Warhammer Quest: White Dwarf Content and Expansions

BrAiKo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Does anyone want to add a little summary of it here?

Everything added is specifically flagged for the GM.

The December Update (which is the minimum you really want to have, as it comes with the cards), Introduces new locations to expand Cinderfall with 'Bounties a.k.a. Mini-adventures' and with new locations for the adventurers visit in-between 'adventures' in Shadows Over Hammerhal.

The mini-adventures are themed, with options to use either the new Adversary cards and models that don't come with the base game, or have rules to use the models that are included in the game.

The Dec 2017 issue provides a number of cards for use in game; treasures, special items, some additional skills, and an additional achievement (aka. Level) card.

Jan 2018 and Feb 2018 bring in the additional maps along with their supporting rules.

New Mini-Adventures:

Spoiler

- Temple of Slaughter (Map included in Dec 2017) 

Spoiler

Khorne themed adventure. (Marauders + Khorne themed heroes with alternate rules for in-box minis as well)

- Verminlair (Jan 2018)

Spoiler

Skaven (alternately Kairic Acolytes and Nurgle Blightkings) themed adventure

- Darkhold Garrison (Feb 2018)

Spoiler

Chaos Warriors (Or Nurgle Blightkings) themed adventure

Dec 2017 issue adds Two new Locations to visit when coming back to town, and updates one already existing location that adventurers could visit in-between adventures.

Guild of Blades - Hire a mercenary for an adventure (a travel-along companion)

Spoiler

Freeguild General (dec 2017)

Gunmaster (dec 2017)

Battlemage (from app or cards)

Unforged (from app or cards)

Assassin (from app or cards)

'Conran's Contest of Considerable Challenge

Spoiler

Dice Rolling Challenge with in-game benefits

Updated Town Location

Spoiler

Red Yugol's Revelrie 

Spoiler

Adds additional game text If special artifacts have been gathered in the side adventures. 

Throws in a plot twist if appropriate conditions have been met by the adventurers

Spoiler

In the Feb 2018 issue this Links the 'Silver Tower' game into the Shadows Over Hammerhal game, with some additional 'rules' to handle the 'GM'

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the rules say 'White Dwarf' exclusive, but I wonder if we'll see a 'Death Adversary' deck with creatures from all the Death GA factions much like we have for Chaos. Also, iirc, it seems like the adversary model count is realistic this time out...

On 7/17/2018 at 9:02 AM, EMMachine said:

There are some new units.

Adversaries:  Spirit Torment, Chainrasps, Bladegheist Revenants
Heroes: Knight of Shrouds, Lord Executioner, Lord Exorcist, Knight-Incantor

Does all of this come in the soul wars box?

We already have AoS armies, so probably not getting the big Soul Wars box. However, I'm considering the smaller ~$35-40 box. It will provide a handful of new SCE for my son's army. Just a little for variety. But I'll simply use the nighthaunt from there as proxies with the WD WHQ rules.

20 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

My understanding is that there are adversaries in there as well. Is that correct? 

How about this post above?

On 7/20/2018 at 9:15 PM, Ravinsild said:

Is all of this stuff baked into the Warhammer Quest app? I mean /all/ the extended content. If not, can I still track down all these white dwarf magazines and such for these rules? 

Do you mean the Silvertower App? If yes, than no.

• 1 month later...

Indeed...that Briar Witch will make an excellent character to base an adventure around. If you also have the Guard from the first wave of Shadespire, you're well on your way to having a nice little scenario well stocked with undead. Maybe add the three Easy to Build Nighthaunt boxes (because they're so cheap) and you'll be good to go!

Archived