Orruks tribe - Ice Klaw Klan, army in progress - update Savage Ironjawz Brutes painted

Morghot

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DynamicCaloriesThanks, surely these orruks kits are awesome!

Little update:

ive finished to assemble the brutes from thunderfist battleforce and i have modified them a bit; not big works i have only changed some weapons, not love the "spear" style. The one with big club (from ogre kit like some other weapons) it's the only who took some time.

The frontal armor plate are missing for now because i prefer painting them without!

poseorruks_6.jpg

poseorruks_5.jpg

poseorruks_2.jpg

poseorruks_3.jpg

poseorruks_4.jpg

Many thanks guys! Unfortunately the megaboss is still in wip for the conversion, i need the right inspiration to finish him and im super sloooow ... better say that i change project too often and some times some things remain in my endless waiting list :(.

But in the last days i finish 3 more brutes, the bases missing and the optional on the shoulders (skull, bones, etc) but for the rest they are done!

Hope you like them!

orruks_14_02_17_1.jpg

for this i try a facial war paint but it turns out too bright and white, must darken it
orruks_14_02_17_3.jpg

orruks_14_02_17_5.jpg

more photo under spoiler:

orruks_14_02_17_2.jpg

orruks_14_02_17_6.jpg

orruks_14_02_17_7.jpg

orruks_14_02_17_8.jpg

orruks_14_02_17_9.jpg

orruks_14_02_17_10.jpg

This is really quite excellent, I like it a lot! I echo what others have said, want to see more of the megaboss! Also, could you show/explain how you did the right hand klaw conversion on one of your brute bosses? Would love to try my hand at that one.

Thanks!

@Solaris:  it's super simple, i cut off the "blades" of the  klaw from the bits and place it on a right arms (from where i cut off the weapon obviusly!). Then i fix with some putty (magic sculpt in this case) to cover and adjust the kitbashing! 

@Vasshpit:  mephistos red + some black -----> mephistos red 100% -----> meph + troll slayer orange 50-50 ----> pupil with troll slayer orange + white 50-50 

Dont know if all the step are really necessary xD but that's how i done!

photo of the klaw:

IMG_1964.jpg[/img]

• 1 month later...

Little update, ive made the bases for the last 3 done! Not much i know, but here the group pics:

orruks_18-04-17_1.jpg

orruks_18-04-17_2.jpg

orruks_18-04-17_3.jpg

Ive also try to make an alternative one, still wip and hardly this will have a continuous but here it is i wanted to try a black metal and ice effect, i will edit the post as soon as i finish him:

orruksalternativo_1.jpg

orruksalternativo_2.jpg

orruksalternativo_3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived