Realms at War - Legends 18th-20th November PLAYERS EMAILED CHECK YOUR INBOX

Mitzy

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's it we're FULL.... We have 40 super fluffy hobby heroes all frantically preparing stunningly beautiful armies ready to embark on one hell of a narrative journey! Get your accommodation booked if you haven't already done so and prepare to party with us in Cambridge. I'ts going to be the best weekend of immersive hobby you've ever been part of...

There may only be one Legend crowned on day 2 but you are all Legends to me!

Cheers for all your support, Mitzy, @Thornshield, @Jimbo and @Devilreefman X

Rain lightly fell from the night sky as Old Mac sat in front of a roaring fireplace, casually rolling an oversized coin between his huge fingers. Smoke traced its way up and around the chimney stack, which ended in a jagged array of broken brickwork and stone, the walls of the inn in similar disarray following the decades that it had stood abandoned and ruined following some raid or attack that had happened half a lifetime ago.

His brothers, Doh, Nald, Haddah and Farmm were laid about the place, finishing off the remainder of the horse that they had just consumed. The hapless rider having been devoured as a barbaric appetiser to the main event that had followed thereafter.

Old Mac looked about himself to make sure that the Ironjawz mercenaries he had hired were keeping themselves in line and the herd in sight. Satisfied, he looked beyond the gore grunta riders to the sleeping forms of his herd and a combination of both pride and arrogance filled him. One let out a belch of gigantic proportions, resonating what was left of the ramshackle inn so much that a brick toppled to the floor, throwing up a splat of mud. The gore gruntas whickered and let out snuffles and snorts, whilst his brothers’ four majestic mournfang barely took notice.

Old Mac came from a tribe of farmers, and had raised countless animals of varying sizes. The prodigious mournfang were notoriously difficult to keep in check, with tempers rivalled by little in the land save the mighty stonehorn, but he had done it. He was the greatest farmer in the land, and would prove it even more so with his latest - and by far his greatest - herding achievement.

“Genius”, Old Mac thought to himself. He had devised a way of combining the satisfaction of farming with the unending revenue and eating spree that comes with raiding. A method of doing the two things he craved the most at the same time. All he had needed to do, was find a particularly drunk Aleguzzler Gargant (known from here onwards as Giant) and convince it that it was of a more… bovine nature.

He achieved this through the subtle use of whispering to it while it lay sleeping in a drunken stupor and with the cunning use of cowbells. It’s amazing what you can convince a creature with a decidedly less than average IQ.

‘King Bull’ had awoken after five nights of hearing phrases like “You are a strong and independent cow” and instead of grunting and scratching his overly sized nether regions as normal, he had let out a bellowing “MOOOOOOO!” instead. The following weeks had been spent gathering up similarly simple minded giants to join the herd. Four more had been found thus far, and it was only a matter of time before more would come into the fold.

Old Mac slipped back and fell to sleep, the final thought going through his mind that he was udderly brilliant…

As daylight broke, his brothers and mercenaries were up and about getting their mounts ready for the ride ahead. The giants were awake and milling about, nudging each other and giving out muted moo noises.

Old Mac lifted himself up, dusted off his trusty Stetson before placing it upon his huge head.

“You ready for some lootin’ and eatin’ lads?!”, he bellowed?

A rowdy cheer leapt up from his posse of wrangler mercenaries whilst Old Mac, Doh, Nald, Haddah and Farmm let out their customary war chant, “EE-AYE-EE-AYE-OH!!”

5 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Congrats on selling out guys! Great work :D @Thornshield@Jimbo@Mitzy@Devilreefman

Not sure if I confirmed previously, but I have decided to go DEATH for this weekend and use the event as an excuse to finish of my Flesh-eaters; The Venetian Court.

Sweet, looking forward to seeing them in action, one army I've never faced!

10 hours ago, Royemunson said:

so, just to confirm, i could if i want, take my whole 2500pts and not have any battleline units in it? and have as many monsters as i want?

You could, but would have a horrible (or silly fun) weekend where the scenarios just won't work without Heroes, troops and generally a mixed force to choose from. 

1 hour ago, Thornshield said:

You could, but would have a horrible (or silly fun) weekend where the scenarios just won't work without Heroes, troops and generally a mixed force to choose from. 

Woah woah woah. Is this your way of telling me that my ultimate farming/wrangling/moo-ing machine may not actually be competitive in any way, shape or form?!

2 hours ago, Thornshield said:

Well am more thinking of an all flying flesh eater court.... so technically i could have battleline, if i pick the right model to be the general 

3 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Cheeky little Knight Venator in there....

There is a fluffy story behind him being with the army. His name is Barius Arrowstorm, Knight Venator of the Hammerhands. His Brotherhood all got reforged during the season of war leaving just him behind. He is now stuck with the Wolves of Ghur, not able to return to Sigmar. So he fights with his new brothers until the day he can return... plus the models awesome and his rules are awesome too! 

Gulug the Cunnin

Gulug is unusual amongst his kindred in that he is dead cunnin. He can find a way not only to survive through battles and the typical orruk infighting, but also through experiences that would be the death of most.

Take the battle of the ruined towers for example. A host of Khorne Warriors had swamped his little raiding party and were about to pulverise them to dust after a lengthy scrap. One good tap on the right loose stone and Gulug managed to start a chain reaction of toppled towers that landed on the fighters. Of course it also squashed the rest of his lads too but you can always find more boys that want a good rumble.

So now Gulug is rising through the ranks and bringing all sorts of orruks beneath his banner, maybe even a few ogors are sensing a good meal. Only problem is that the megabosses are starting to notice him, and that ain't always a good thing….

On 9/14/2016 at 3:51 PM, Mitzy said:

Just emailed all of you with some information about the event, please check your inbox and junk/spam filters please and add us to your whitelist. You really don't want to miss our emails going forward...

Cheers Mitzy.

Can I check my email address is right? Should be jonathanrpyke@gmail.com   - checked my inbox, spam etc and can't seem to see anything!

Archived