Sylvaneth Revevant themed army

Corai

After a year in a hobby wasteland (where work has eaten all my time) I'm trying to break back into AOS. I still can't face the thought of rebasing 10k of old money chaos onto rounds so have turned my attention to a small sylvaneth army instead. 

I really wanted to push the new tree-Revevant aesthetic in the army and have converted most of my models to this end. So far I've only managed to paint a unit of tree revenants and my first unit of 'revevenant-hunters' conversions, but there's some dryads and tree lords on my painting desk ATM. 

The army is based on the floating isle of Talbion and will use the Gnarlroot rules to include a truth sayer (beasts wizard) and a unit of fenbeasts (tree kin) eventually!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Ansuz said:

Great conversions here! I specially like your "revenant-hunters"  and their tree exo-armors. Was it hard to swap the Kurnoth heads for the Revenant torsos?

Thanks. As with  most conversions, the most difficult part was having the guts to make the first cut.  Otherwise it isn't too tricky once you figure out what needs to be cut away where. I'm going to make a quick tutorial when the next batch are done so that will hopefully make it easier to see how it's done. 

Cheers 

Dan 

Looks nice! I much prefer the half-tree-half-elf look of the new Tree Revenant minis to the rather dated Dryad models and have been considering converting some Dryads with spare Daemonette parts, so I look forward to seeing how you do yours.

Thanks, the dryads on the painting table are pretty dull generic ones so I can get playing. My goal is to combine the tree revenants and dryad kits to make a replacement unit (similar to the Branchwych I've been working on)...but I need at least 5 more shadestalker/spite revenant champ torsos (hint hint, anyone help me out?)

Hopefully they'll look something like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for double post, can't figure out how to get pics and text into one reply on my phone!

Finished off some reinforcements last night in the form of my Branchwych, spirit of Durthu and Treelord ancient. Also knocked out 10 (even speedier than normal) speed painted dryads to get me on the tabletop. They'll do until I get enough spite Rev bodies to finish my converted ones.

Been following you on Twitter. These are fantastic models! Where do you get your flower scenics?

Thanks!

I get them from a local hobby shop. Antenocities sells them but they seem to be out of stock a lot.

In other news I've been doing a little more assembly today and have knocked out another Branchwych conversion to make the most of the Gnarlroot wargrove. ba5c8a33b16fa97952cd61110ac9597e.jpg

Archived