Canadians for AOS!

CanHammerChris

Hi Chris, 

thanks for posting this.  

It would be great if you could make a post with links to any of the current Canadian communities.  Check out some of the other international sections to see what other people are doing.  

Thanks
Ben 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Dan from Ottawa ( @CanHammerChris — the English guy that popped out to the first CCBB to say 'hi'). I tend to play with a small group of friends due to time constraints. I am going to see about getting out to CCBB seeing as it is so close.

Edited by Motley

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice to meet you Mark!  I have a baby on the way so cannot game much right now, but my brother and a few others play in Ottawa.  We are all preparing for www.capitalcitybloodbath.com we are using the new GW points and it has 2 catered meals.  It will be a good event.  

Edited by CanHammerChris

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/3/2016 at 2:27 PM, Motley said:

I'm Dan from Ottawa ( @CanHammerChris — the English guy that popped out to the first CCBB to say 'hi'). I tend to play with a small group of friends due to time constraints. I am going to see about getting out to CCBB seeing as it is so close.

Hey Dan, where do you play in Ottawa? I'm just getting into AoS and looking for more places to play. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 1:45 PM, Hankster said:

Hey Dan, where do you play in Ottawa? I'm just getting into AoS and looking for more places to play. 

We are just a small group of friends playing at each others houses.

I think there are people that play at the GW store over the weekend and I think Fandom II downtown has some gaming tables in the basement, although I have never looked down there. I am not sure what, if anything, else is around. I feel there must be enough people seem to buy GW stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motley said:

We are just a small group of friends playing at each others houses.

I think there are people that play at the GW store over the weekend and I think Fandom II downtown has some gaming tables in the basement, although I have never looked down there. I am not sure what, if anything, else is around. I feel there must be enough people seem to buy GW stuff.

We have a pretty regular game Saturday mornings/afternoons at FDB in Gatineau. None of our group has a table at their place. 

Swing by and join in some Saturday if you like.  

• 2 months later...

Winnipeg - There's a GW store that is actually a decent size with more than one table for customer use and is usually busy on Saturdays.  GameKnight has tons of table space and terrain and on Fridays they are open til midnight.

On Facebook there's a Winnipeg War Council group that has a monthly thing as well as running AoS "Bunker Buster" events that are capped at 12 participants.

There's also a group of us that mostly do Narrative/Open at people's houses.  A friend rents out the multi purpose room in his building once a month for some gaming.  PM me if anyone ever wants details on that sort of thing.

Edited by Nin Win

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ottawa/Gatineau folks, I'm moving back there in April and will be looking to learn the ropes of the game as i haven't played AoS yet haha.

@Hankster, is the gaming at FDB done in English or French or both? i figure it would be best to learn in english before i give french gaming a try haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Scene is resurrecting in BC (Vancouver) and the PNW. I am helping push the scene from CHOP! in North Vancouver. Our Metrovancouver facebook page has around 150 people following it now

Upcoming events:

Tshft
https://cascadiachamp.com/product/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-ticket-2019/ (US based - 27 players atm. 3rd.4th August)

OFCC
https://www.ordofanaticus.com/store/product/75-2019-ofcc-age-of-sigmar-itc-tournament-sat-and-sun/ (US based, 10th/11th August)

Attack X
http://www.attack-x.com/ (Canada based - 14th/15th September)

Kippers Melee 
https://kippersmelee.ca/ (Canada based - 26th/27th October - my return tournament)