Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

The Jabber Tzeentch

The Rumour Thread

11,577 posts in this topic

Kronos    231

Interesting, can't tell what section of a Stormcast that is. 

Seriously though, would not be surprised for this to be a very very little piece. I'm hoping Sea based Aelfs, maybe a pet or base/shipdetail. Or maybe even some Goblin sky pirates, and this could be a squid grenade. Myabe we'll find this side of 2018? 

WoollyMammoth    608

On twitch today Phil Kelly  said new factions super soon, keep an eye on MalignPortents.com.

Could be a reference to the new death changes, but it sounds like new models.

My local GW store manager said he 'saw an incredible new Black Coach'. I asked where and he said .. not on something public. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

HorticulusTGA    380
2 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

On twitch today Phil Kelly  said new factions super soon, keep an eye on MalignPortents.com.

Could be a reference to the new death changes, but it sounds like new models.

My local GW store manager said he 'saw an incredible new Black Coach'. I asked where and he said .. not on something public. 

YEAH !

I saw (on DakkaDakka ?) that PK said on WHTV that there would be new typical-AOS factions (like Kharadron Overlords I guess...) soon. 

So a Death Release may be ... Not so typical, unlike Cthullu Shadow Aleves ?

I don't know and I want both :P

EDIT : I just saw on the MP thread that PK said "no comment" about Aelves, and the the Realms of Light and Shadows will not play a big part in MP, unlike Vandus. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA

bsharitt    342
6 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

I would love a new Black Coach. I currently have a Nighthaunt army but not Black Coach, not because of the unit's rules, but because I can't make myself pay actual money for that awful model. I've got my Nighthaunt army halted at 1600 with 400 points of Soulblight allies making up the rest because I've got plenty of hexwraiths and I never want to see an unassembled Spirithost again, but I've got plenty of room for the Knight of Shrouds and a Black Coach with a better model.

Darth Alec    577

I actually have a Black Coach ready to get converted. I doubt we'll see a new version of it specifically. GW doesn't seem to be in the mood for redesigning existing models, generally speaking.

I guess the Nurgle release sorta disproves that. But then again, the black coach is a nobody model, plague marines are a much bigger deal. The Black Coach he heard about is much more likely to be a completely new model in the vein of a coach.

RuneBrush    1,890

From the Twitch stream upcoming Black Library books :):

AoS Books

Overlords of the Iron Dragon
Nagash: They Undying King (regular hardback)

World that Was

Time of Legend: The Vengeance Wars (great betrayal)

• Like 1

Veterannoob    276
8 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

From the Twitch stream upcoming Black Library books :):

AoS Books

Overlords of the Iron Dragon
Nagash: They Undying King (regular hardback)

World that Was

Time of Legend: The Vengeance Wars (great betrayal)

Overlords is a really good and interesting book.  Learning so much about the KO Code, nice development by Clint in that book.

• Like 1

Tonhel    82

How plausible is the rumour about a big Aelf release in may/june? I assume that around april/may the second new army for AoS will be released? This month Maggotkin of Nurgle and than around 3 months later the second AoS army for this year.

Also according this rumoured release schedule no  Shadespire warband 7 and 8 (SC/Khorne) before june. That seems a bit strange.

16b8e82f42a0297f00d8502410e57604_116971.

HorticulusTGA    380
32 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

How plausible is the rumour about a big Aelf release in may/june? I assume that around april/may the second new army for AoS will be released? This month Maggotkin of Nurgle and than around 3 months later the second AoS army for this year.

Also according this rumoured release schedule no  Shadespire warband 7 and 8 (SC/Khorne) before june. That seems a bit strange.

16b8e82f42a0297f00d8502410e57604_116971.

This leak seems to come from various rumors, and to be mainly 40k-oriented.

It seems to come from this poster who was quite right back in November about Daemons and Adeptus Custodes, so you could say it's reliable.

1515536187637.png

• Like 1

Kugane    364

Another year no skaven other than a warband it seems! The horned rat is not pleased!

Mayple    549
2 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Another year no skaven other than a warband it seems! The horned rat is not pleased!

Fingers crossed for some sort of Verminus battletome regardless :o

Kugane    364
2 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Fingers crossed for some sort of Verminus battletome regardless :o

Some new Gutterrunner and nightrunner models and a Eshin battletome! Thats the way to go! :D Chances are very low unfortunately.

HorticulusTGA    380
15 minutes ago, Kugane said:

The two schedules only goes to June, so... Also, per the existing fluff, at least Clans Eshin are involved in the Fate of Slaanesh (which could see releases, like a Slaanesh Battletome at the end of 2018-2019). Also Eshin alreadyhave an official AOS miniature now (from WHQ) ;) 

Tonhel    82

@HorticulusTGA

So you think it's plausible that we will see two Aelves faction released side by side? It does sound nice Aelves on ?waterhorses? and an expansion on the Witch Aelves theme.

Well hopefully it's Darkoath, Death, two Aelves factions, Stormcast, Slaanesh, Light Aelves and skaven for 2018!

Edited by Tonhel

Killax    2,262
6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

@HorticulusTGA

So you think it's plausible that we will see two Aelves faction released side by side? It does sound nice Aelves on ?waterhorses? and an expansion on the Witch Aelves theme.

Well hopefully it's Darkoath, Death, two Aelves factions, Stormcast, Slaanesh, Light Aelves and skaven for 2018!

As before the Warhammer Quest box basically covered two types of Aelven subjactes too.

I think your line up is almost correct, you can remove Darkoaths from that line up though and Skaven, other than Shadespire stuff, sorry. 

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Not really strange. Have talked about GW managers and they view it as a side game, that vision comes from higher ups. The Bloodbowls, Warhammer Quests and Shadespires arn't designed to thake potential 40k and AoS players away from their main games :) 

Edited by Killax
  • Like 1

HorticulusTGA    380
16 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

@HorticulusTGA

I really don't know, I'd say (given the last MP video and other clues already discussed above), we'll have : 

- February : MP book, 4 Harbingers, some new (old) sceneries, Legions Of Nagash (if it's Neferata in the video, then we could see Soulblight too).

-March : following of MP. 

- April-may : Aleves. I find it REALLY strange to have two different factions but why not (that would be two Shadow aelf factions, so we would still need something else for Light Aelves, Tyrion and Teclis). 

- June to November : unknown. 

- November - December- January (2019) : Slaanesh 40k and AOS.

Around that, mayyyybe Darkoath and Moonclan, and more probably new Stormcasts (I hope with proper Sceneries like Stormkeep).

• Like 1

someone2040    719
7 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

I guess the Nurgle release sorta disproves that. But then again, the black coach is a nobody model, plague marines are a much bigger deal. The Black Coach he heard about is much more likely to be a completely new model in the vein of a coach.

I don't necessarily think the Nurgle release disproves that they don't like remaking existing models.

It's just I think they definitely carefully choose when they want to remake stuff. It hasn't really come up so far in Age of Sigmar, because you know, most of the factions have been new (Stormcast, Fyreslayers, Overlords, Ironjawz) or expanding factions that already have a lot of plastic (Khorne, Tzeentch, Sylvaneth, Maggotkin).

Overall though, I think the Nurgle Daemons stuff were pretty obvious to do. Greater Unclean one was a pretty old model now and super unimpressive for what should be a centrepiece of the army. Beasts of Nurgle were the only finecast unit left on the Daemon side (Other than Epidemus who is a special character). So both made pretty good sense to get done in plastic.

I assume Slaanesh will have a similar upgrade as well if they ever get redone, new Greater Daemon and Fiends as they're the only real finecast units left other than special characters for the Daemons.

So yeah, I don't think they'll be redoing every kit from the 6th edition era. Most of those kits belong to the factions that are unlikely to see an update anyway.

Arkiham    1,475

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/aos_matched_play_points.pdf

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-tamurkhans-horde.pdf

stealth update for forgeworld

Eguo remains unchanged.

fairly confident this issue of it " being a named character " is resolved now with the maggotkin book not stating it as one either. 

someone2040    719
13 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/aos_matched_play_points.pdf

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-tamurkhans-horde.pdf

stealth update for forgeworld

Eguo remains unchanged.

fairly confident this issue of it " being a named character " is resolved now with the maggotkin book not stating it as one either. 

What's actually changed in those pdfs? At a glance I can't really tell.

Arkiham    1,475
4 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

What's actually changed in those pdfs? At a glance I can't really tell.

toads, and cant summon daemons of nurgle.

so, things which have not changed are obviously fine

• Like 1

Rollcage    19

I'm not quite understanding of how the 2 new Aelf factions would have anything to do with the Realm of Shadows or Light.

From the rumours I got the impression the aelves reside in the realm of death. 

When they get to Malekith and Tyrion I would expect realms of shadow and light aelves

BURF1    336
18 minutes ago, Rollcage said:

I'm not quite understanding of how the 2 new Aelf factions would have anything to do with the Realm of Shadows or Light.

From the rumours I got the impression the aelves reside in the realm of death. 

When they get to Malekith and Tyrion I would expect realms of shadow and light aelves

Because the aelves live in the realms of light and shadows and have since the death of the old worlds? I'm not super up on my lore but I'm pretty sure we haven't had much in the way of aelf sightings outside of warhammer quest.

AverageBoss    244
5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I really don't know, I'd say (given the last MP video and other clues already discussed above), we'll have : 

- February : MP book, 4 Harbingers, some new (old) sceneries, Legions Of Nagash (if it's Neferata in the video, then we could see Soulblight too).

Soulblight Allegiance is being included in the LoN book (along with GA: Death). The only reason I can think of the allegiance being in this book so soon after GHB (especially with Nighthaunt and FEC not being included), is that is has received some sort of change.

7 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Because the aelves live in the realms of light and shadows and have since the death of the old worlds? I'm not super up on my lore but I'm pretty sure we haven't had much in the way of aelf sightings outside of warhammer quest.

I do recall that GA:O had the "Exiled" factions be groups that hailed from both Shyish and Ulgu. I COULD be wrong, though.

EDIT: the darkling covens are made from sorceress queens and their coteries that hail both from Shyish and Ulgu, indeed.

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha