Transporting your army : Ironjawz Edition

Garxia

I know this question has been answered lot of times, but I need some other Megabosses opinions and ideas on this specific subject.

How and where do you transport your Ironjawz army? Luckily we have a relatively low count model army, but on the other hand we usually need to transport the Maw-Krusha and this cabbage is BIG and takes a lot of space.

I've seen some options:

- Foam cases: Battlefoam, KR cases... They look good, albeit a bit expensive, but they don't have an specific foam for the cabbage.

- Victory Army case (https://shop.army-case.com/product/acase-victory-miniatures-case/) : Looks great, but it's expensive and don't know if i could fit all my army. If they fit, its a great option, cause so compact.

- Handmade magnetized box: Cheapest option, but maybe the worst. Need to make it myself, look for components and worst look.

So how do you transport your boyz? Some exaples or pics would be great.

How tall is the Maw-Krusha? Have mine in the box unassembled and need to know his height to see where can I fit the cabbage.

Thanks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am totally done with figure cases... I haven't used one in two years. For me it is one of these with layers of bubblewrap:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000KN057K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You could go to the trouble of magnetising the bases and all that but seriously I would rather spend my time painting or playing than do that (the last army I magnetised was my old undead for 8th edition - I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than do that again).

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

This.

Really useful box. Magnets. Done.

I was going to do a guide at some point if people are interested?

This is definitely the way forward. cheap in comparison and can swap models over leaving what your not taking at home on the shelf. Magnets via Abel Magnets online is a good place to look.

1 hour ago, ChippyRick said:

This is definitely the way forward. cheap in comparison and can swap models over leaving what your not taking at home on the shelf. Magnets via Abel Magnets online is a good place to look.

What do you guys slap onto the bottom of the box to mag your units down? Steel? Mag surface?

I may be thought of as a terrible person, but I generally pile my miniatures into a big cardboard box (typically a spare GW tank box), and ensure that the box is completely full, either with miniatures or kitchen roll.

For larger miniatures, same idea, just a bigger box.

I've had more breakages with the GW foam cases, than I have had with this method, and given that the paint tends to flake away on it's own if not varnished, I don't think I'm getting any paint chips either.

This.

Really useful box. Magnets. Done.

I was going to do a guide at some point if people are interested?

I would definitely want to see a post on this please! Struggling to transport my army especially the cabbage and mangler squigs

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Garxia said:

How do you stick the magnets on your minis bases? Superglue? Any special glue?

depends what size you go for but with 2mm thick magnets you can add a small amount of green stuff to each. i chuck some super glue on and push it down onto a flat surface to align the magnet flat. 

I have used 3mm thick ones and they fit just with glue. sometimes they pop off though, so filing off the glued face helps a little with that.

depending on the weight of the models depends on how many you use, but i would recommend 4-5mm diameter magnets at a minimum unless they are tiny grots or something, maybe get away with 3mm diameter.

Hope that helps!

Archived