The Rage Quit Amnesty

SIGMAR

I went as far as putting models onto a precut Kings of War basing tray... then I actually stopped theory crafting and created Slobberknocker and the Tournament Play pack. All of a sudden, I have people talking to me asking to borrow the summoning pool and place it in other events, asking about opinions on rule changes, and the game became good fun and great times. 

• Like 1

I must confess traitorous sigmar that I, Lucifer of the firey realms did throw a hissy and leave the hobby when AoS was released...

I have atoned with my local plastic dealer and am busy building a chaos force as we speak... 

• Like 1

The thing that has had me closest to a ragequit was the SCGT concept of legacy scrolls/armies.  The two armies TK and Duardin that I rebased got large chunks of them ripped out by the grand alliance books so when they suggested that would invalidate my armies I got mighty miffed.  GW have of course stated that I'm welcome to keep playing with those but the vast majority of my games in any year are at events so it was a big thing to me.

Then GW announced points as 2000pts being a standard game which has got my grumble on again, I enjoyed the streamlined simplicity of a low number pool choice for army selection.

I enjoy the game but I'm not ovelry inspired to crack on with a third new army at the moment even though we now have all the grand alliance books so hopefully I shouldn't "lose" anything else in the near future.

But I have mostly been on a watching brief with AoS since it came out (despite rebasing 2 armies!) but this is more reflective of my flighty multisystem nature.

Told myself and my brother in-law that I wasn't going to rebase all my models to fit into the AoS theme. Little did I know that I'd be starting a whole new army and wouldn't need to rebase anything. Yep, I'm hooked.

Edited by Keggers
  • Like 2

I didn't rage quit.  Continue with playing Warhammer 7th ed, 8th ed and AOS with different groups (I hop around the groups trying to keep the flame alive in everyone).  I love AOS but I don't like Sigmar and his Stormcast golden boys.  Despite being part of the Order alliance (I play Aelves), I having been waging war against Sigmar and his stormcasts for nearly a year.

Edited by darkspear

I'm a long time Warhammer Fantasy Roleplayer and was really gutted about the demise of the Old World (and still mourning). I had just painted my first unit of Chaos knights when Age of Sigmar was released. The knights remain unharmed, but I sold off my entire chaos army still in shrinkwrap: more knights, warriors, Marauders, chariots, metal characters. About €250 worth of stuff, thinking I would never play Warhammer again.

But now, after watching a lot of great videos of people painting Stormcast, the new releases have made my hobby vibe return. As a result I have delved deep in the Age of Sigmar.. Starter box, knight Azyros, knight Vexilior and Dracoth cavalry are on the way!

• Like 3

I have played the game for approx 25 years. I remember back when zoats and fimir existed the first time and when ranks only needed 4 men. I will also admit to a full scale rage when AoS was released and all my toys were packed away. 

However The Silver Tower and the promise of points has brought me back. The changer of ways is fickle and this newest change has brought me back looking for glory

• Like 2

Took a few years break, and when I started up again, last year, I went to my paraents house to get all my old miniatures. Apperently my mom had given them all away to some co-workers kid. So I had to start over from scratch, which I really don't mind..

• 2 weeks later...

As a GM for whfrp, I was pretty upset that the setting was gone. Especially since the favouritism for the skaven was so incredibly blatant it ruined the narrative for me. But, in all fairness, the system is intriguing and I look forward to points being added, and I am really excited about making fluff for my greenskins with so much to play with :)

I never rage quit, but I gave up since it typically takes me about 2 months to find one other person to play, despite living in a mecca of tabletop stores. Somehow its easier to get a game of Infinity or Malifaux than AoS. I posted regularly on every tabletop sore page, on local forums. I promoted custom balance rules, I even started a facebook dedicated to the area, but still almost no one is interested. I finally started a weekly event in hopes that a regular time slot and cool action pics will start to draw people in. But there have been a few month spans where I gave up on sigmar and pledged my allegiance to my PS4 instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I rage quit about 10 years ago. I have tried to come back a few times, but didnt really like how GW was running things. Havent touched a Fantasy miniature since 6.ed.

When AOS was released, I was tempted, but found the game to simple. A lot has changed since and I find myself reading, painting and if all goes as planned, gaming in the Mortal Realms.

• Like 1

Hi,

Yup i rage quit. I did give it a go granted but in hindsight, the three games i had just weren't the right ones (pre-SCGT and Mo-Comp). 

SOld all 6 of my 8th ed armies which was a good thing as now i can come back in completely fresh with a brand new army (Chaos) that i'd never done before so i'm excited for the hobby side too! (Archaon OMG!)

Hoping to get the YouTube battle reports going again too

Adam

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Adasi said:

Hoping to get the YouTube battle reports going again too

Adam

Always enjoyed your vids, Adam. Look forward to seeing them return!

Oh Sigmar, forgive me. I stuck my Starter Box Stormcast on to squares............

Edited by The Nameless One

I rage quit a few years ago. I hadn't played fantasy in years. I took my award winning, fully painted, complete Forge World Death Guard army and split it up and sold it on eBay. I sold every model that I owned save my cockatrice and Dark Elf wizard from 5th because they were the first models I painted well. (I guess I had a few Skaven knocking around in a box of minis that I used for D&D purposes.)

After standing on the sidelines I have returned to play Age of Sigmar.

When The Old World was destroyed, I turned away from the face of Sigmar. I rage quit and packed up my Ogres, Vampire Counts, and Dwarves. The General's Handbook and global campaign made me take another look at AoS and renewed my interest. My models have been busted out and I'm ready for war.

• 2 weeks later...

Rage quitter here, all the reasons...changed the lore, didn't like the skirmish way of play and thought the rules were silly. Brought round by the tales of sigmar podcast hosted by a friend of mine. Now I'm frantically rebasing my orruks and trying to decide whether I can swing a mawcrusha which would be my first games workshop model purchase in around 2 years. 

• Like 1

I was lured not by Khorne but rather Slaansh!

After a few games of open play AoS I fell into the hands of another, and Froatgrave was her name. She was new, exciting, required less model, and reminded me of Dungeons & Dragons with Mordheim. 

A recent booty call with match play AoS has brought me back, however; I'll still be seeing Froatgrave at the same time.

• Like 1