Your AoS Wish List

If you had a wish list for the future of AoS and its community, what would be on it? 

As a start, here's one on my mind: 

• A dedicated AoS website designed and maintained by GW. This would be a visually-beautiful and information-rich place to learn about AoS in more depth than you can from games-workshop.com.
    • It might have three initial sections: 
      • About – Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Miniature Gaming and Hobbying
      • The World – Factions, Realms
      • The Game – How to Play, Battle Reports, Resources, Tactics
    • “The World” section, e.g., could have in-depth dedicated pages for each primary faction and each realm, with unexplored realms (e.g. Hysh) remaining a mystery until more is ready to be revealed.
    • Along with GW’s awesome illustrations and miniature photography, each faction page could go into more depth on the faction’s characters and units. This could include summaries of their background lore (without stepping on the battletome), role(s) on the battlefield, and more.
      • As one example, @amysnuggs could be invited to share her thoughts (on camera and/or by audio) on playing and painting Fyreslayers, with clips available on the Fyreslayers’ faction page, along with photos of her gorgeous army. The same could be done with Les Martin or @Ben Johnson for Stormcast, @Rufio for Sylvaneth, @Dan Heelan for Seraphon, or dozens of other examples.
      • Showcasing and hearing directly from passionate players, as well as from equally-passionate GW staff, would be incredibly attractive.
      • You could also do Skype discussions with select players from around the world, and edit the best material into small-sized clips for the faction pages.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like that sounds awesome. Would be great with really high production value to it.

I'd like to see an online map of the realms where you start zoomed out in the cosmos and can see all the realms and then can zoom down in to each Realm and city within Google Earth style. And as you get closer there will be areas of interest that have been seen in the books which you can click on for more details.

On a more pedestrian level - Allegiance packs for armies coming out in each White Dwarf - starting with Fyreslayers, Beastmen, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Clan Verminus.

Annual point updates in an updated General's Handbook - plus new Battleplans.

From a 'game' perspective, I'd like to see matched play points freely available on the website and GHb becoming a book containing lots of battleplans, artefacts and allegiance traits - still essential for matched play but less clunky than its current form.

For background something that plots out a summary of the known factions so people get a little snippet on what is to come - so a bit of information on steamhead duardin, wanderers, tombkings etc.  Nothing major but more an incentive to actually paint some of those dusty laden units rather than leave them in a cupboard.

Other bits would be: website fan kit; gaming aids - so optimised warscrolls, artefact cards, token/markers etc

Selfishly: Behemoth for Khorne Bloodbound (i.e. not a daemon) and the missing models to buy standalone (khorgorath, bloodsecrator, mighty lord)

11 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Something like that sounds awesome. Would be great with really high production value to it.

I'd like to see an online map of the realms where you start zoomed out in the cosmos and can see all the realms and then can zoom down in to each Realm and city within Google Earth style. And as you get closer there will be areas of interest that have been seen in the books which you can click on for more details.

Not sure about this one.  One of the things I like about the Realms is their lack of definition.  I wouldn't mind maps of the areas we've seen in the books and such, but would be a little bummed to have them completely mapped out.  I like that they feel sort of limitless at the moment.

Personally, I'd like the following:

• White Dwarf Archive
    • All White Dwarf's are available in e-format anyway, it would be cool to have everything, say a year old or more, available for perusal online.
  • A dedicated place community created content - The realms are so ripe for us to put whatever we want into them.  More than WHFB could even begin to imagine.  I'd like to see what other people are doing.
    • Warscrolls for kitbashed or custom models.  (Zombie Gargant????)
    • Battletomes (Mike Mengel's TK one is a perfect example of how awesome this can be.)
    • Battleplans
    • Time of war rules
    • Campaign ideas and systems
    • etc.  I'm sure there is plenty of other ideas out there that I haven't even begun to consider.

I won't weigh this post down much more, other than to say that I agree with pretty much everything mentioned above me.

....  Oh! and from GW I demand MOAR GA Death Battletomes!!!!  Common!  What the heck GW?

;)

Love all the ideas so far. The original posters idea is great and if there could be zoomable maps amazing. They could still leave parts blurry and the edges unexplored.

I would also want regular updates to points with a free pdf and army builder like scrollbuilder.com.

I would want some sweet Slaanesh update.

I would want the next set of campaign books to be much cheaper. I've loved reading through other peoples copies but I cannot justify the price.

A big Death release including Tomb KINGS. 

Gaming aids, gaming aids, gaming aids.

MOAR painting videos!

Korgorath and Gryph-Hound boxes!

32 minutes ago, Nico said:

Just for future reference isn't it Tyler Mengel? He is a bit of a hobby God!

Yeah Tyler Mengel's Tomb Kings are amazing. If anyone hasn't seen it, check out http://theendlessdeserts.blogspot.com

Thanks all for the excellent ideas so far. Let's keep it going. I'll create a little graphic to promote this topic on Twitter + add a post to the AoS Fb Fans group. 

1 hour ago, scrubyandwells said:

Yeah Tyler Mengel's Tomb Kings are amazing. If anyone hasn't seen it, check out http://theendlessdeserts.blogspot.com

Thanks all for the excellent ideas so far. Let's keep it going. I'll create a little graphic to promote this topic on Twitter + add a post to the AoS Fb Fans group. 

Derp.  Thanks for the correction.

First post here.

These are just a few things I'd like to see.

• Ironjawz expanded upon like Stormcast.

Mounted Gore Gruntas hero or Mega Boss in Gruntas chariot 

Ranged unit

Brute upgrade sprue (shields and optional weapons like a mace or something)

Waaagh totem character.

• A Gitmob overhaul.

•New Troggoths. Much bigger this time  like Morghast size 

•Female Stormcast models.

•Horses.... Remember those?.... heh 

•Death to get some TLC. I really like Deathrattle so hoping they get it first. ;)

That's all for a quick wishlist.

I'd like to see a skirmish level product, akin to Necromunda or Mordheim but with the polish of the current AoS rules-set. Thinking of it like rules you add onto AoS to cope, such as Battleshock tests for lone models, ways to "level up", and so on.

1 hour ago, Lucio said:

I'd like to see a skirmish level product, akin to Necromunda or Mordheim but with the polish of the current AoS rules-set. Thinking of it like rules you add onto AoS to cope, such as Battleshock tests for lone models, ways to "level up", and so on.

With 40k's Kill Teams on the horizon I feel this is a possibility for AoS as well. 

I wish for AoS comic.

2 hours ago, Lucio said:

This would be great but should be supported with separate skirmish warband products like the old necromunda. Not just ironjawz and stormcast but really unique and specific armies for the setting of a specific city. 

Also yes to more female and non-white/ non-European looming humans. Not for political correctness but just because the modelling opportunities would be amazing!

Also I would like a really fresh feed back system. There are some warscroll where their power just does not match up to the model (gaunt summoner, goregruntas and some of the foreworld stuff). I want to see GW stepping into change warscrolls freely. Doesn't matter if it invalidates a printed warscroll in a book, it won't invalidate the rest of the book and the updated warscroll is free.  I'm sure that people would rather have exciting update to underpowered models even if it makes a printed books out of date

Also I would like a really fresh feed back system. There are some warscroll where their power just does not match up to the model (gaunt summoner, goregruntas and some of the foreworld stuff).

Use the Silver Tower Warscroll version - he's a monster.

Here's some more:

• One-Page AoS Checklists: The Checklist Manifesto is popular for a reason: We tend to "get" checklists. They clarify complex information. This came to mind after seeing @The Jabber Tzeentch's excellent "How Matched Play Works." An official "AoS Matched Play Checklist" would be incredibly useful for newer players.
  • An efficient and comprehensive way for players to find each other locally, and to connect for a game whenever traveling. Clearly Facebook is the best source of AoS players, so is it possible to better leverage Facebook for connecting players locally, nationally, globally? @Bowlzee has done amazing work on an AoS Players Map. Would love to hear his thoughts (+ any others) on how that map could be taken to a more comprehensive level, and whether/how Facebook might play a larger role.
  • Putting the dice icon on the "6." This might be #1 on the list. I can't fathom a world where they'd sell fewer dice if the icon were on the "6." Inconceivable! 

I'd like to see the Death faction renamed to 'Creation', or similar, and have the Sylvaneth moved to there.

It would be awesome to have a faction all about life, death and rebirth, and it would also be able to then have its nemesis in Destruction, the same way that Order does for Chaos.

It would also freshen up the otherwise stale one-army death faction that's having to split itself into subdivisions to attempt diversity.

Each respective Life and Death realms can remain as they are, but they could have a mutual respect for each other and perhaps a sort of symbiosis.

Archived