Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

23 hours ago, Trayanee said:

Do you guys think its gone for good? Well, that would be sad, but I just hope it is not the beginning of an end for the whole LoA range.

Edit: Is it possible they removed it because they have a new model prepared to replace it?

I don't think we necessarily have to worry about it being the end of the whole model range either. I mean it is possible but they discontinued the siege giant model years ago and that didn't mean the end of the army.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I realized a fun synergyI thought I would post, it's kinda one of those situations where the stars have to line up but it could be devestating to monsters, which almost everyone runs in AoS cause the models are pretty. It works best with the new prophecy points, you need:

• brick of 30 fireglaives
  • Castellan
  • The Falling Star malign portant sign
  • Lord of War command trait

if you are up against a real monster heavy list you can put lord of war (on a 3+ now of course :( ) on the fireglaives then also spend 5 prophecy points in the falling star to see the Second Sign of Amul. Each of these individually grants +1 to hit which you should be able to stack since they are from different sources. Then the fireglaives get a +1 to wound against monsters naturally when combined with the Castellan's command ability would put them at +2 to hit and +2 to wound. 30 shots hitting and wounding on 2's then any 4+ to wound would also deal double damage. I don't think it is something you'd want to build your entire list around but if you did you could add in the warhost battalion and the BSB to make it hitting on 2's wounding on 2's and rerolling all ones with half of the wounding hits dealing double damage. Each of the bonuses could also be thrown on any of our awesome ranged models to improve them, I'm just up against a 20 wound forgeworld model tomorrow so I was considering the +1 to wound against monsters and double damage lol. I doubt I'll change my list all the way overnight to include this I just thought it was a cool synergy to playtest and maybe impliment in the future. Let me know what you think.

1 hour ago, Trayanee said:

I thought so as I don't see it much in lists posted here. I just find its warscroll tempting because on paper with the bonus damage on large units it should help fighting all those FOTM blobs of vulkites, skinks and witch elves.

1 hour ago, Browncoat89 said:

it's not significantly different from the Deathshrieker. Both are fun.

yes they are,  however I've found them to be considerably different insofar that the Dreadquake even if it kills one model it stops the unit from running in the next turn.

"In addition, a unit targeted by a Dreadquake Bomb cannot run in its next turn if any its models were slain."  Super handy vs large units that don't want to hang around and need to close with you quickly.

Bull centaur aside, this army always has been about its artillery, it hits hard and it hits easily, so we want to keep them at range as long as we can and wear them down that way.  We also have the blessing for now of not having separate crew stats (my poor hellcannons aside).but they no longer exist now anyway, even as a substitute warscroll.

5 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

Yeah I agree with you a battletome is a real longshot. Like I said just a wish. The army has just been such an investment of money I wish they would just solidify it in the new system with at least one update ya know? Just so we could know we can reliably play it moving forward for a long time and maybe have just a few allegiance abilities and what not. But yes I agree with you it's very wishful thinking.

i totally agree.  its pretty bonkers that they haven't pushed the legion more than just keeping it going.  I really hope that it's a thing for them rather than a line which will slwoly phase out as the molds give up.  We're a considerably large and more importantly loyal customer  base.

7 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

yes they are,  however I've found them to be considerably different insofar that the Dreadquake even if it kills one model it stops the unit from running in the next turn.

"In addition, a unit targeted by a Dreadquake Bomb cannot run in its next turn if any its models were slain."  Super handy vs large units that don't want to hang around and need to close with you quickly.

Bull centaur aside, this army always has been about its artillery, it hits hard and it hits easily, so we want to keep them at range as long as we can and wear them down that way.  We also have the blessing for now of not having separate crew stats (my poor hellcannons aside).but they no longer exist now anyway, even as a substitute warscroll.

yeah I agree with you 100% and that's why I have always run the mortar rather than the rocket launcher. I was gonna pick up a couple deathshriekers but after the point drop now the mortars are only 40 points more than the deathshriekers haha. 

My list for my first turnament this weekend

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Daemonsmith (100)
- Pyre Rune Staff
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (200)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
6 x Bull Centaur Renders (360)
- Scalding Great Weapon
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)

On 3/15/2018 at 12:31 PM, Entombet said:

My list for my first turnament this weekend

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Daemonsmith (100)
- Pyre Rune Staff
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (200)
6 x Bull Centaur Renders (360)
- Scalding Great Weapon
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)

I'd personally drop 3 centaurs, bring Ironsworn up to x 30, and add another Magma Cannon.  It works very well imo, and is exactly what I like to run.  

3 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I'd personally drop 3 centaurs, bring Ironsworn up to x 30, and add another Magma Cannon.  It works very well imo, and is exactly what I like to run.  

Sadly dont hawe 3 magmas atm. My first turnament ended before 1st game, guy droped on the ground my 2 centaurs and skullcracker.

20 minutes ago, Entombet said:

Sadly dont hawe 3 magmas atm. My first turnament ended before 1st game, guy droped on the ground my 2 centaurs and skullcracker.

That's really a  sad story to read. I am sorry for you. I can imagine the centaurs somehow survived, but the Skullcracker...how does it look now?

3 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

That's really a  sad story to read. I am sorry for you. I can imagine the centaurs somehow survived, but the Skullcracker...how does it look now?

I dont think ill salvage him. Now i w8 if guy hawe spine and will refund him.

1 hour ago, Entombet said:

I dont think ill salvage him. Now i w8 if guy hawe spine and will refund him.

lets hope so.  You might want to give the guy's name to forgeworld - since they can't be bothered to make anymore they may as well buy them from him!

Pictures of it painted when you have finished it :)

I just noticed how crazy the massive regiment discount is for ironsworn, I'm tempted to get at least 2 or maybe 3 units of 30. I'm guessing the reason more people don't do this is that it will cost £129 per unit and not that ironsworn are not good. I was considering  ordering 3 Blackshard Warhosts since they are slightly cheaper than ordering everything seperatly but would I have a use for 60 firglaves? Would it be better to get 2 Warhosts and 2 sets of ironsworn? 

5 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I just noticed how crazy the massive regiment discount is for ironsworn, I'm tempted to get at least 2 or maybe 3 units of 30. I'm guessing the reason more people don't do this is that it will cost £129 per unit and not that ironsworn are not good. I was considering  ordering 3 Blackshard Warhosts since they are slightly cheaper than ordering everything seperatly but would I have a use for 60 firglaves? Would it be better to get 2 Warhosts and 2 sets of ironsworn? 

The fireglaves are great units too. They can dish out some damage, and their single use bomb is great.

On 3/19/2018 at 9:38 AM, NemoVonUtopia said:

I always advocate a maximum sized unit of Ironsworn.  Their stickiness when buffed and with Insipiring Presence is great.

2 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I've ordered 2 Blackshard warhosts, daemonsmiths, and iron demon, and magma cannon. I'm going to play a few game proxying bull centaurs and fireborn to see if I want to focus on that or infantry and artillery. Still haven't thought of a paint scheme yet though.

In my personal opinion the infantry is really great, but the artillery is AMAZING lol. I typically don't run my army unless I have filled all 4 artillery slots in a 2k point battle lol. Not to mention in the lore there really weren't a ton of dwarven infantry in their armies anyway. It was mostly goblins (which we can't run anymore) and artillery. The biggest rule though is always just to pick what you will have the most fun with man. It's your army, you'll spend a lot of money on them and a lot of time with them so just do what you love most after testing them out. Happy play testing!!

19 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

In my personal opinion the infantry is really great, but the artillery is AMAZING lol. I typically don't run my army unless I have filled all 4 artillery slots in a 2k point battle lol. Not to mention in the lore there really weren't a ton of dwarven infantry in their armies anyway. It was mostly goblins (which we can't run anymore) and artillery. The biggest rule though is always just to pick what you will have the most fun with man. It's your army, you'll spend a lot of money on them and a lot of time with them so just do what you love most after testing them out. Happy play testing!!

I've started running 3 Magma Cannons, but am looking into sneaking a 4th Artillery piece in there.  It's hard to fit the melee heavy hitters in without sacrificing from somewhere else :( 

How are deathshriekers performing for you ppl? I quite like the attack profile but wish it had more rend, because many key targets have multiple layers of protection and its hard to deliver wounds to them. I want some long range threat to support heroes and its either these or Dreadquakes.

1 minute ago, Trayanee said:

How are deathshriekers performing for you ppl? I quite like the attack profile but wish it had more rend, because many key targets have multiple layers of protection and its hard to deliver wounds to them. I want some long range threat to support heroes and its either these or Dreadquakes.

Deathshrikers have worked pretty well for me, and its great that they don't need line of sight either. On the other hand, the Dreadquake is one of my favorite models, but has been less than reliable in most of my games due to bad rolls. But its still nice to stop a unit from running (you know, if you actually hit them)...

I am getting in the our glorious stunty spiky dudes after being interested in them for some time. Any suggestions for directions to take a new force? 

I currently have 20 Fireglaives and some old school dwarf warriors that I am converting in to Ironguard, with a Castellan and Banner bearer on the way. Tips on war machines, centaurs etc? What do people find to be good?

26 minutes ago, Noomanator said:

I am getting in the our glorious stunty spiky dudes after being interested in them for some time. Any suggestions for directions to take a new force? 

I currently have 20 Fireglaives and some old school dwarf warriors that I am converting in to Ironguard, with a Castellan and Banner bearer on the way. Tips on war machines, centaurs etc? What do people find to be good?

Magmas x2 at least, iron daemon and skullcracker are also good.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:38 AM, Trayanee said:

They aren't terrible and are GREAT for taking out wizards... however, 3 attacks with D3 damage is a bit unpredictable for 120pts, so you need the Daemonsmith within 3" and some form of reoll support (Battle Standard Bearer), essentially making them cost 440pts to be moderately useful.

Archived