Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

Cheers @swarmofseals

Ive come around and begun to purchase my list. After a few practice games here and there this is my end result

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Leaders
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Daemonsmith (100)
- General
- Darkforged Weapon
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods

Battleline
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (320)
- Allies
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch(40)
- Allies
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch(40)
- Allies

War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 400 / 400

Draz is a very funny guy, he’s ok in every phase of the game but doesn’t really stand out in any of them. From my experience and from reading into the forum and especially @Ben tournament recaps I’ve found his Movement characteristic should be the main reason to include him in a list. 

Ps sorry to the die hard pure LOA players but the enlightened are too handy not to include.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FERRUMITE said:

Anyone else hoping that with Malign Portents, FW remembers us again and maybe maybe MAYBE release a Battletome or update our lore/rules (and please Hashut give us our Hobgoblins back to use in Matched play officially) 

Hobgoblins would be nice.

On 1/8/2018 at 11:47 PM, Entombet said:

Hobgoblins would be nice.

On 1/8/2018 at 9:28 PM, FERRUMITE said:

Anyone else hoping that with Malign Portents, FW remembers us again and maybe maybe MAYBE release a Battletome or update our lore/rules (and please Hashut give us our Hobgoblins back to use in Matched play officially) 

Yeah, I mean tbh, Chaos Marauders and Marauder Horsemen are relatively the same cost and function, and could be used with the CHAOS allegiance since we don't have any benefits to taking LEGION OF AZGORH.  I know it's not the same, but :(

4 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Looks great, regardless!

On a side note, I managed to get my hands on a Chaos Siege Giant... in bag... will be great to get some paint on it.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous, I've been looking for two years now. How'd you manage to find one?

So in my quest to make 1000pts of every dwarf army, I kinda forgot that Chaos Dwarfs got rules for AoS a little bit ago. Are their warscrolls/costs up to date by the way?

Anyway I was thinking about it and they seem to be some kind of mishmash of how Dispossessed SHOULD play and just good rules. Which is odd for FW. From what I'm seeing, on the outside looking in, they're a mostly stationary gunline with really decent melee and very good war machines? That sounds like 7E Dwarfs lol. Plus, I love the look of Ironsworn/Fireglaives. I'm glad there's a split in the faction of Bull-taurs and Dwarfs though, because I am not a fan of them really.

Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
10 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (100)
20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)
3 x K'Daai Fireborn (160)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 66

How does this look for a 'getting started' army for Chorfs? I really like the idea of taking the Fireborne but the models are a little ugly. It's really hard to model fire. 1000pts seems a little low for this army, but i think it'll work out. I was thinking of taking some daemons for allies when/if I get up to 2000pts. Maybe something Tzeentchian or Slaaneshi, since Khorne and Nurgle get way too much love imo.

We're still Allegiance: Chaos, right? There's nothing Azgorh specific beyond Fireglaive battleline? Do you think I should have more Ironsword or Fireglaives in my list, for now?

On 13/01/2018 at 9:09 PM, RaritanAnon said:

So in my quest to make 1000pts of every dwarf army, I kinda forgot that Chaos Dwarfs got rules for AoS a little bit ago. Are their warscrolls/costs up to date by the way?

Anyway I was thinking about it and they seem to be some kind of mishmash of how Dispossessed SHOULD play and just good rules. Which is odd for FW. From what I'm seeing, on the outside looking in, they're a mostly stationary gunline with really decent melee and very good war machines? That sounds like 7E Dwarfs lol. Plus, I love the look of Ironsworn/Fireglaives. I'm glad there's a split in the faction of Bull-taurs and Dwarfs though, because I am not a fan of them really.

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Magma Cannon (140)

How does this look for a 'getting started' army for Chorfs? I really like the idea of taking the Fireborne but the models are a little ugly. It's really hard to model fire. 1000pts seems a little low for this army, but i think it'll work out. I was thinking of taking some daemons for allies when/if I get up to 2000pts. Maybe something Tzeentchian or Slaaneshi, since Khorne and Nurgle get way too much love imo.

We're still Allegiance: Chaos, right? There's nothing Azgorh specific beyond Fireglaive battleline? Do you think I should have more Ironsword or Fireglaives in my list, for now?

I play against Legion rather than with them so bear that in mind.

Yeah, you'd be Chaos. Fireglaives battleline is the only rules reason to maintain LoA allegiance.

I haven't been super impressed by 3 K'daai. I think there's something to be said for summoning them downfield with Draz but at 1000 pts you'd probably like more Ironsworn.

That said, this list is totally functional.

Definitely have the Fireglaives in 2 units of 10.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:09 PM, RaritanAnon said:

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Magma Cannon (140)

I would try this:

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 77

You would drop the K'daai and grab some more Ironsworn.  20 extra Ironsworn vs. 3 K'daai?  I think we know the answer here, haha.

12 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I would try this:

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 77

You would drop the K'daai and grab some more Ironsworn.  20 extra Ironsworn vs. 3 K'daai?  I think we know the answer here, haha.

I like it. That's a solid block of hard-to-kill dwarfs for sure. It definitely looks good. Why Cunning Deceiver for the warlord trait?

Looking more and more like I should start AoS with Chaos Dwarfs over regular Dwarfs.

13 minutes ago, RaritanAnon said:

I like it. That's a solid block of hard-to-kill dwarfs for sure. It definitely looks good. Why Cunning Deceiver for the warlord trait?

Looking more and more like I should start AoS with Chaos Dwarfs over regular Dwarfs.

Chaos Dwarfs play how I would imagine regular dwarfs would, and are the most "complete" Chaos faction.  We have infantry, warmachines for ranged/melee, three types of artillery for different types of enemies, wizards, daemons to summon, shock cav, decent hero support, one of the best spells in the game (Ash Storm) - oh! And a legendary flying wizard on a bull.

Cunning Deceiver lasts for the first Battle Round, which is Turn 1 for BOTH players.  This prevents you from suffering from an alpha-strike (which to be fair, doesn't happen often @ 1000pt games), and allows you to safely get to objectives first turn without losing something to shooting (Kharadron Overlords... I'm looking @ you...).

How do Chaos Dwarfs play, generally? Iron Daemons and Magma Cannons have short range, 14-18" range. Place the Iron Daemon down first and then put the rest of your army around it, basically using it as the point-man for the rest of the army? I imagine Fireglaives just take potshots at whatever they can see, and prioritize big guys. Snipe stuff and scary things with the magma cannon. Does that sound about right?

I think for a 1500pt list I would add another daemonsmith on a balewind, more fireglaives, and a deathshrieker, but I doubt I'll go beyond 1500. Chaos Dwarfs are easily like, double the cost of other armies unless I get them second hand. But they're looking better and better than the Dispossessed lists I keep theoryhammering.

4 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

How do Chaos Dwarfs play, generally? Iron Daemons and Magma Cannons have short range, 14-18" range. Place the Iron Daemon down first and then put the rest of your army around it, basically using it as the point-man for the rest of the army? I imagine Fireglaives just take potshots at whatever they can see, and prioritize big guys. Snipe stuff and scary things with the magma cannon. Does that sound about right?

I think for a 1500pt list I would add another daemonsmith on a balewind, more fireglaives, and a deathshrieker, but I doubt I'll go beyond 1500. Chaos Dwarfs are easily like, double the cost of other armies unless I get them second hand. But they're looking better and better than the Dispossessed lists I keep theoryhammering.

They can play as a gunline army that centers around artillery and a wall of strong infantry, or with a bunch of mobile bull centaur cavalry and skullcrackers.  Iron Daemons have a relatively short range of 14", but they have a potent -2 rend and a 10" movement, and magma cannons shoot 18-24" depending on where you have your Daemonsmith.  Because Iron Daemons/Skullcrackers have a 10" move, the Magma Cannons can be towed to essentially have a 28"-34" threat range.  I like Deathshriekers as snipers of supporting heroes that try to stay out of LOS - Slaughterpriests and Wizards beware.

Oh yeah I forgot about the iron daemon towing thing. That's really nifty. 

So since I was going Chaos Allegiance after 1000pts anyway, after adding more bodies and whatnot, I kinda wanted to add in some Daemons instead of playing around with bull centaurs. 

What do you think would be the best idea? Some dedicated close Combat monsters, more ranged/wizards, or some cavalry to speed up the flank? I was considering either Slaanesh or Tzeentch primarily. Looking at daemonettes and Seekers or flamers and Screamers, or even a herald on disc. Wouldn't be too hard to put a Dwarf on a disc, too. 

Archived