Mitzy's Destruction Army The Meatmen of Mitzmanheim

Mitzy

So Destruction huh... I rebased my Ogres the minute AoS dropped and have been using them exclusively until SCGT 2016 when I re-based my  demons.

But before this madness began (don't we all just love re-basing an entire army!) I had bought some Orcs to add to my Ogres. The Orcs will be painted up in the same scheme as the Ogres (The Meat Men ofMitzmanheim) and are slowly coming together.

Here are some photos of what is finished and a couple of wip shots of my troll unit.

image.png

image.png

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers chaps, I am so loving the Orruks and getting them done is really enjoyable. I am SO excited for the new minis and will be pre-ordered everything tomorrow morning :) I'll add more photos as the army comes together but probably need to move the thread to the painting section...

Anyway how are those AoS dice serving you?

1 hour ago, The Ogre Stronghold said:

Me too! :o

The Gore-gruntas may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like 'em and they'll fit perfectly with my new army theme.

Totally agree, a unit of them flanked by my Pig Boyz will be a force to reckoned with! Well they'll look mighty pretty (in Orruk terms obviously)!

My favourite non-GW troll is from Reaper's Pathfinder line.  Size fits well with the old metal GW trolls (smaller than the River Trolls).  Soon to be available in Bones, for now just in metal.

ETA:  I only have 1 metal one right now - once they are past the kickstarter stage and up for sale I think I'll buy 6 or 9 of them in Bones.

000 troll.jpg

On 4/28/2016 at 6:53 PM, DeadlySarcasm said:

Wow I've never even considered using LOTR trolls in my O&G army, they are so much nicer than the standard troll model (not the river trolls, i love my river trolls).

How do they size up?

They work really well as it goes, but they look a bit stupid on a 40mm base therefore I mounted mine on 50mm ones, disadvantaging myself maybe but the aestetic looks better in my opinion. Here is a photo for size comparison to the new Orruk Mega Boss.

IMG_0202.PNG

On 4/28/2016 at 7:15 PM, amysrevenge said:

My favourite non-GW troll is from Reaper's Pathfinder line.  Size fits well with the old metal GW trolls (smaller than the River Trolls).  Soon to be available in Bones, for now just in metal.

ETA:  I only have 1 metal one right now - once they are past the kickstarter stage and up for sale I think I'll buy 6 or 9 of them in Bones.

000 troll.jpg

Yeah that's a nice troll! Because I'm going to be attending Throne of Skulls with this army I'll have to stick to GW minis for this project but there are some great alternatives out there for sure!

Oh and over the weekend I finished my 1st Orruk mini from the latest release, I have to retake the photo this evening as the one I posted on Twitter as finished had not been finished at all! As soon as I posted it up I realised that his tongue hadn't been painted and he had no blood spatter....... For the love of Gork and Mork, whoever heard of an Orruk cleaning the blood off himself for a photo?

Pic to follow this evening...

So here he is Warboss Ellviz (blue Pig Iron shoes and all), see every good Warboss knows that boots are made for stompin' and Ellviz likes his enemy to see his boots as they rain down on their skull!

Enjoy...

Ps, his 60mm Sarissa base is in the post so he is borrowing a 40mm for now :)

image.png

Just now, Ben said:

I've not seen a bad colour scheme on this guy yet! He always looks amazing. 

I totally agree, he's a pleasure to paint, such a great mini! Warchanta and MawKrusha on the table for me now.

2016-05-02 20.27.10.jpg

Archived