Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

The Jabber Tzeentch

The Rumour Thread

8,056 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Oh! So Maliti was still a real person?  But what happened to him then when the Changeling was using his identity for so long?  I'm assuming he was "disposed of"?

Well, I think that given the size of the Mortal Realms , and the fact that the Season Of War (both Seeds Of Hope and Firestorm) is still an "all out war" time, so a chaotic (:P) period of time, the Changeling's plot wasn't noticed until Sigmar's agents finally caught him in Hammerhal Gyhra. And the Changeling is a very cunning creature, and Maliti only one person who canot be everywhere at once, so I think the daemon played carefully his hand...

On a sidenote, Greywater Fastness in Ghyran was the first city founded by Maliti and using Realmstone as power source, and this city is (still) loyal and uncorrupted.

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

RuneBrush    1,253

New rumour picture:

RumourEngine-Nov14hcsv.jpg

Edit: Here's the cryptic Facebook quotes:

AoS: The stars have aligned, and a strange constellation has formed in skies across the Mortal Realms - unusually, it looks just like an upcoming release. We blame the Rumour Engine - do you know what it is?

40kThe Rumour Engine has something exciting to show you - first one to get it right wins our undying approval!

Edited by RuneBrush

Dez    1,681
17 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

New rumour picture:

RumourEngine-Nov14hcsv.jpg

Edit: Here's the cryptic Facebook quotes:

Ironjawz Pan Flute incoming! Somebody tell @Thomas Lyons

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sheriff    344

I'm trying hard to justify this somehow NOT being an elf thing, but struggling. 

Thing is, if this is the Order hero then it must also have the feather and scroll/parchment? But that's a human type of thing surely? (the parchment). 

Which means this could be an additional model, an elf additional model. Its surely AOS, right? 

The chat about stars and constellations could be a reference to all sorts of factions though: various gods, navigation stuff, that light realm, no idea. 

Feather for Free Guild...that quiver is very elvish...

What if they start introducing mixed races, as ways to add to both general factions/aesthetics? So, the Herald of Order is a half-aelf, perhaps? Mixing things from assorted parts of the Grand Alliance would be tge easiest design space, though the DarkOath only fits that if you count her as Chaos Undivided...

Thoughts?

SaJeel    15

Seems elfish to me, I cant imagine them not doing a whole elf faction with lore and the whole nine, since that aspect of the fluff has been hardly touched

SaJeel    15
7 minutes ago, Barimbino said:

Constellation, Stars aligning? Definitely the new Seraphon release we've all been craving for! ;-D

oh my i would love this

Uveron    124

The Quiver could be Vanguard-Hunters for shadespire? 

But my guess is Elves. 

Spiky Norman    253
20 minutes ago, Barimbino said:

Constellation, Stars aligning? Definitely the new Seraphon release we've all been craving for! ;-D

You mean Cthulhu elves for sure, right?

Stars align = Cthulhu | Arrows = Elves :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

New undead archers.  I'm assuming that the undying clue is supposed to be an actual clue, and I think the quiver shape could fit into the Death aesthetic as well.

Edited by Warboss Gorbolg

Mayple    199

New faction, surely. One who is heralded by a new constelation of stars. 

To avoid guessing Cthulhu aelves..

..STAR AELVES!? Wearing capes of shimmering starlight, pew pew'ing dudes with black hole arrows. Fiery hair, glowy eyes, a pantheon of gods. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Turragor    876

Everyone saying that frilly sucker is a feather please show me where the ear / mouth ****** is in all the free guild imagery! It's a freaky ass feather if it is one!

Oh my or i fice is on the word ban list. Just so you know I wasn't swearing!

Edited by Turragor
  • Haha 1

Swooper    24
10 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

New undead archers.  I'm assuming that the undying clue is supposed to be an actual clue, and I think the quiver shape could fit into the Death aesthetic as well.

"Undying" is a word I've heard used for elves, with the immortality/eternal youth thing and all.

Nico    1,947

Seraphon are also undying (being Ancient Toads or dream Daemons)....

Siorra    30

You know I would totally not be angry if they introduced every new army with a Shadespire unit as a taste of what's to come. I mean, we've had some pretty wicked looking skellybones, so hopefully some shadespire Aelves??

• Like 1

Carnelian    410

If we look back at the accompanying text for the past rumour engines that have been solved, were they actually helpful clues?

stato    169
4 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

If we look back at the accompanying text for the past rumour engines that have been solved, were they actually helpful clues?

Not that I recall.  I could be pessimistic and point out the UK news yesterday morning was full of news about Venus and Jupiter conjunction visible in the sky the night before ('stars' aligning), but i dont want to spoil anyones hopes and dreams :$

Edited by stato
  • Like 1

bsharitt    77

This is the first rumor engine in a while I'll agree has a good chance of being Elven. That being said, if it is from and elf, I'd say the odds are better at it being a Shadespire squad.

• Like 1