Ben

TGA Ultimate Guide to Bases in Age of Sigmar

138 posts in this topic

what do i put my doomwheel on?

I am not going to read the whole thread.

I put a lot of work into my bases in the past, and to find that eveything is on rounds is quite disheartenig

Can I keep my square bases, is there a way to modify them gently or is this a situation of I shelve my army and simply restart (very  much not desirable)

2 hours ago, Starscream said:

I am not going to read the whole thread.

I put a lot of work into my bases in the past, and to find that eveything is on rounds is quite disheartenig

Can I keep my square bases, is there a way to modify them gently or is this a situation of I shelve my army and simply restart (very  much not desirable)

It depends. If your models moved to larger bases, then you can snip off the bottom rim, and glue it to the top of the new base. Then you just need some extra flock. If they moved to smaller bases, that's much more of a problem.

I personally am not going to bother. Daemon infantry have already switched bases twice during AoS and are pictured on both sized bases in their respective battle tomes (DoT and BoK). Whats more is I am pretty sure this:

99120218023_StormcastLongstrikeRaptors01

shows that GW only packs models with bases that accommodate their poses. Additionally, you still see space marine armies at GTs with sqaure based bikes and 25mm marines. I don't think AoS should be less inclusive to legacy armies than 40K.

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

It depends. If your models moved to larger bases, then you can snip off the bottom rim, and glue it to the top of the new base. Then you just need some extra flock. If they moved to smaller bases, that's much more of a problem.

I personally am not going to bother. Daemon infantry have already switched bases twice during AoS and are pictured on both sized bases in their respective battle tomes (DoT and BoK). Whats more is I am pretty sure this:

99120218023_StormcastLongstrikeRaptors01

shows that GW only packs models with bases that accommodate their poses. Additionally, you still see space marine armies at GTs with sqaure based bikes and 25mm marines. I don't think AoS should be less inclusive to legacy armies than 40K.

Yeah I did consider the whole "snippy. I operate an orcs and gobbos army, with over 6k painted. number of th figures have semi sculpted bases which would be tedious or destructive to re-do.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Grimma

What would an exalted seeker chariot go on?

Seekers of Slaanesh on 60mm x 35mm?

or one size up?

8 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

What would an exalted seeker chariot go on?

I took the large oval base from the original box, I'm not at home, but according to the chart in post one, it should 120mm x 92. it would be good, if another person can confirm this.

I was just looking on the main GW site to see what base sizes things should be for rebasing a unit of Ungors and a unit of Chaos warriors

The Ungors are still shipped/listed w/ 20mm squares so I assume 25mm rounds would be ok for them.

It listed the CW's w/ 32mm rounds, are we sure they have not already went to 40's?  The Stormcasts come w/ big ones in the main box and are not that much bigger/more powerful than CW's.  I don't want to rebase them incorrectly.

Also noticed what someone else posted above, that unit has different base sizes within it which seems odd.  I understand one is just standing with his rifle instead of crouching and bracing but it makes base size seem arbitrary to say the least.  Also the main box set has different base sizes for the Lord of Khorne and the Korgoraths than anything else I have seen.  Is there really a standardized base size at all at this point?

1 person likes this

I don't think base sizes are hugely important unless people start using them to their advantage. The spreadsheet is very useful to find the best way to rebase old models, whether official sizes or best fits. A few updates:

Chaos Knights are now sold with 75x42mm ovals.

The Lord of Change and Kairos are now on 100mm rounds.

The STD Daemon Prince comes with a 60mm round.

Tamurkhan is 160 round.

... A few updates:
Chaos Knights are now sold with 75x42mm ovals.

And annoyingly enough they don't have Shattered Dominion bases in that specific size... (or in 50mm round base sizes)

Can anyone tell me which base I should use for snotlings and how many models i should put on it?
And which base do I put Skarsnik and his Gobbla on?
Thanks in advance! :)

Can anyone tell me which base I should use for snotlings and how many models i should put on it?
And which base do I put Skarsnik and his Gobbla on?
Thanks in advance!

Skarsnik & Gobbla - 60mm Round

Snotling Swarm - 50 mm Round (around 5-7 is more than reasonable, though I've seen them with as few as 3-4. if you're doing fewer models put in scenery bits to fill up the space as a scenic base.)
1 person likes this