Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Ulgzhakar said:

I can't see how hobgoblins survived the End Times or how, if they did, DZ would suffer any to live... given their betrayal of DZ at the end.

I think we will have to settle for enslaving ordinary marauders, but it would be fun to be able to add "chaos" to greenskin war scrolls with a DZ general.

I think you’ll find that if they do a rewrite  theyll rename characters and rewrite the fluff.  Drazoath might well dissapear and thd knly certainty might well be shartor.

its currently a compendium army. So anything it contains is out of date in the aos timeline. 

Theyre reboxing stuff from plastic bags to boxes so who knows maybe in ten years time you might get a book out of it.

1 hour ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

As someone thinking of dumping alot of money on these guys, I have a few questions. My main one is, is there no love for the rocket launcher? It seems the magma cannon is more popular, I just wondered why. 

Rocket launchers are good character snipers as the rockets are essentially intelligent fireworks that hunt their prey down.  I like them and i use them in that role.

3 hours ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

As someone thinking of dumping alot of money on these guys, I have a few questions. My main one is, is there no love for the rocket launcher? It seems the magma cannon is more popular, I just wondered why. 

I love the rockets, but you need to take something like the battle standard bearer for the rerolls 1's to wound since you're probably going to be hero-hunting with them and need all the help you can get, plus they're tethered to the Daemonsmith for the +1 hit.  Magma Cannons can be towed within range with large war machines and do 3-6 mortal wounds @ a large range.  It really depends.  I personally run 2 x Deathshriekers but am starting to move away from them since they're less useful against Stormcast and many Chaos.

Heya guys

for a 1000 pts army focusing on bull centaurs, what do you think on this army?
I didn't bring Shar'tor cause his command ability is a bit meh.

Leaders

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
Daemonsmith (100) - Darkforged Weapon

Units
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180) -Scalding Hand Weapons
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180) -Scalding Hand Weapons 

Total: 820/1000

any ideas what to add for 180 pts? I was eyeing magma cannon or other warmachine that's pointed bellow 180 pts

3 hours ago, Perturabo said:

any ideas what to add for 180 pts? I was eyeing magma cannon or other warmachine that's pointed bellow 180 pts

How about an Iron Daemon?

I currently run this at 1000 pts

Daemonsmith (100)

- Darkforged Weapon

- General

- Trait: Cunning Deceiver

- Artefact: Chaos Talisman

6 x Bull Centaur Renders (360)

- Scalding Great Weapon

Iron Daemon War Engine (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000

Hello

I am the only Legion of Azgorh player in Korea.

In the near future, there will be a 750-point tournament.

I would like to hear your advice.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders

Daemonsmith (100)

- General
- Command Trait : Cunning Deceiver - Pyre Rune Staff

- Artefact : Chaos Talisman

Units

War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)

Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 740 /750
Allies: 0 / 200
Leaders: 2/4 Battlelines: 2 (2+) Behemoths: 0/2 Artillery: 2/2 Wounds: 44

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
- Scalding Great Weapon
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

I think I've settled on this list for now.  It's bittersweet giving up the Deathshriekers, but I think I'll survive.

I am still a little confused about infantry special options and heroes on foot. Can someone please answer me a few questions?

1) Is the battle standard bearer hero and icon bearer of ironsworn and fireglaives the same model from command set?

2) According to the product description there is a castellan in the command set and also a castellan in daemonsmiths set. Does it mean I am free to choose? What to do with the other one?

3) Do you use both icon bearer and musician in each of your fireglaives and ironsworn units? It gets a little expensive that way...

Thanks a lot for your knowledge :)

7 hours ago, Trayanee said:

I am still a little confused about infantry special options and heroes on foot. Can someone please answer me a few questions?

1) Is the battle standard bearer hero and icon bearer of ironsworn and fireglaives the same model from command set?

2) According to the product description there is a castellan in the command set and also a castellan in daemonsmiths set. Does it mean I am free to choose? What to do with the other one?

3) Do you use both icon bearer and musician in each of your fireglaives and ironsworn units? It gets a little expensive that way...

Thanks a lot for your knowledge :)

1) There is no standard bearer and musician for the individual infantry units. So you would have to either get a couple of command sets if you want it to be official or convert something. I just got one command set and used it as my BSB personally.

2)  The two different castellans models are two different weapon load outs. One kit comes with the hand weapon and the pistol, the other comes with the great weapon. So for the most part it isn't just preference or what you are going to run if people get picky in your area about wusiwug stuff. 

So excited!  I just placed my order to officially join the Legion!  On the way is Draz, Skullcracker, Iron Daemon, 2 magma cannons, 2 deathshriekers, 2 dreadquakes, Taur'uk, Shartor, 9 Renders, 4 infernal command, 30 fireglaives, 10 infernal, and the daemonsmiths.  Looking forward to getting the resin building underway, and posting here in the future.  All Hail Hashut!

11 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Are you running 2 or 3 battleline?  How many artillery are allowed?

I currently have 2 units of fireglaves and 1 infernal infernal guard in my list. Nothing was said about Arty, but I'll be bringing a magma and rocket launcher.

6 minutes ago, Lorax said:

So excited!  I just placed my order to officially join the Legion!  On the way is Draz, Skullcracker, Iron Daemon, 2 magma cannons, 2 deathshriekers, 2 dreadquakes, Taur'uk, Shartor, 9 Renders, 4 infernal command, 30 fireglaives, 10 infernal, and the daemonsmiths.  Looking forward to getting the resin building underway, and posting here in the future.  All Hail Hashut!

Good luck fellow legionnaire! Glory to Hashut! 

9 minutes ago, Lorax said:

well done on getting a skullcracker.

Archived