Tales of Sigmar - Tale of Gamers - Month 2

TalesOfSigmar

banner2.jpg

MONTH TWO

Month 1 entrants can be found here.

So the first month has flown by for the Tales of Sigmar a Tale of Gamers for Age of Sigmar and there have been some stunning starts to people's armies. We now roll full speed onto month 2 and it's time to expand those armies with more painting and modelling.

Please feel free to post all your purchases, work in progress and completed posts in here to show everyone who's signed up what you've been up to for your pledge.

Format of posts is completely up to you but a template as a recommendation of how it should be is as followed.

Army -

Month 2 Budget: £50 (+ whatever you had left last month)
Month 2 Spend:
Remaining Budget:

Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next month. Deadline for Month 2 is Saturday 10th September.

So for month 2, I'm all ready to go with a Bloodstoker and 19 Bloodreavers.  Estimated RRP = £45 (£35 Bloodreavers + £10 Bloodstoker).

month2_zpsuj3wdvfh.jpg

I'll work on the bases first, adding slate and sand then painting, before painting the dudes.  When they're done I'll touch up the bases and add skulls for the skull throne, tufts for the tuft god and blood for the blood god.

Im in!

Im going to paint some more models for my Silveroak Glade. I will be adding a unit of 10 Dryads and a Tree lord ancient.

Army - Sylvaneth

Month 2 Budget: £50 (+ £13.5)
Month 2 Spend: £50 Start Collecting Sylvaneth
Remaining Budget: £13.5

So Im a big ole failure for month 1, im going to blame going on holiday ;)

So I'll finish up the boars and standard bearer, and then:

Army - Destruction

Month 2 Budget: £50 (+ £7.70)
Month 2 Spend: £20.50 - Moonclan Grots
Remaining Budget: £38.20

This month I am going to be super conservative. So I'll do 10 moonclan grots, and if those are fine and fast I'll do all 20. I have skull pass but did it as if new.

EDIT: So I have pretty much failed this month too. I royally suck and I'm sorry, but once I've finished moving in with my SO and I am set up I'll really try.

Army - Chaos

Month 2 Budget: $85
Month 2 Spend: $135 - Start Collecting Slaves of Darkness / Paints / Flock / Brushes (I'm brand new to this!)
Remaining Budget: ($50)

This month, I'm working on finishing the Start Collecting box.  I've already completed all of the warriors, and am now painting the knights.  I'll move to the chariot next.  

Here are the warriors.  These are my first ever minis I've done, so I'm fairly happy with them so far.  I've learned a lot already.  I welcome feedback and any tips! 

Photo Aug 11, 5 56 52 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 11, 5 57 20 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 11, 5 58 47 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 11, 5 58 51 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 11, 5 59 16 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 11, 5 59 31 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 11, 6 00 49 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 11, 6 00 56 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 11, 6 02 15 PM.jpg

Army - Destruction

Month 2 Budget: £50
Month 2 Spend: £40 iron jaws start collecting box

Total Spend: £40
Remaining Budget: £10.25

So this is abit late but just as completed my first months pledge gw brought out the start collecting ironjawz box which considering the price of gore gruntas its a steal, a warchanter is kinda an auto include in an ironjawz army and the extra 10 ard boyz gives me a very survivable battleline unit. I was recently persuaded by a friend to buy a ticket to gw's immortal harvest event at Warhammer world in October and I couldn't decide what to take but I want to get my ironjawz done for the event, im still surprised at how relatively cheap the start collecting box was saving £10 this month allows me to buy something really fun next month, though I cant decide between a maw crusha or to start branching out into some ogres. Pics to follow soon..........  

Woop, more than time to announce my Month 2 goal !

Army -

Month 2 Budget: 85$ (USD) + 21$ = 106$
Month 2 Spend:

• Start Collecting Stormcast Eternals - 85$

Total spent : 85$

Remaining Budget: 21$

As the monthly budget allows me to get quite a few models in one buy (those Start Collecting boxes are great value), I decided to save my extra budget for Month 3, where I will finally start my Sylvaneth...

This month I will then complete my small SE force fighting in Ghyran, led by a Lord-Celestant on foot. So he'll finally be surrounded by 2 Liberator units, with a vanguard comprised of the Prosecutors (with Javelins) and the previously shown Knight-Venator.

I won't be building up the 2 Retributors for this project : they will complete my 3-men unit from the starter, so I'm putting them aside for now.

See you soon for more interesting pics !  :)

WCSEStart.JPG

Some great progress from @VylitasTheUnbound and @Nixon, how's everyone else doing, just over a week to go!

I've got got base colours down on the Bloodstoker and finished his skin.  I'm batch painting the 19 Bloodreavers.  After completing their bases I started the skin, base coating with 1:1 mix of GW Pallid Wych Flesh to P3 Cryx Bane Highlight, then I dry brushed with Pallid Wych Flesh, then I shaded with a mix of Reikland Fleshshade, Lahmian Medium and Cryx Bane Highlight.  I'm now at the stage where I'm layering on Pallid Wych Flesh highlights.  I've nearly done half of them but my copy of the new White Dwarf has just dropped through the letter box so it's time for a tea break! 

bloodreavers-wip1_zpszgny02ak.jpg

Made some progress, tbh I've been really lazy with hobbying this month but I will bring it back in month 3, I bought a box of orruk brutes which brings the force up to 1000pts which is the size of game that I enjoy playing the most. For month 3 I think the brutes is enough to get stuck into as I need to catch up on month 2 but month 4 I might treat myself to a mawcrusha and maybe something else to finish of the ironjawz I also want to add a load of ogors to the army so after month 4 I will move on from the ironjawz.IMG_2186.JPGIMG_2197.JPG

Archived