Best use for 20 liberators

Somnicide

As the title suggests, I am curious how best to break up my 20 liberators (I actually have 22, so can run 2x10 without doubling up on primes) particularly at the 2000 and 2500 point levels. I have one unit of Judicators and will not likely be getting another any time soon, as none of my regular opponents has much in the way of shooting and I don't want to blow them off the board.

I haven't had a ton of luck with them in the past running them as 5 mans, I ran a 10 man and was surprised at what a difference in vitality it had, but it still didn't do a lot of damage (but that's not really the point with them as near as I can tell).

I am curious, first off are there any liberator fans out there, and second which of these options do you think is best:

A) 4x5 liberators

B) 1x10 and 2x5 liberators

C) 2x10 liberators

D) 1x10 and 1x5 liberators

Thanks!

5 hours ago, rokapoke said:

If you play 2500 points, don't you need four battleline units? You'd have to take the 4x5 for that. 

Otherwise, I agree with the 2x10 in general. Very resilient. 

Well I presume that Judicators will fill the required number.  I would go with 2*10 makes them resilient for grabbing objectives and holding ground, also with a bit of luck they can dish out some hurt with the big weapons.

Archived