ironjawz, still have 15 Ardboyz and a Weirdnob that didn't make the shot

large.IMG_2794.jpg

Warhammer Quest Silver tower

large.IMG_2801.jpg

Some High Elves for my daughter

large.IMG_2802.jpg

• Like 1

My other half wanted to try Age of Sigmar with a Skaven army after playing a Grey Seer in WHQ and so I picked her up a Clan Pestilens box set

Of course, I'm a huge converter so couldn't leave those spare miniatures behind and have added the Grey Seer Skreetch and his loyal servant Gromph to her collection. Gromph is seen here grabbing a baby phoenix to help stoke the fires of Skreetch's enchanted brazier

tmp_28239-20160627_202810-1709706069.jpg

tmp_28239-20160630_082924-460236425.jpg

• Like 1

I took a brief break to work on some 40K event terrain, but I've since gotten back to Clann Lheabridf.  Including:

Xq4R1wpl.jpg

Fourteen more Urshearl slave fighters.

IdhqOHRl.jpg

Their Shearl slavemaster.

E8m9edal.jpg

And their catapult.

• Like 1