Let's Chat: Free Peoples

MrCharisma

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, someone2040 said:

None of the Bretonnians are Free Peoples anymore (they probably shouldn't have been in the first place, even though I think the free peoples keyword should really be Freeguild).

They lost them in the lastest compendium update to make Bretonnians a stand alone faction.

39 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

You can use the model as either a Freeguild General on Griffon, or the formerly King's rules under a Mixed Order army.

Yeah but he still has the general order keyword, no?

3 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

Correct.

You would be able to use the older model in a Mixed Order army, no other way. He can not be allied into a Freepeople force.

Wait... he can't be put int the alotted 400 ally points?

Just now, cxiv said:

Wait... he can't be put int the alotted 400 ally points?

No.

If you play Free People allegiance, we have specific armies that we can ally with under Matched Play. Check your Generals Handbook for more information on who we can ally.

If you want to use him as the formerly Louen Leoncoeur you must take him within a Mixed Order force, and you lose the Freepeople allegiance abilities, artefacts, etc.

Alternatively, you can use the mode to represent a Freeguild Generan on Griffon to keep you allegiance.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of you may have seen my posts about my planned Kroot/Freeguild conversion army. 

I’m now well underway into the planning stages and I’m at a loss as to what I should actually take in terms of warscrolls to build the army. What’s good and in what numbers? What should I avoid? 

My current plan was something like this: 

1 General on Griffin 

1 General on Foot

1 General on Mount  

1 Battlemage (Allied) 

10 Archers 

20 Handgunners 

20 Greatswords

3 Gryph Knights 

4 Gryphhounds (Allied) 

1 Hellblaster Volley Cannon (Allied)

That doesn’t bring me up to the full 2000 points but it’s a start.

what else should I get and what do you think of the current list? Please any help is appreciated :) 

4 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Some of you may have seen my posts about my planned Kroot/Freeguild conversion army. 

I’m now well underway into the planning stages and I’m at a loss as to what I should actually take in terms of warscrolls to build the army. What’s good and in what numbers? What should I avoid? 

My current plan was something like this: 

1 General on Griffin 

1 General on Foot

1 General on Mount  

1 Battlemage (Allied) 

10 Archers 

20 Handgunners 

20 Greatswords

3 Gryph Knights 

4 Gryphhounds (Allied) 

1 Hellblaster Volley Cannon (Allied)

That doesn’t bring me up to the full 2000 points but it’s a start.

what else should I get and what do you think of the current list? Please any help is appreciated :) 

You need Sword and Shield Guard. They tie up the enemy and protect your more valuable units. I would take them in 30-40 in numbers. Any foot soldier I would max their unit size since numbers increase their bonuses.  Keep your Greatswords in a unit of 20. That maximizes their attack since 25mm is slightly less than 1 inch. They dont gain bonuses with increased numbers. They make a great counter charge unit when using the Great Company.

Helblaster is good for 1000 pt games but the Rocket Battery is better for 2000 pt games. 36 in range is a must to out shoot your opponent. I have a list that takes 4/ 5 with Ordinator and it is boss.

Look at either a Hurricanum or Luminark. They complement the army and come with a free mage. 

You only need a General on foot or on Horse “ Little Sebation”. Foot is good for hiding to prevent being sniped. I prefer on “Little Sebation” because if he survives I can make minute minute runs for objectives.

You could probaby cut down on the Gryphhounds but could come in handy with the Alpha Strike and Deep Stike meta changes.

Two Generals on Griffon are boss!

Look at the Great Company rules they will help shape your army unless you are taking mixed order.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you guys running the city rules from Firestorm?  I may be completely wrong but it looks like  @MrCharisma and @Caffiends list fit perfectly with  Hallowheart and that just gives you +1 to unbind or an attempt at -1 if you don't have a wizard...seems like just a freebie.

I'm looking for a new army for a slow grow (500pts month 1, 250 per month after) and I'm thinking I may rekindle my love of the empire from 7th Ed

3 minutes ago, Lardidar said:

Any of you guys running the city rules from Firestorm?  I may be completely wrong but it looks like  @MrCharisma and @Caffiends list fit perfectly with  Hallowheart and that just gives you +1 to unbind or an attempt at -1 if you don't have a wizard...seems like just a freebie.

I'm looking for a new army for a slow grow (500pts month 1, 250 per month after) and I'm thinking I may rekindle my love of the empire from 7th Ed

I'm not personally, my list is based on the most optimal points well costed points I could think of, working optimally with the general 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/06/firestorm-matched-play-rules-update/

From what I understand if this, you can't run free people's rules and the great cities rules at the same time, as it only works with general order. Based on their dispossessed example anyway

@Caffiends Are you running your general on a horse?  It's a bit of extra move and attack. Also really dumb question but what are you armed with when carrying the banner? It seems to read that the banner is in place of a pistol/shield so sword, lance are the options but I have been wrong once already today :) 

13 minutes ago, Lardidar said:

@Caffiends Are you running your general on a horse?  It's a bit of extra move and attack. Also really dumb question but what are you armed with when carrying the banner? It seems to read that the banner is in place of a pistol/shield so sword, lance are the options but I have been wrong once already today :) 

Yeah I run it horse, no reason not to, you just Miss out on a bunch of movement and extra attacks. 

You could run it off horse to try it hide it from ranged attackers line of site but I've never  played a game where an opponent hasn't phenagled at least a shot in by some strange reasoning

As for the banner, I try to default to GWs list building programs to settle stuff like this, but warscroll builder says it's taken in place of a weapon and azyr says its taken in addition to weapons so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmm, any opinions from other folks?

Seems odd that he just sits there if attacked but then I suppose a banner is a little unwieldy.  That said I'm guessing if he is engaged in combat then the game isn't going all that swimmingly for you anyway....

My General proudly unfurls his flag before every battle, whilst still carrying his sword and shield.

Wording on the scroll clearly uses ‘instead’ to signify where a choice exists of one thing over another. With regard to the banner no such wording exists. 

I say take it.?

E57D06C8-AFC9-43AF-9A11-36BF3B81E347.png

3 hours ago, Lardidar said:

I play in a lot of Matched Play tournaments where Firestorm isn't currently accepted, however; I'm seeing that attitude slowly change in Australia. I would LOVE to play with the Firestorm rule, and you're right... I was theming around Hallowheart (and almost ran it at Blood & Glory last year). 

First of all, I just want to say that I don't write in english often... so I hope you'll be comprehensive with some of my mistakes :)

I've  posted this in an other topic but since I don't get any replies, I think it's more appropriate to post this here ^^.

Hello all! I am a player of the Free people for already 5 years and I really like playing them. I adore their functioning and the difficulty for which that asks. I am not so much a fan of the armies " brainless " such as Beastclaw raiders or still Tzeench... I prefer the good old tactics and the intense thinking in my game. Sometimes it is very difficult to play an interesting game or to be competitive against particuliary factions, that can be really unpleasant. Since the GHB on 2017, I tried several list, with or without the allegiance, with a hell of war machines, in brief a beautiful mixture of everything and I was pleasantly surprised. It is necessary to specify that it is still far from being equal to the Stormcast, Fireslayer, etc. I see Free people a better fit for casual games... At least until I saw several player finishing in the top 10 of two tournaments with this faction... I have to admit that I was a little flabbergasted and very sceptical... But you know, after all AoS should remain a game "focus" on the objectives and not only on purpose of killing your opponent... I think with a little luck and an bright strategy in your game, you can get your place among the champions.

In any case! I call all the amateurs of strategies and all my colleagues of the Freeguild! I would like to have your opinions on these lists and how to play them versus a list which "outrange " you in the shooting phase (Tzeench, Kharadron, Fireslayer, Skryre) either which is extremely mobile (Seraphon, Fireslayer, Stormcast, Sylvaneth).

There's a list who finished 6th in the Call of glory Cancon 2018 tournament: 

Anthony Magro

Allegiance: Free Peoples

Leaders: 

LuminarkOf Hysh With White Battlemage (240) - Allies 

Knight-Azyros(80) - Allies 

FreeguildGeneral (100) - General - Stately War Banner - Trait: Indomitable 

Freeguild General On Griffon (260) - Shield & Greathammer - Artefact: Armour of Meteoric Iron Freeguild General On Griffon (260) - Shield & Greathammer

Battleline:

3 x Demigryph Knights (160) - Lance and Sword

40 x Freeguild Guard (280)

30 x Freeguild Crossbowmen (300)

30 x Freeguild Handgunners (300)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Allies: 320 / 400

So... we all can see the famous combo of 60 Crossbowmen shots and the 2 +/2 + -1 rend shots of the Handgunners, classic. Two general on griffon it is a little rarer, but with the new GHB 2017 I think it can be really effective on the battlefield. The players put 3 demigryph knights equip with lance and sword, personally, I prefer to equip them with halberds because they're more stable. The luminark and the knight-azyros... I would admit you that I have never played them in my lists so for me, it's hard to know how to proceed with them... I see their utility but I'm not really sure how taking them out there. How manage to play against Tzeench or quite different armies having more shootings than us and with a better range. It is always that which causes me problem on a game... Thus what you do think of it, of this list? How would you play it ?

So... There's another list who finished 5th in the FaceHammer GT 2017:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=149biOgoriVUxl0Vcgjt6ZuwFkawhZy70

Here we use the famous Stormcast's trumpet to do some mortals wounds to the opponent, it is a very nice option. No crossbowmen on the other hand... A question of rend ? The only one great companies possible also which has to be one pack of guards with both packs of handgunners. A battlemage which must be equipped with a lifesurge spell? I guess to slow down the death of our favourite heroes or to protect the general. I am maybe wrong and the player equipped him with a good old fireball for sniping the opposite heroes. Otherwise, I believe that the same questions for the first list must be ask there too.

In brief, don't be shy and give your opinions, the more we will more fun we wilI have :) ! I find really interesting to discuss tactics, strategies with armies which are centred on that. I look forward to your replies on the subject :D !

I'm also sorry for the brick, I have so much things I want to discuss with you :)

2 hours ago, Cedricisme said:

First of all, I just want to say that I don't write in english often... so I hope you'll be comprehensive with some of my mistakes :)

I've  posted this in an other topic but since I don't get any replies, I think it's more appropriate to post this here ^^.

Hello all! I am a player of the Free people for already 5 years and I really like playing them. I adore their functioning and the difficulty for which that asks. I am not so much a fan of the armies " brainless " such as Beastclaw raiders or still Tzeench... I prefer the good old tactics and the intense thinking in my game. Sometimes it is very difficult to play an interesting game or to be competitive against particuliary factions, that can be really unpleasant. Since the GHB on 2017, I tried several list, with or without the allegiance, with a hell of war machines, in brief a beautiful mixture of everything and I was pleasantly surprised. It is necessary to specify that it is still far from being equal to the Stormcast, Fireslayer, etc. I see Free people a better fit for casual games... At least until I saw several player finishing in the top 10 of two tournaments with this faction... I have to admit that I was a little flabbergasted and very sceptical... But you know, after all AoS should remain a game "focus" on the objectives and not only on purpose of killing your opponent... I think with a little luck and an bright strategy in your game, you can get your place among the champions.

In any case! I call all the amateurs of strategies and all my colleagues of the Freeguild! I would like to have your opinions on these lists and how to play them versus a list which "outrange " you in the shooting phase (Tzeench, Kharadron, Fireslayer, Skryre) either which is extremely mobile (Seraphon, Fireslayer, Stormcast, Sylvaneth).

There's a list who finished 6th in the Call of glory Cancon 2018 tournament: 

Anthony Magro

Allegiance: Free Peoples

Leaders: 

LuminarkOf Hysh With White Battlemage (240) - Allies 

Knight-Azyros(80) - Allies 

FreeguildGeneral (100) - General - Stately War Banner - Trait: Indomitable 

Freeguild General On Griffon (260) - Shield & Greathammer - Artefact: Armour of Meteoric Iron Freeguild General On Griffon (260) - Shield & Greathammer

Battleline:

3 x Demigryph Knights (160) - Lance and Sword

40 x Freeguild Guard (280)

30 x Freeguild Crossbowmen (300)

30 x Freeguild Handgunners (300)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Allies: 320 / 400

So... we all can see the famous combo of 60 Crossbowmen shots and the 2 +/2 + -1 rend shots of the Handgunners, classic. Two general on griffon it is a little rarer, but with the new GHB 2017 I think it can be really effective on the battlefield. The players put 3 demigryph knights equip with lance and sword, personally, I prefer to equip them with halberds because they're more stable. The luminark and the knight-azyros... I would admit you that I have never played them in my lists so for me, it's hard to know how to proceed with them... I see their utility but I'm not really sure how taking them out there. How manage to play against Tzeench or quite different armies having more shootings than us and with a better range. It is always that which causes me problem on a game... Thus what you do think of it, of this list? How would you play it ?

So... There's another list who finished 5th in the FaceHammer GT 2017:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=149biOgoriVUxl0Vcgjt6ZuwFkawhZy70

Here we use the famous Stormcast's trumpet to do some mortals wounds to the opponent, it is a very nice option. No crossbowmen on the other hand... A question of rend ? The only one great companies possible also which has to be one pack of guards with both packs of handgunners. A battlemage which must be equipped with a lifesurge spell? I guess to slow down the death of our favourite heroes or to protect the general. I am maybe wrong and the player equipped him with a good old fireball for sniping the opposite heroes. Otherwise, I believe that the same questions for the first list must be ask there too.

In brief, don't be shy and give your opinions, the more we will more fun we wilI have :) ! I find really interesting to discuss tactics, strategies with armies which are centred on that. I look forward to your replies on the subject :D !

I'm also sorry for the brick, I have so much things I want to discuss with you :)

I see our options as limited to 2 choices in tournaments. One, out shoot and two, out man. I have two lists right now that I am going to run in an upcoming tournament. My shouting list is made up of 4 Rocket Batteries w/ Ordinator and the other is a spam of bodies made up of two Great Companies. These lists are written also playing the GHB 2017 scenarios. Also, in the tournament I will be attending, we are allowed to take two lists.

I think our army can be competitive but has a problem in trying to win major victories. The combination of movement and destroying your opponent to get across the board is difficult. With that being said, our army benefits from going first with the Great Company. If you have get to go first and have archers you are able to easily contest the middle of the board before your opponent gets to start. 

Other thing I am doing is layering my Guard behind my archers. So, they would have to go through a layer of 10 Archers, a layer of 10 Guard and finally a layer of 20 Guard backed by 2 30 man blocks of handgunners and crossbowmen. If there is a threat of deep striking, I position my unit of 10 guard in my back field to deny deployment. I think this helps increase the life of my units and puts me in position to where my opponent is facing the toughest part of my force in middle turns instead of at the beginning, while being able to pick off some of their units in the first 2 or so rounds.

The other other list i have is made up of 4 Rocket Batteries, 5 with Ordinator as  the general,  Archers, 4x 10 Guard, 2 Gen on Griffon, and Lumiark.  The principals are the same. I want to control the middles of the board with archers and 2 layers of guard. While that is happening I want to blast everything that comes my way into oblivion using the Gen on Griffon to plug holes and mop up danged units. The rocket batteries with a 36in range will blow the ****** out of some Sky fires. 

I agree on the two choice you gave... But I never played in a tournament which you can bring two differents lists...

So, you need to bring one list with a good versality and efficiente. It's hard to do so because if you want to play the free people allegeance, you cannot have enough war machines so you'll be outrange in the shooting phase. The lists above, in my post, used our allegeance and they manage somehow to finish in the top 10. I hardly see how to manage thoses against the Kharadron or Tzeench... (Thoses guys really grind my gears...).

Tho, I really appreciate your tactics. I usually use gryph-hound for counterplay deepstrike lists. I use a arrow style position for my great compagnies and put gryph-hound in the dead angle for prevent a drop. My general can be useful too. I let him always in the back so he can prevent a backstab from the ennemy. 

But I l'm sceptical about the archer. With their 6+ save who's nothing, they can die against everything they'll encounter. Of course, you use them as a bait so you expect to see them die miserably and you'll take the objectives with your compagnies afterward. But still, you begin first so your opponent can double turn you and you'll lose your part of the terrain and you'll take a second round of shooting directly on your key units. 

And we're not talking of the scenarios... 3+ objectives scenario can be hard to manage. We can't split our guys so.much since they need to stay close for the few perks they have.

1 hour ago, SilverJelly said:

. With that being said, our army benefits from going first with the Great Company. If you have get to go first and have archers you are able to easily contest the middle of the board before your opponent gets to start. 

What do you mean by this ? Can we deploy a great compagny in one shot ? I always deploy my great compagny, unit after unit because I think they're are not "like" a warscroll battalion so you cannot deploy them in a one drop.

9 hours ago, Cedricisme said:

I agree on the two choice you gave... But I never played in a tournament which you can bring two differents lists...

So, you need to bring one list with a good versality and efficiente. It's hard to do so because if you want to play the free people allegeance, you cannot have enough war machines so you'll be outrange in the shooting phase. The lists above, in my post, used our allegeance and they manage somehow to finish in the top 10. I hardly see how to manage thoses against the Kharadron or Tzeench... (Thoses guys really grind my gears...).

Tho, I really appreciate your tactics. I usually use gryph-hound for counterplay deepstrike lists. I use a arrow style position for my great compagnies and put gryph-hound in the dead angle for prevent a drop. My general can be useful too. I let him always in the back so he can prevent a backstab from the ennemy. 

But I l'm sceptical about the archer. With their 6+ save who's nothing, they can die against everything they'll encounter. Of course, you use them as a bait so you expect to see them die miserably and you'll take the objectives with your compagnies afterward. But still, you begin first so your opponent can double turn you and you'll lose your part of the terrain and you'll take a second round of shooting directly on your key units. 

And we're not talking of the scenarios... 3+ objectives scenario can be hard to manage. We can't split our guys so.much since they need to stay close for the few perks they have.

What do you mean by this ? Can we deploy a great compagny in one shot ? I always deploy my great compagny, unit after unit because I think they're are not "like" a warscroll battalion so you cannot deploy them in a one drop.

From the quore you had above, I was saying the Great Company benefits from going first because it allows or units to run before your opponent can move. Or units are so slowit would take a Guardsmen 3 turns running to contest your opponents objective. This is better with the Great Company because it allows you to react during your opponents turn and still gives you two rounds of shooting if they do double turn you. 

With archers, they are meant to hold your oppoonent in place one turn. First it prevents you from getting Alpha Striked with 120in blood letter madness and keeps it at bay. Now, lets split the numbers for this because i dont want to do percentages. Archers can move before the game starts so you run 8 (5+3). You get first turn you run your archers again 8. In one turn you 16 inches closer. At 16in you are holding your line 4 inches onto your opponents side of the board. You opponent charges your archers and kills them but are stopped 4in from the center of the board. You go next you move your guard up supported by handgunners and crossbowmen. Guard charges and hold your opponent on their side of the board. Move your handgunners in position to support. Now your crossbowmen you have a choice. Stay to support or dont move to get double shots. I would say if there is not a long range threat leave then for double shots.  If there is a long range threat move your crossbowmen to the line at the middle of the board or as far as you can move them. Since the have a 20in range you should be able to hit most things in their backfield and gives you a better position to leverage double shots. This board position also puts your Gen on Griffon or Demigryph Knights in position to move on your opponents objective in one turn instead of two. 

If your opponent does get a double turn, you opponent will be hitting your main force at the top of the second round and you will still be able to shoot during their charge phase, the strength of our army. 

I hope that explains my thinking...

A single list that covers most all scenerios............

To be continued... 

5 hours ago, SilverJelly said:

From the quore you had above, I was saying the Great Company benefits from going first because it allows or units to run before your opponent can move. Or units are so slowit would take a Guardsmen 3 turns running to contest your opponents objective. This is better with the Great Company because it allows you to react during your opponents turn and still gives you two rounds of shooting if they do double turn you. 

With archers, they are meant to hold your oppoonent in place one turn. First it prevents you from getting Alpha Striked with 120in blood letter madness and keeps it at bay. Now, lets split the numbers for this because i dont want to do percentages. Archers can move before the game starts so you run 8 (5+3). You get first turn you run your archers again 8. In one turn you 16 inches closer. At 16in you are holding your line 4 inches onto your opponents side of the board. You opponent charges your archers and kills them but are stopped 4in from the center of the board. You go next you move your guard up supported by handgunners and crossbowmen. Guard charges and hold your opponent on their side of the board. Move your handgunners in position to support. Now your crossbowmen you have a choice. Stay to support or dont move to get double shots. I would say if there is not a long range threat leave then for double shots.  If there is a long range threat move your crossbowmen to the line at the middle of the board or as far as you can move them. Since the have a 20in range you should be able to hit most things in their backfield and gives you a better position to leverage double shots. This board position also puts your Gen on Griffon or Demigryph Knights in position to move on your opponents objective in one turn instead of two. 

If your opponent does get a double turn, you opponent will be hitting your main force at the top of the second round and you will still be able to shoot during their charge phase, the strength of our army. 

I hope that explains my thinking...

A single list that covers most all scenerios............

To be continued... 

Oh, I see. It's a pretty tactic I love it, but seems only effective against close combat army like khorne...

Still, I'm not sure for the archers tho. You're right in your point but I think it's too much situational. I mean, if you fight against an army with a minimum of shooting, your archers will be down before the first charge phase of your opponent. In thoses cases the archers will be useless as ****.  It's better play under 100 points and get a triumph than play them. But I like the idea to "cockblock" the advance of close army. Put 10 dummy in front of a Murderhost or Beastclaw seems to be a pretty pain in the *** for your opponent and let you have a small advantage on the objectives. 

@MrCharisma

By reading the previous page of this topic I had discover your true identity... I'm now aware that you're the player who had play one of the tournament list that we're talking about (correct me if I'm wrong) . Congrats for your 6th place ! I'm really curious to know  how  you manage against high range shooting  army like Tzeench ? Thoses ****** have all they need to conquer the world and with our little faction, it seems really hard to win against them even for a minor...

Do you think that your list is a good overall for all the GHB17 scenarios ?

What's your opinion on the second list I bring ?

Anyone thought of running 240 freegaurd? You could have 2 companies of 3x40 guard with militia weapons. If positioned right, that could be 4 units making 160 supporting shots in the opponents turn, and with a BSB, limited losses to battleshock. 

Drawbacks: no mortal wounds, slow, vulnerable to flying enemies. And painting 240 figs. 

On 01/04/2018 at 4:06 AM, Cedricisme said:

@MrCharisma

By reading the previous page of this topic I had discover your true identity... I'm now aware that you're the player who had play one of the tournament list that we're talking about (correct me if I'm wrong) . Congrats for your 6th place ! I'm really curious to know  how  you manage against high range shooting  army like Tzeench ? Thoses ****** have all they need to conquer the world and with our little faction, it seems really hard to win against them even for a minor...

Do you think that your list is a good overall for all the GHB17 scenarios ?

What's your opinion on the second list I bring ?

Hey Mate

Anthony Magro here, you cracked the clue and found my true identity. I didn’t place as high as 6th at CanCon but I did take Free People to the Australian Masters and did incredibly well. 

I’ve been refining that list for a good 6 months and believe it’s one of the strongest builds currently available. 

Where I struggled at CanCon was dishing out mortal wounds. I got really unlucky with my match ups and even faced a Stormcast army which had a Stardrake on a 2+, re-rolling 1’s, rebounding mortal wounds back to me on something like a 3-4+. I just didn’t have the tools to handle it. 

The Luminark as an ally gives me the 30” range to snipe any character in the backfield causing me grief (i’m looking at your Gaunt Summoner). 

My biggest decision in this army, and i’m still undecided, is do you take the Hurricanum or Luminark as an ally? Do I want mortal wounds or survivability. 

I’ve found my list is strong in all scenarios with the exception of Knife to the Heart. I haven’t been able to pull a Major Victory off with Free People yet, just Minors for days. Maybe the list could be better by swapping the Demigryphs out with Outriders/Pistoliers?!

If I built an alternative list, it would be around the inclusion of a Hurricanum. 

21 hours ago, Graftonianman said:

Anyone thought of running 240 freegaurd? You could have 2 companies of 3x40 guard with militia weapons. If positioned right, that could be 4 units making 160 supporting shots in the opponents turn, and with a BSB, limited losses to battleshock. 

Drawbacks: no mortal wounds, slow, vulnerable to flying enemies. And painting 240 figs. 

Personally, i’m not a fan but it’s your hobby.

I’d hate painting, packing/unpacking, and pushing this many models around. 

I think you’d only win a few scenarios too. You’d struggle in Duality of Death and Knife to the Heart, while Battle for the Pass would compress your army and block your models line of sight (denying you from your max output). 

On 4/8/2018 at 3:54 PM, MrCharisma said:

Personally, i’m not a fan but it’s your hobby.

I’d hate painting, packing/unpacking, and pushing this many models around. 

I think you’d only win a few scenarios too. You’d struggle in Duality of Death and Knife to the Heart, while Battle for the Pass would compress your army and block your models line of sight (denying you from your max output). 

I would have to make liberal use of magnets and movement trays. 

Ya, Duality of Death would definitely be an issue. 

I see a number of people use multiple large 30+ Units supporting each other. It is a little hard to see actually how many models can see through to enemies. Does anyone use a rule of thumb, instead of eyeballing it?

Archived