Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

18 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

People are saying the character in story is Nagash, but the first thing that came to my mind was Settra...

I think it's likely Nagash recruiting a Knight of Shrouds.

• Like 1

Mortarch of Grief anyone? King sounds like Settra to me. " I'm no false god" "My rightful domain has fallen (Khemri?)" 

Tomb Kings is definitely a stretch... it seemed pretty clear to me that it's referencing Nagash. As bsharitt says, it's the recruitment of a Knight Of Shrouds, lines up exactly with the lore for those guys.

• Like 1

I don't think that we'll see setra. It is not enough nighhount oriented to fit in the actual GW business plan ...

Just now, Lysandestolpe said:

6295950E-EE7C-423E-8F1F-3ADC5B500E78.jpeg.9ab14f0851933430399cadec613b72a6.jpeg

news from rumor engine! 

Even though it is rather slim, I would place that in destruction. Could line up with rumored Moonclan or Ironjawz. I would say Moonclan, as it looks too fragile for Ironjawz.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

news from rumor engine! 

Reminds me of the moonclan (night goblin) stuff from skullpass. I would say moonclan

17 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

news from rumor engine! 

It could be anything really.
Or at least, we should try to proceed by elimination.  I don't see this being anything Chaos related. Especially not Slaanesh.
Somehow, I feed like it could be Dark Aelves related. I really don't see this being Moonclan. It kind of don't fit the aesthethics.

21 minutes ago, Saiken said:

It could be anything really.
Or at least, we should try to proceed by elimination.  I don't see this being anything Chaos related. Especially not Slaanesh.
Somehow, I feed like it could be Dark Aelves related. I really don't see this being Moonclan. It kind of don't fit the aesthethics.

I think it's too ramshackle by build(i.e. not worn/corroded to that point)  to be dark elf, or even death. So my money is on Moonclan or Skaven. Moonclan because there's rumors of them coming with new stuff, and while new Skaven may not be in the pipeline as an army, it could be another Shadespire warband.

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/22/22nd-may-magic-casting-and-unbindinggw-homepage-post-2/

Changes to magic!

Unbinding at 30" instead of 18", Arcane bolt doing only 1 mw but d3 if the casting roll is 10+ and mystic shield giving re-rolls of 1 instead of +1 save are the big changes!

EDIT: also new magic for all the realms! I'm still not sure how this is going to be implemented, the article talks about different spells being accessible depending on where you fight, so maybe they are extra spells all casters get at the start of the game?

The spell they revealed seems pretty good, basically a deepstrike attached to a casting value 8. It can have its uses for sure!

Edited by smucreo
  • Like 1

Hmm, Arcane bolt and Mystic shield both got nerfed. I'm guess it has less to do with them being overpowered and more to do with "encouraging" use of all the new spells coming out. I wonder if it could also indicate the rule of one going away for at least basic spells since the new mystic shield won't stack and the arcane both probably isn't worth spamming as much as smite in 40k.

Not sure how I feel about the unbind range. On one hand it was a bit awkward to have wizards positioned right to be in unbind range, but that was part of the strategy of the game. Now it seems like it'll be  very hard for an army with few wizards to go against one with many, but then I guess that is thematic.

8 minutes ago, smucreo said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/22/22nd-may-magic-casting-and-unbindinggw-homepage-post-2/

Changes to magic!

Unbinding at 30" instead of 18", Arcane bolt doing only 1 mw but d3 if the casting roll is 10+ and mystic shield giving re-rolls of 1 instead of +1 save are the big changes!

EDIT: also new magic for all the realms! I'm still not sure how this is going to be implemented, I'm guessing each faction will hail from different realms and as such will have magic from their corresponding realm to choose from, it's cool anyways! 

The spell they revealed seems pretty good, basically a deepstrike attached to a casting value 8. It can have its uses for sure!

It was said in the article that the spells are available for the games happening on the realm:

For example, the new edition brings with it a whole Lore of Magic’s worth of spells for almost every realm, depending on where your battle is taking place.

Here’s one of our favourites that any Wizard can use, for when you find yourself battling in the radiant vistas of Hysh:

So similar to what we have now, but expanded.

Edited by Jamopower
  • Like 1

The teeny tiny remark makes me think goblins? 

7C60CB73-BF99-4151-8E0D-CE442F860934.png.b96066011dc3b1bfdf8e42da9b84951a.png

• Like 2

Just now, Kramer said:

7C60CB73-BF99-4151-8E0D-CE442F860934.png.b96066011dc3b1bfdf8e42da9b84951a.png

A saber from the new elite squig rider cavalry.

1 minute ago, bsharitt said:

A saber from the new elite squig rider cavalry.

Haha we can only hope. 

2 hours ago, Dragobeth said:

I could say Moonclan or Skaven, probably Moonclan.

This was my thought as well.  The only two factions that already exist, or did in Warhammer Fantasy, that this would visually fit in with would be Goblins or Skaven.  It looks too well crafted and also too slim for anything Orc - so I would rule out Ironjawz and Greenskinz.  It does look like it could be for Moonclan since it is fairly similar to the Warboss on Giant Squig's sword. 

If this is Moonclan then it is an interesting shift in design though - since so far they have not had the same oddly faceted blades that Orcs have started to get.

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Sky Grots!!!

• Like 1

Oh so only the Stormcast can stand up to random barbarians? I guess the rest of the Order can go drink martinis on the beach.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, offroadfury said:

I guess the rest of the Order can go drink martinis on the beach.

can't wait for the models ;) 

3 hours ago, smucreo said:

Changes to magic!

EDIT: also new magic for all the realms! I'm still not sure how this is going to be implemented, the article talks about different spells being accessible depending on where you fight, so maybe they are extra spells all casters get at the start of the game?

It's not so much a deepstrike as a 'your unit is worthless for 2 turns hahahahahahah' spell.