The Rumour Thread

Considering the stories we got of destruction on the malign portents website about destruction armies (somewhat) rallying together to go have a big fight in shyish and how its the Fungoid Shamans lore for him to go around different tribes and convince them to go.

Im expecting a great waagh battletome encompassing all the greenskin and ogor factions with new models everywhere. why else would there be rumors for new ironjawz models while also moonclan?

• Like 1

Don't bet on it, but I might recall a source from the biz saying that gw in general plans to release more single hero models for factions to include.

Would be an easy way to enhance settled model ranges. Or upgrade some of the newer ranges with small releases like DoK style.

I still think we're mainly facing sub factions releases, which is quite cool with me. Really adds to the variety of the game.

Can't wait for the ***** mortarchs of NH to show. Death deserved a release before all of you greedy other alliances...

Single hero models would be welcome. There's a lot of very similar looking armies because of the lack of models. Stuff like the Hag Queen would be appreciated, or even a bit of variety on the sprue in the character box. It seems like something that's easy to do as well. 

5 minutes ago, syph0n said:

Single hero models would be welcome. There's a lot of very similar looking armies because of the lack of models. Stuff like the Hag Queen would be appreciated, or even a bit of variety on the sprue in the character box. It seems like something that's easy to do as well. 

Wasn’t their a rumour couple months back about a grand prophet of Gorkamorka? Maybe we’ll see him.

Maybe I missed something - why do we think there's a whole Darkoath faction/battletome coming?  Is there something beyond "well, there was that MalPo herald, and so far 2 of the 4 heralds have led the way for large factions so bring on Moonclan and Darkoath battletomes"?

1 minute ago, amysrevenge said:

Maybe I missed something - why do we think there's a whole Darkoath faction/battletome coming?  Is there something beyond "well, there was that MalPo herald, and so far 2 of the 4 heralds have led the way for large factions so bring on Moonclan and Darkoath battletomes"?

I'm also curious as to this. 

Totally speculation but I think it's just going to be a sub faction of StD my self. 

Updated models/theme to the "maurader" parts.

Time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Not exactly much to go on but there was also at least 1 MalPo story featuring Darkoath as quite distinct from anything we've already got models/rules for. 

On 6/8/2018 at 10:35 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

The six Matched Play scenarios in the core rulebook are those from the GHB2016.  This leads me to speculate that of the 12 in GHB2018, 6 will be those from GHB2017 and 6 will be new.

I can confirm that there are 12 Battleplans in the GHB2018 and a table rolling a D3 and a D6 to roll for the Battleplan. I only wondered where the first 6 Battleplans where.

Just now, EMMachine said:

I can confirm that there are 12 Battleplans in the GHB2018 and a table rolling a D3 and a D6 to roll for the Battleplan. I only wondered where the first 6 Battleplans where.

From the Stormcast podcast: The 6 battleplans from the  GHB2016 are in the AOS2 Core rulebook. The 6 from GHB2017 are in the GHB2018 together with 6 new ones.

8 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

That and the likelihood that Moonclan will follow, based on some WHC rumour engines, vague hints from GW-affiliated painters and interpretation of FW updating the pages for some of their squiggly beasts. It seems likely. That'd make three of the four hinting at future factions.

There's also the presence of the Darkoath as the antagonist faction of marauders in the new AoS Warhammer Adventures children's/YA books: https://warhammeradventures.com/age-of-sigmar/ It's not a slam dunk - they're sort of generic enough that they serve as a viable enemy without inflicting Nurgle or Slaanesh on younger readers - but it's something.

• Like 1

Don't you guys think that if they were going to make a Darkoath faction they would have given the Darkoath Warqueen a "Darkoath" keyword?   

Also, slaves to darkness has so many models, but no battletome. You think they would do a release for a subfaction of that and leave StD in the dust?  No way. 

If anything, STD gets a battletome and some models. They can all be "Darkoath" themed maybe.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Don't you guys think that if they were going to make a Darkoath faction they would have given the Darkoath Warqueen a "Darkoath" keyword?   

Also, slaves to darkness has so many models, but no battletome. You think they would do a release for a subfaction of that and leave StD in the dust?  No way. 

If anything, STD gets a battletome and some models. They can all be "Darkoath" themed maybe.  

Right, I could see a re-skinning of Slaves to Darkness *as* Darkoath, that might be something they could do.  That seems at least as likely as an interpretation of what's been happening.

Edited by amysrevenge
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

They'll introduce that with a battletome. The lord-ordinator doesn't have a sacrosanct key word right now but I expect they'll add it

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

I think Darkoath may end up being a rebrand for Slaves of Darkness.  Slaves of Darkness seems like a faction where if they put out a full Battletome they may be likely to replace half the kits in the faction with newer ones.  Maybe it ends up just being a name applied to a few heroes, maybe it becomes  a keyword, or it might simply become the name of the allegiance and they drop Slaves of Darkness.

• Like 1

Here is some more info on the Endless Spells.  Endless spell costs will range from 20 to 100 points, with a handful (3) of the endless spells clocking in at 20 points and Purple Sun being the only spell to clock in at 100 points.  The new Balewind Vortex comes in at 40 points.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Here is some more info on the Endless Spells.  Endless spell costs will range from 20 to 100 points, with a handful (3) of the endless spells clocking in at 20 points and Purple Sun being the only spell to clock in at 100 points.  The new Balewind Vortex comes in at 40 points.

That sounds like a good range, but I really hope the Balewind is not accurate. If there was one warscroll that did not need a reduction in AoS 1 it’s the Balewind 

1 minute ago, Charles said:

That sounds like a good range, but I really hope the Balewind is not accurate. If there was one warscroll that did not need a reduction in AoS 1 it’s the Balewind 

I assure you that 40 points is its new cost.  That said, it now only extends range by 6" and grants one additional spell per round to be able to be cast.  It can also now be dispelled on a 6+.  So it is quite different.

5 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I assure you that 40 points is its new cost.  That said, it now only extends range by 6" and grants one additional spell per round to be able to be cast.  It can also now be dispelled on a 6+.  So it is quite different.

It should have a rule where if dispelled then the wizard plummets from on-high and lands on his face and takes a mortal wound.  This needs to happen if only because the mental image is hilarious.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

It also gives plus 1 dave to the wizard on top (that's a typo should say "save" but I like plus one "dave" more)

Plus you can charge models that are on top of it so they are no longer immune to combat 

It's really a totally different spell 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

It also gives plus 1 dave to the wizard on top (that's a typo should say "save" but I like plus one "dave" more)

Plus you can charge models that are on top of it so they are no longer immune to combat 

It's really a totally different spell 

Ah thats the blissful feeling of something being fixed right - its a nice bonus but its not game breaking in the wrong hands any more ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Marius said:

Ah thats the blissful feeling of something being fixed right - its a nice bonus but its not game breaking in the wrong hands any more ?

Totally agree

Will make playing against the Gaunt Summoner and chums so much more palatable!

32 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

+++ Mod Hat On+++

can you please decide which topic you are posting these in. I know you are excited but I don’t want to see this again. Choose one topic to put your rumour info in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On+++

can you please decide which topic you are posting these in. I know you are excited but I don’t want to see this again. Choose one topic to put your rumour info in. 

Ok. I will consolidate all future rumor info/leaks to this rumor thread. 

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Thanks 1