The Arbaal's Iron Waaaaagh!

Arbaal

On 13/12/2016 at 0:55 AM, Soulsmith said:

If ever possible, please doa tutorial on the armour, it's the best metallic I have seen, the blending between shades is as good as NMM.

On 14/12/2016 at 8:40 AM, Kramer said:

Seconded! 

it wouldn't be easy to write a tutorial of my metallic method because is quite unconventional, but I'll try

first give a metallic base, and fix it with a wash (I used the army painter black quickshade)

then I added the shadows using many many smooth layers of a black and sepia drawing ink untill reack the pure black in the deepest shadows

after this you have to highlight the edges and the lightened parts of the armor (I did this with a very bright silver and a pearl metallic white.

finally to add some color I made a very tiny layer of brown ink (in the midtones) and a turquoise (in the deepest shadows)

On 14/12/2016 at 8:48 PM, Gorkamorka is scottish said:

Amazing work here mate, will be following with great interest.
You have used what could be my fave forge world models, the orc command set. What are they like size wise next to the new orruk range?

the size of the various orcs I used can be seen in the first post of this topic, in the group photo.

but they fit very very well

On 15/12/2016 at 10:47 AM, Dotification said:

these are prolly the finest Orcs I've seen--any tips??

thank you :)

give always much importance to the faces of the models!

On 17/12/2016 at 1:53 PM, Koula said:

Awesome orcs!  I too would be keen to see a tutorial. What colours did you use for the bases? (that blue/grey is great)

for the bases I only did a transition between two colors: Citadel "Incubi darkness" and Vallejo "Highlight French Tank Crew"

22 hours ago, alasdair said:

Simply stunning. Your combination of Orcs and Orruks from all across warhammer really make for a characterful collection, and your colours are fantastic.

eheh, thank you very much :) you will see a surprise when I'll show my ardboyz

15 hours ago, Arbaal said:

it wouldn't be easy to write a tutorial of my metallic method because is quite unconventional, but I'll try

first give a metallic base, and fix it with a wash (I used the army painter black quickshade)

then I added the shadows using many many smooth layers of a black and sepia drawing ink untill reack the pure black in the deepest shadows

after this you have to highlight the edges and the lightened parts of the armor (I did this with a very bright silver and a pearl metallic white.

finally to add some color I made a very tiny layer of brown ink (in the midtones) and a turquoise (in the deepest shadows)

I'm going to give it a go this week. Thanks for the explanation!

Jesus... I mean Gork... (Or possibly Mork...)

Such a beautiful paintjob!! And I think you've done a great interpretation of "mix(ing) together the "old-dark-middle-age-style" with the new "high-fantasy-ultracolored-age" style" you mentioned when you started.

Following so I don't miss anything!

• 3 weeks later...

Arbaal! If you are THE Arbaal that apeared on Border Princes - i am really happy to see you here! I was missing your posts lately and was worried that you took a brake or something. I based all my comeback skills on your tutorials 2 years ago! And you took da green path to the highest level!
ŚWIETNA ROBOTA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 4:16 PM, meet.the.doctor said:

Arbaal! If you are THE Arbaal that apeared on Border Princes - i am really happy to see you here! I was missing your posts lately and was worried that you took a brake or something. I based all my comeback skills on your tutorials 2 years ago! And you took da green path to the highest level!
ŚWIETNA ROBOTA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I'm not the same painter you have in mind

On 6/1/2017 at 5:28 PM, Durant said:

Can you tell me what parts did you used?

for the "new" Grimgor I used a right arm from the new orruk brutes kit, and two big self-sculpted theeth.

and so, another brute done! this time is an old black orc with a pair of ogre arms and two theeth on the helm

brutes06.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived