The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, VonRunestorm said:

So has anyone heard of any Nurgle redo for Sigmar?

With 40k DG on the way I was wondering if they are thinking of doing the same thing they did with Wrath of Magnus/Disciples of Tzeentch.

-VonRunestorm

Yup I'm voting for this also just hope that we won't have to wait till the name of the month matches like when the did Tzaanuary cause then we might expect it at Nurgvember. 

So crossing my fingers for Nurgly...:P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Yup I'm voting for this also just hope that we won't have to wait till the name of the month matches like when the did Tzaanuary cause then we might expect it at Nurgvember. 

Nurgust perhaps?

4 hours ago, Requizen said:

I do wonder if the 40k players who have switched will just flock back or end up playing both. I have trouble juggling multiple game systems, but I like both a lot.

I play deamons, so I just take my army and use the rules there is an opponent available for. Play both no problem.

2 hours ago, VonRunestorm said:

So has anyone heard of any Nurgle redo for Sigmar?

With 40k DG on the way I was wondering if they are thinking of doing the same thing they did with Wrath of Magnus/Disciples of Tzeentch.

-VonRunestorm

When they did Khorne Daemonkin for 40k, they were doing AoS Bloodbound releases at the same time. They followed up Thousand Sons with Disciples of Tzeentch. I think it's safe to say that cross promotion is well within the realm of possibility.

1 minute ago, DarkBlack said:

I play deamons, so I just take my army and use the rules there is an opponent available for. Play both no problem.

Yeah, but for me it's just time. I can't go out two nights a week on the reg to play both games, and even making two days per month to try and hit an AoS event and a 40k event means less time with family. Being a married adult is a bummer for hobbying :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DarkBlack said:

After Overlords this is my plan also as 30k has them upcoming as well and I seem to be amazing them from custom Warhammer Quest and Shadow War games.

I hope we get those Nurgle soon as it means we are closer to getting an idea of where Slaanesh fits into all of this.

-VonRunestorm

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

July, the Holy Seventh, is the Month of Nurgle, the Lord of Despair, Father of Plagues, Harbinger of Contagions and Herald of Stagnation.

July it has to be.

?????

+Edit : Spotted a typo. Stupid cell phone keyboards... Plus it appears Windows doesn't know how to display all those nifty emojis... /sigh

Edited by Spinsane
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vaeron said:

I actually agree with points per upgrade (See: stormfiends with warpfire vs other builds). If they just increase the cost of stormfiends across the board, it badly overcosts the models for those who dont just spam three projectors. 

The GW solution is to split the warscrolls, like Prosecutors and Raptors. The problem scrolls for this are mostly pre-points (ridden/unridden monsters, Stormfiends) so GW will probably just let this fester while they get around to eventually, maybe, redoing the factions they belong to.

8 hours ago, Dez said:

I was with you all the way until you mentioned porting points per model and upgrades. 

No thank you :)

It's already been hinted at in answers on the official FB page that the generals handbook 2 will likely have a points per model system.

• Like 1

Just now, Thomas Lyons said:

Screenshot?

It was a close to two months ago so unfortunately not. They had a status asking for suggestions on the GH2 and were replying to a number of them. Every one in ten or so 'suggestions' was someone asking for a points per model system, with a few of these having been replied to. It was by no means a confirmation, but it was hinted that this is the direction they're taking the system. 

Just now, queefbabe said:

It was a close to two months ago so unfortunately not. They had a status asking for suggestions on the GH2 and were replying to a number of them. Every one in ten or so 'suggestions' was someone asking for a points per model system, with a few of these having been replied to. It was by no means a confirmation, but it was hinted that this is the direction they're taking the system. 

I wouldn't hold your breathe.  

Ugh, what a wasted opportunity it seems.

Seems some more leaks of the upcoming Grombrindal / White Dwarf Duardin model have come up, and it appears he's not a fit for the Overlords...

(Original image posted to the WD FB page by someone else, not mine)

IMG_1535.JPG

Anyone noticed that in the "Warhammer Live Lists for April 26th" article at the Warhammer Community, there are units that take into account point cost per model?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/26/warhammer-live-lists-for-april-26th/

The Chaos army list for example has 

12x Chaos Warriors – 216

14x Kairic Acolytes – 194

I do not know if this is a trend in these events as i usually do not keep up with them, just noticed this and thought it might be worth mentioning.

Edited by Infernalslayer
  • Like 1