Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
Ben

The Warlords Event Report – ep 150

11 posts in this topic

Ben    1,424

The Warlords Event Report – Episode 150 The Warlords is the first matched play event from games workshop.  In this episode we talk about our experiences at Warhammer Worlds for the event. Questions? If you have any questions at all

The post The Warlords Event Report – ep 150 appeared first on The Bad Dice Podcast.

View the full article

thediceabide    180

Did I hear correctly that one of you weren't allowed to use your converted knights because you changed their lances to axes?! I've been spending a month converting my Frostlord and about to start my Megaboss (to use Gordrakk's rules, but wasn't going to use his axes), if converting is deemed illegal that's seriously going to have an affect on me, as I put a lot of time into converting most of my models...

Edited by thediceabide

Bowlzee    409

From what I've learnt about the Warlords event, if you asked in advanced if you could take it they would say no. If you just turned up and used it, no one seemed to care. 

If you expect to be on the top table and on the Twitch feed, then you may want to rethink taking something like it.

Nico    1,951

Or they might ask you to convert it to make it more obvious what it is. They weren't completely rigid.

• Like 1

Ollie Grimwood    702

There was definitely a Glotkin with no riders that was allowed as a Great Unclean One (and it looked ace). I used marauders with double handed weapons as Bloodreaers with Meatripper axes (suitably bloodied up with a hornblower). I think they were OK as long things couldn't be confused for something else. 

Very enjoyable episode with a nice bit of discussion. The varying opinions of the presenters made for an interesting listen. 

Edited by Ollie Grimwood
  • Like 2

thediceabide    180
3 hours ago, Nico said:

Or they might ask you to convert it to make it more obvious what it is. They weren't completely rigid.

Yeah that's really concerning. I'm going to be putting a ton of time into my version of Gordrakk, it's going to look nothing like him, that's the point, haha.

Arkiham    1,229

Just started following. Sounds good so far. Are older casts worth listening to or are they are bit irrelevant?

Ben    1,424

Listen to them all :)

I would say that eh!  

I'd suggest checking out the show notes via the baddice website and deciding if it sounds relevant.  Anything AoS related is probably still good.  older episodes will depend on the content. A new release review from 2010 might not be a good starting point :)

My tip tips would be the community building episode.  SCGT 2016 review and the generals handbook episodes.  

Arkiham    1,229

Ha!

I went on the website and I've only been able to see a few episodes with a description, I've no idea where to look for the whole list of episodes. 

Mainly after chaos stuff. 

Ollie Grimwood    702

All the AoS ones are relevant (I've not listened further back), the SCGT review with Da Champ was particularly memorable, I laughed out loud. 

Edited by Ollie Grimwood