Site Logo

Ben

Can anyone help out with the site logo.

I've attached to this post my logo that I have knocked up on my iPad.  

It needs a bit of tweeking.  I also attached some notes on it.  

and the PSD files that I have so far.  

I can sort this, but it literally takes me all night to do what it takes a skilled person 5 mins! 

I need it initially in white on a transparent background. But i'll be changing the colour depending on how its used.  

I need the image as a vector file the that can shrink up and down easily (and size image, Dice, Shirts, flapping from the back of a gyrocopter....)

I could also do with the PSD files too.  

Thanks!  

TGA Logo sample.png

IMG_1626.jpg

TGA Logo 60x60.png

TGA Logo sample.psd

ttt.psd

logo pdf.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

For this kind of logo, you should probably go with vector graphics software instead of bitmap graphics one :)

I'm not any good at it, but after a few hours of getting to know it, I had good expierience with Inkscape - it's free, and for simple designs like this it should be perfect. It allows for export into most of the common bitmap formats, as well as svg.

If you don't get around to doing it by then, I'll probably have an hour spare over the weekend - I'll send you a message if I do.

Hi, 

I've had a few different guys say they can do this but noone has come back with a finished item yet.

If I can get a vector drawing of the logo with the amendments that I listed in my above post that would be fantastic!

I'm not sure if I can be a help here... I'm not an artist or expert, but I know maths and Scalable Vector Graphics (it's what powers my combat calculators). Here's a quick and dirty reconstruction of the image in SVG. It's web based technology so it should import in a webpage with relative ease. You can style it with CSS.. so the webmaster could have some fun with it. 

Let know what needs to be improved on it and I'll try to improve it tonight. I put the formulas to calculate this image in a spreadsheet, so radius, line thickness and angles can be changed to heart's content.

PS: it's white.. so you'll need a non-white background to see it. I added a black version just so it shows on the screen ;)

PPS: check the file size. That's the magic of vectors for ya. Less than 1Kb and it could be printed on a poster the size of a football field without loss of resolution :)

tga_logo.svg

tga_logo_black.svg

Hi Ben 

Just seen this. 

I can do this for you if you want. I just tried opening the files. I can open the TGA logo Sample but not the ttt.psd file. Is there anyway you can send me the ttt one but in the same format as the sample one?

(Ignore that last bit, I have just managed to open it)

http://www.orderoftheathanor.eu/tga_logo.html
It now has all the adjustments you asked.

I took the liberty to make it a good rehearsal of my geometric functions. The script produces an SVG file with a single path, so it can easily be coloured and whatever. You can use the sliders to change the settings a little. The "code" box is something for you, so you can save the settings if you ever want to get back at this. The download link gives you a download of the file. 

Note: it has a transparent background and while fill colour. So, unless you have a coloured background, it will be hard to see. The page wrapped it a div with a dark background. 

In attachment, the SVG file and a converted PSD file.

logo.psd

logo.svg

Archived