Carnelian's painting log

Carnelian

I thought if I kept a record here it would help me to keep motivated!

I'm not aiming for golden demon, just to get my bag log of models painted so I can start buying new stuff again! 

Finding myself with an unexpected Friday evening, I put on some bbc nature documentaries about wales and dolphins and achieved the attached skeletons.

They are very old models I painted very badly a long time ago and have a lot of mould lines. I thought I'd re-spray right over the top of the last paint job and give them a quick drying brush job as a test for my first foray into Death (so far all I have painted for AoS are my Hallowed Knights).

Hopefully I'll get another unit finished by next week!

20160730_001917.jpg

This takes me back to 5th/6th edition undead/vampire counts (if that us indeed where these guys are from?) They look just excellent on round bases and really give the minis a new lease of life (or should that be unlife?) What's next for your 'Death' army?

I'm too lazy to strip them as they are so fiddly already. Sprayed zandri dust directly over previous paint job and they turned out alright in the first picture.  

Just found this guy. No memor of painting him. What was I thinking? Were psychedelic empire skeletons the craze in the 2000s?

20160731_170922.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so it's taken me almost 3 weeks to get round to finishing another 10 skeletons but at least now I've finished one of the units in my anticipated 1k army list. Woohoo!

Here they are in all their glory, now with full command.  My Champion has a bright hat still but has been somewhat toned down compared to the above!

I do want another 20 man skeleton unit (with spears) for my 1k but I might paint something else first...Hopefully it won't take me another 3 weeks!

20160819_001120.jpg

20160819_001117.jpg

20160819_001103.jpg

20160819_001056.jpg

That disco skellie looks pretty sweet if you ask me ^^ Have to agree with ademo though, looking really good on round bases. Makes me wanna take a look in my own drawers!

Love the teaser at the end too. What's in the box!?

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Also the pictures posted in my previous comments in this thread  seem to have disappeared? Is there any way I can get them back? or can other people still see them?

Ben is working on that; seems to have happened to everyone's blogs when using the upload function on the site.

Anyway, those models are awesome.  You've done a great job with them - the blue specifically looks great against the gold.  I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Unbelievable news guys - i have more hobby progress to report and its not even been two months! 

My second unit of 20 skeletons, this time with spears is complete. this means i now have 40 skeletons to go with the three necropolis knights - a solid base of 480 points. now to finish my tomb king amd tomb guard and I can throw in a pre existing vampire and necromancer and call this army done for the time being!

20161120_113234.jpg

20161120_113229.jpg

20161120_113216.jpg

20161120_113206.jpg

20161120_113138.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK so here's the latest update!

This is my 1k force now completed:

1 Tomb King

10 Tomb Guard

3 Necropolis Knights

20 skeletons with spears

20 skeletons with swords

And throw in an old Vampire and Necromancer model and there you have it!

So what's next for me? well I'm painting a few tyranids and wood elves and I hope to get them all finished by January!

Will post again soon

20161204_140404.jpg

20161204_140401.jpg

20161204_140355.jpg

20161204_140350.jpg

20161204_140346.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Having finished a flyrant and fex for 40k, hopefully I'll find time over the Christmas holiday to paint 15 waywatchers and a waywatcher Lord. The models are old metal and the mould lines are painful but they still look totally awesome imo. I've decided how to paint the cloaks (going with the tone from the guy in the middle of the pic) which was the main thing. Everything else quite simple. Not completely sure about the red leaves as it stands but I think it's a good idea to have a rich red tone against the green and then brighter bows.

Kind comments always welcome!

20161221_230314.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ademo said:

These guys are coming together v nicely! What bloodbowl team you running? A group of us have got into it big time - it's a bladt! Had a chance to play much?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. 

After much deliberation I got bloodbowl for christmas  (it was that or silvertower). 

I'm running a human team in the HATE club (hackney area tabletop enthusiasts) Stench Bowl league. I'm super excited but I might be awful at it! I'll share a pic of my team when they're finished but I'm not putting nearly as much effort in to them.

• 4 weeks later...

So this month I've been working on my hive tyrant and bloodbowl human team and I hope you don't mind me sharing those photos here even though it's not strictly AoS. 

I've only done the highlights on a single bloodbowl player but will do a few more before my next league match in March. Hopefully I will also have an Ogre by then too!

20170225_091412.jpg

20170225_091353.jpg

20170225_091334.jpg

So I finished my February painting contract which was Alarielle (old version) and Orion.

I had good fun painting them and manged to do it in only a few hours really. I did break and then lose a bit or Orion's antlers when I dropped him which is super annoying but I plan to find some other antler and add it to him.

This might involve purchasing a box of wild riders. I have loved those models for a long time and they look like they have antlers to spare.

Any other suggestions for models with spare antlers would be much appreciated.

20170228_084237.jpg

20170228_084143.jpg

My plan for March is fairly limited for AoS: the Errant-Questor (which I am hoping to get from Warhammer World shortly) and the free White Dwarf slaughterpriest (if I can find the damn thing). I'm also 

I'm planning to go for a very pale Slaughterpriest, not the usual red but more a ghoulish pale skin and black cloth (with perhaps Golden/reddish trim).

The Errant-Questor will be painted to go with my Hallowed Knights army, pictures of which were above bt disappeared.  I might add them in again at some point later.

As well as those two I'll be painting a bloodbowl ogre, a mawloc and 4 genestealer cult aberrants. 

Should be quite a varied March! 

Archived