The Rumour Thread

I expect new Beasts of Nurgle, the art that looks like small GUOs is attached to the lore for Beasts of Nurgle.

Prime reason why I do see them updating these comes from them being non-character finecast, Snailbro wanting them and them serving a great purpose for 40K and AoS in the form of guarddog-like character protection. Death Guard is also full of characters so to me that all adds up.

Thing is, they could also do this much later next year. 

Both the feather and the parchment sort of remind me of the old empire and are yet different, so that points to Free People. I think if the herald for Death is part of a pattern, then we can asume that the other heralds may also be from factions that will not get an update anytime soon, which we know by GHB 2017 Free People belong to. So Free People Herald of Order for Malignant Portants is my bet.

Edit: Also, there is a short article on factions in Shadespire:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/the-factions-of-shadespire-sneak-peekgw-homepage-post-3/

Shadespire-Factions-Image1jrcn.jpg

Nothing really new in that picture. The most interesting bit is that there are Skaven and their Clan is kind of hard to pin down, the front one is entirely generic, the middle one looks like Eshin (I do not think we have seen punching daggers on any other Skaven) and the one in the back more like Pestilens.

Edited by Rogue Explorator

34 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Again i think gw begs for criticism. We really need 2 stormcasts and 2 bloodbound bands at the very start of the game? They make the game more interesting rather than elves, grots or other chaos forces? I just don't get it. 

If I were GW I'd be doing it now just to wind up those who cannot be happy when others get something and interpret all rumour pics as their own faction:

At first I thought it was a starship engine or plasma cannon like you but now I see it might be the rear end of an aelvish lion!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

Again i think gw begs for criticism. We really need 2 stormcasts and 2 bloodbound bands at the very start of the game? They make the game more interesting rather than elves, grots or other chaos forces? I just don't get it. 

im not actually surpised that they would be doing more stormcast or bloodbound. i dont think they are going to be any differnt from how we have a human and orc team in the bloodbowl box as well as indvidual team that people can purchase with new models.

also i wonder if they are going to do what they did for bloodbowl and give us a book with new warband rules etc

Apparently I am the only one to read it that way, but as far as I can tell nowhere in that article does it say that the picture represents an exact lineup of the next few  Shadespire factions.

Maybe we should wait for an official reveal before we pull our hair out over even more Stormcast and Bloodbound releases?

As well, I do not think if GW plans to preview something like an entirely new aelf faction, they would announce that via an artwork reveal.

This is no more than a teaser, it certainly does not tell us what isn't coming out or a timetable, just gives us an idea on what additional releases might bring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Apparently I am the only one to read it that way, but as far as I can tell nowhere in that article does it say that the picture represents an exact lineup of the next few  Shadespire factions.

Maybe we should wait for an official reveal before we pull our hair out over even more Stormcast and Bloodbound releases?

As well, I do not think if GW plans to preview something like an entirely new aelf faction, they would announce that via an artwork reveal.

This is no more than a teaser, it certainly does not tell us what isn't coming out or a timetable, just gives us an idea on what additional releases might bring.

im going to go with this, as the art does not show new and unique versions of these factions unlike the reveals we have had. so im willing to bet that vulkite berzerkers, blood warriors, skaven clanrats and vanguard hunters will be usable as organized play promotions. im going to assume that cards to play these models in shadespire will be available for people who participate in stores, similar to other companies like ffg with x-wing!

55 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

GW very rarely put out spoilers in a different order to release. Like, they wouldn't put out a picture of Fyreslayers and Stormcast, and then go, SURPRISE, it's actually Seraphon first. It's just not in their MO. It's in the same vein that in all the artwork you see in the battletomes, you never see something GW doesn't want you to see. You don't see any art of the factions that haven't played a role in AoS to date (So no Free Peoples, Aelves of various kinds, Ogors, etc).

As for the content. I'm a little disappointed that they're not stepping outside their 'major faction' bounds. Especially if you can't 'sub out' models in your warband, I don't think we need a second Stormcast and Bloodbound warbands this early. Shadespire seemed like a good opportunity to give some focus to the factions that haven't gotten any model love so far, but it looks like GW are just playing to their favourites. 

At least with Death and Destruction they don't have many avenues left open in terms of that, so we could see some surprises in those warbands (Although, if I were to guess it'd probably be Flesh-Eater Courts and Bonesplitterz). Perhaps third phase will have more interesting and unique warbands.

• Like 2

So a few things.

1- on the Facebook page someone asked about Seraphon. GW said the art 'might not be everyone' 

2- regarding the extra Stormcast and Blood Warriors, someone suggested that they might be expansion characters. GW replied 'the plot thickens' 

This is actually kind of exciting. Expansion Vampire anyone?

3- Shadespire is season 1 of Warhammer Underworlds. On warhammer TV Vince said the starter came with 96 cards which were marked as part of a series of 431.

Take away a few cards for expansion characters etc and you have 8 warbands each with about 50 cards.

4- That strongly suggests that we have 2 warbands from season 1 and maybe some more characters yet to be revealed. 

• Like 3

Yeah, for the record, I'm perfectly fine if the Stormcast/Blood Warriors are expansion character type stuff. I'll honestly be overjoyed if that's the case, because I think in a miniatures game, you want the ability to customise which miniatures you take, not just the cards in your deck.

I guess the other thing is the Shadespire release pace may be faster than what we're used to. We're used to releases that span 2-3 weeks, with battletomes and an array of new miniatures. But Shadespire warbands are only 3-7~ish model warbands after all. If you can't tweak the models in your warband, I think it'll still be fine if we get our initial 4-6 warbands straight off the bat, and then they release 1-2 new warbands every month.

If nothing else it's exciting to see Skaven getting some love! Will be very interesting to see how GW handles the rats (and their, ahem, "friendship" with the rest of Chaos) going forward...

And if that pic really is an accurate representation of the warbands in Shadespire... then put me down for the Nagash warband :D

Not entirely sure why anyone is getting het up about seeing more Stormcast/Bloodbound?  It's a handful of models for a game that's standalone from the main AoS one!  Khorne hasn't actually had a model release for months either.

I think Shadespire looks really interesting as a concept - I'm looking forward to seeing what price entry point we could expect for the warbands?  My gut feeling is it'll be one or maybe two sprues containing the entire warband in the smallest box GW use (similar size to the new Skulls box), so could be around £15/20.  But only a month to wait from the looks of it :D  If the pricing is right we could see a "got to get them all" attitude - and lots and lots of conversion potential for our main armies!