Path of the Changer

Changer

26 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Sounds like fun, keep us informed of the goings on! Also I'm pleased because I want to see you paint some acolytes. Do you find it easier painting the metal trims first?

I too would like to see what you make of the acolytes. They're what I'm painting at the moment and the sculpts are wonderful. Theyre really great fun to paint.

On a completely different note that is nothing to do with my acolytes, I think we'd all appreciate it if you did a sloppier job on them.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...many...edges....

So I've edge highlighted the metal on two of the discs this morning.  The Enlightened disc just needs a touch up on the silver and blue and then that one is finished.  The Shaman disc needs the gems finishing and the horns / teeth doing and then that is done.  Should have all four discs done by the weekend and the Shaman completed before next week (hopefully).

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

To be honest I'm a little annoyed because I don't think I wrote down the fire recipe...

Im pretty sure it's mephiston red through troll slayer orange and the yriel yellow. Then glazes of red, orange and yellow. Highlighted back up with flash gitz yellow, troll slayer orange, mephiston red and a bit of black on the edges.

its frustrating because I normally write these things down, especially when I've had so much trouble with it. Guess I'll have to paint some more at some point to be sure.

It's my Birthday! This has lead to this impressive haul. Hammerhal was a little out of the blue, but it nets me an additional 10 acolytes for my DoT force, and will lead to me playing GM for my gaming group! Lots of building to be had. My first Path to Glory game is next week!

IMG_3061.JPG

With me working on a late today I've managed to put some more paint onto the Shaman this morning.  The tabard is done, as is the blue armour.  The gold needs a final silver highlight and the skin is pretty much more complete.  I think I'll just add a few more shades and highlights to a few select areas of the skin, such as the left leg.

The Shaman is glued to the disc, but I've had a small accident with the superglue I used on the right foot.  Thankfully most of that foot is hidden, so I'll just scrape that foot down and repaint it.  Shouldn't take too long.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

9 minutes ago, ZealousJ said:

Don't you just hate him?

3 minutes ago, ZealousJ said:

I do

3 minutes ago, ZealousJ said:

I hate him

2 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Last night I was experimenting with different levels of paint thinning and yeah I basically hate him ;)

Haha!!

Have all of my likes!

A weekend break away with the family  leads to zero hobby being done. However, I've got my first Path to Glory game tomorrow so I've had to make sure I had these guys ready to play.

Tzaangor Shaman will have to be completed later this week, or even next week as I'm away again this weekend on a stag doo. First world problems of real life getting in the way of the hobby.

IMG_3178.JPG

Quick path to glory update. Had my first game tonight against bonesplitters. We played the path to glory battleplan where the centre had a beast guarding his lair. You rolled off for every turn, and rolled off to see who controlled the monster.

The monster turned out to be a Stonehorn who I controlled in every turn. My opponent had a cunning rukk and I was very wary about the damage that it could put out even with only 20 arrow boys. My opponent likes to play the story where he can so resided himself to saying that he couldn't directly attack my force until the Beast was killed!!! He didn't manage to kill it.

I won the major victory, gaining the monster with d6 wounds (rolled a 5) and it gains d6 wounds every game until it reaches capacity. 10 more acolytes also joined my force. My gaming group have decided that Tzeentch has mutated the Stonehorn, and now I get to use a Vortex Beast!!!

Guess I'll be going to GW tomorrow and buying another kit.

Yeah it did swing my way quite a lot. I think I'll play more randomly next game. I want to win the campaign, but I want everyone to have a good time too.

The acolytes didn't need to do much. They were never targeted. In fact, al they did all game was take the last wound off the Stonehorn.

Turns out with the additional acolytes I can take the witchfyre Coven, so the acolytes should do more in the next game.

Easter, a stag doo, and other real life responsibilities has led to me not painting at all over the past week or so.  I have however been able to assemble the Mutalith Vortex Beast.  I never realised just how big this model is - it's almost comparable to Magnus himself!!

Yesterday I was able to rearrange my cabinet.  I've decided to sell off my 3,000 point painted Necron force to further fund my decent into Tzeentch, which meant I was able to put all of my Tzeentch stuff on display.  I've still got the Lord of Change and 20 Acolytes to build, but then I think I may have reached capacity.

In addition to everything else that's going on, my gaming group have decided to start a 40k Shadow War: Armageddon campaign in May using fully painted warbands.  Because of this it looks like my Age of Sigmar force is going to be on hold for a while.  For those interested, I'm planning on running the new Inquisition warband rules (when they're available) for a radical Inquisitor dedicated to Tzeentch (of course!!).

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

I've finally managed to complete the Tzaangor Shaman. I'm pretty happy with the model overall. The Vortex in the staff top and the liquid in the bottle are both painted in the same way as the disc Vortex as that's now the colour of magic for the force.

The blends on the feathers are a little rushed, especially the yellow to green transition but I just wanted the model finished. 

This is the first tzaangor with pupils - the four I'd already completed just have yellow orbs. I like this difference as to me it makes the regular guys look more sinister yet simple-minded and the Shaman more intelligent.

it was another gorgeous model to paint, and I can't wait to get the Enlightened finished in the future. However, before then I'm going to assemble the 20 acolytes and the lord of change, whom I've got an idea of a cool convsersion I want to try!

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

Archived