Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

1 minute ago, Denn_Ratt said:

hmm...  in azyr i can take monsterts of chaos as legions ally.
ok i  can make chaos allegians list.

Allegiance: Chaos
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Daemonsmith (100)
- Pyre Rune Staff
12 x Bull Centaur Renders (640)
- Scalding Great Weapon
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Gors (80)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
10 x Gors (80)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
Jabberslythe (120)
Jabberslythe (120)
Jabberslythe (120)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 169

I don't trust the App.  It's been wrong on a few things.  Here is the list of allies: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/aos_matched_play_points.pdf

Also, why are you taking small units of Ungors/Gors?  If anything, take 3 x 10 Marauders to fulfill Battleline, and fill up on the heavy-hitting stuff.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Also, why are you taking small units of Ungors/Gors?  If anything, take 3 x 10 Marauders to fulfill Battleline, and fill up on the heavy-hitting stuff.

i have no marauders models right now( but i have 2500 beastmen army)))) also gores have move 6 +  run & charge abylity, have 4 save in combat & have extra atack chance. and they chaos batlline.

18 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Drop the Jabberslythes, and BSB.  This frees up 420 + 20pts for 440 pts.  You have a few options at 440pts.

i try 3 jabberslith in my slaanesh army - they awesome. drive them together and rol 3 dice for each enemy unit in range to off themem from play on 1 turn. also good mortal wound abylity in hth and good mobilyty. so i think they bee good with bulcentaurus fist.

I've been toying with the idea of a mixed and straight CD list. The mixed...

Leader
Shar'tor - General
Taur'ruk
Deamonsmith
Deamonsmith 

Unit
3 Bull Centaurs - h.weapon & spiteshield
20 fireglaves 
10 Bloodwarriors - Goreaxe & Forefoot

Warmachines 
Skullcraker
Dreadquake Mortar
Magma Canon
Magma Canon

1980 points

loose plan would be to run the 2 Bull Centaur units with Taur'ruk and Shar'tor leading them on either flank or at any particular unit or objective that needs to be dealt with. 
The Warmachines then to be used at the back with Deamonsmith buffers behind the fireglaves unit firing at anything that wants to charge at them and to float the Bloodwarriors and Skullcraker wherever needed

As I said, loose plan 

I've not really played any large games of AoS so I'm open to how they run differently and what others would do, ultimately I'm in it for fun though I know my friend have got very into it so still looking to give them a run for their money too ;)

7 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:
I've been toying with the idea of a mixed and straight CD list. The mixed...

Leader
Shar'tor - General
Taur'ruk
Deamonsmith
Deamonsmith 

Unit
20 fireglaves 
10 Bloodwarriors - Goreaxe & Forefoot

Warmachines 
Skullcraker
Dreadquake Mortar
Magma Canon
Magma Canon

1980 points

loose plan would be to run the 2 Bull Centaur units with Taur'ruk and Shar'tor leading them on either flank or at any particular unit or objective that needs to be dealt with. 
The Warmachines then to be used at the back with Deamonsmith buffers behind the fireglaves unit firing at anything that wants to charge at them and to float the Bloodwarriors and Skullcraker wherever needed

As I said, loose plan 

I've not really played any large games of AoS so I'm open to how they run differently and what others would do, ultimately I'm in it for fun though I know my friend have got very into it so still looking to give them a run for their money too ;)

Interesting idea!  A few things I've learned:

1. Shar'tor's Command Ability for being general is NOT that great - the Taur'ruk is the way to go, as it adds so much mobility.
2. If you're going to take 20 Fireglaives, split them into 2 x 10 for more Naptha bombs, to help fulfill battleline, and drop the 10 Bloodwarriors imo to help fulfill the Battleline requirement.  Take 3 x 10 Marauders if you really want to.
3. Don't take the Dreadquake Mortar without some form of rerolls.  It's a 1-shot wonder (well, 2 if you get lucky), so the ability to reroll 1's to hit/wound would make sure that it really hurts.
4. Take the Great Weapons on the Bull Centaur Renders.  Any rend on the enemy's attack will negate the reflecting mortal wound bonus from the Spiteshields, so its use is pretty limited.

I think that it would be a fun Melee-heavy list to play.

10 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Interesting idea!  A few things I've learned:

1. Shar'tor's Command Ability for being general is NOT that great - the Taur'ruk is the way to go, as it adds so much mobility.
2. If you're going to take 20 Fireglaives, split them into 2 x 10 for more Naptha bombs, to help fulfill battleline, and drop the 10 Bloodwarriors imo to help fulfill the Battleline requirement.  Take 3 x 10 Marauders if you really want to.
3. Don't take the Dreadquake Mortar without some form of rerolls.  It's a 1-shot wonder (well, 2 if you get lucky), so the ability to reroll 1's to hit/wound would make sure that it really hurts.
4. Take the Great Weapons on the Bull Centaur Renders.  Any rend on the enemy's attack will negate the reflecting mortal wound bonus from the Spiteshields, so its use is pretty limited.

I think that it would be a fun Melee-heavy list to play.

That sounds like some sound advice, I wanted to mix up the list to make use of some of the minis I have but the more I did the 'pure' list the more I like it so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and raise some funds for this list, also taking your advice into consideration....

Leaders 

Draz

Taur'ruk - General

Deamonsmith 

Deamonsmith 

Units 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

3 Bull Centaurs - great weapons 

Warmachines 

Skullcraker 

Iron Deamon

2 Magma Canon 

This leaves me with 180 points left to play with, not sure to go for another of Centaurs or another Iron Deamon? 

3 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

That sounds like some sound advice, I wanted to mix up the list to make use of some of the minis I have but the more I did the 'pure' list the more I like it so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and raise some funds for this list, also taking your advice into consideration....

Leaders 

Draz

Taur'ruk - General

Deamonsmith 

Deamonsmith 

Units 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

3 Bull Centaurs - great weapons 

Warmachines 

Skullcraker 

Iron Deamon

2 Magma Canon 

This leaves me with 180 points left to play with, not sure to go for another of Centaurs or another Iron Deamon? 

I used to be a huge fan of infantry blocks, but the Bull Centaurs hit so hard and are my new favorite unit.  It's not uncommon for a Taur'ruk with a Runeblade to do 15+ dmg in a charge activation, and for some Bull Centaurs to do 8 or so after a charge.  Try it with 3 Bull Centaurs.  That seems to be what a lot of people like Ben Curry are doing.  I'm going to be trying a 3-4 x Magma Cannon, since I think MWs are always good.

1500 coming up.  Going to try centaur-heavy with magmas:

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon

Battleline
- Legion of Azgorh Battleline
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
- Scalding Great Weapon
- Legion of Azgorh Battleline (Shar'tor General)
- Scalding Great Weapon

War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Wounds: 93

An excuse to use Shar'tor, since I think giving rerollable charges in an AoE would be pretty beneficial to the other 3 units.  Still Taur'ruk General since he has the best Command Ability available to us.  I could drop Shar'tor + Daemonsmith = Drazhoath, but I wanted to try some crazy Executioner stuff.

You have to use Shar'tor as your general, not just put him in your army if you want to use the centaurs as battleline, so you'll need an extra 10 fireglaives. If want to keep your 3 heroes you can drop the  iron daemon for 10 fireglaives + 10 marauders (or another cheap unit the LoA can ally with) to have your 3 battlelines.

8 hours ago, spenson said:

You have to use Shar'tor as your general, not just put him in your army if you want to use the centaurs as battleline, so you'll need an extra 10 fireglaives. If want to keep your 3 heroes you can drop the  iron daemon for 10 fireglaives + 10 marauders (or another cheap unit the LoA can ally with) to have your 3 battlelines.

1500 doesn't have official requirements listed by GW, so we go with 2 Battleline, so 2 x 10 Fireglaives would indeed work.  

On 12/13/2017 at 4:39 AM, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I used to be a huge fan of infantry blocks, but the Bull Centaurs hit so hard and are my new favorite unit.  It's not uncommon for a Taur'ruk with a Runeblade to do 15+ dmg in a charge activation, and for some Bull Centaurs to do 8 or so after a charge.  

I'd caution against expecting these kinds of results. Charging BCR will do 4 rend 1 damage and 3 rend 0 damage on average while BCT with Runeblade will do 8 rend 2 and 2 rend 0 damage on average (when charging). 8 damage before saves for BCR wouldn't be that unusual -- just a bit above average -- but 15 for a BCT would be pretty exceptional. It can happen no doubt but I suspect it will be rare. And that's before saves, of course. 

On 12/16/2017 at 12:59 AM, swarmofseals said:

I'd caution against expecting these kinds of results. Charging BCR will do 4 rend 1 damage and 3 rend 0 damage on average while BCT with Runeblade will do 8 rend 2 and 2 rend 0 damage on average (when charging). 8 damage before saves for BCR wouldn't be that unusual -- just a bit above average -- but 15 for a BCT would be pretty exceptional. It can happen no doubt but I suspect it will be rare. And that's before saves, of course. 

Fun 1000pt list I was running tonight.

Leaders
- General
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon

Battleline
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
- Scalding Great Weapon

Total: 1000 / 2000
Wounds: 75

Decent wounds, mobility, and melee damage.  Having 2 Bull Heroes was deadly, and Ironsworn/Fireglaives were sticky enough to hold objective points.  Daemonsmith for obligatory Mystic Shield.

2 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Decent wounds, mobility, and melee damage.  Having 2 Bull Heroes was deadly, and Ironsworn/Fireglaives were sticky enough to hold objective points.  Daemonsmith for obligatory Mystic Shield.

Nice, I was wondering how to go about a 1000pts list to maybe have a few warm up games while building and painting that 2000pt list posted. Who were you up against?

I can imagine Shar'tor did amazing in such a small army, no Warmachines though? Did you miss them or is 1000pt just to small to warrant them?

6 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Nice, I was wondering how to go about a 1000pts list to maybe have a few warm up games while building and painting that 2000pt list posted. Who were you up against?

I can imagine Shar'tor did amazing in such a small army, no Warmachines though? Did you miss them or is 1000pt just to small to warrant them?

I was against Stormcast.  He wanted to try some experimental stuff, so I did as well.  I never thought much of the centaurs before, because of their prior rules, but I do enjoy them and will be trying going heavy Skullcracker/Iron Daemon.

I don't like using Warmachines in 1000pt games.  With the points reduction, I can imagine that Iron Daemon and Skullcracker may be worth taking now.

There are lots of ways to go about a good 1000pt list.  First list is spammy, and people won't like playing against you.  The second is fun.

Leaders
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon

Battleline

Total: 1000 / 2000
Wounds: 100

Leaders
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)

Battleline

Total: 980 / 2000
Wounds: 78

I think that with the way that the current meta is, a horde of bodies does pretty well.  Drazhoath is just plain fun to use, even though he's not as strong in melee, haha.  Taking anything with -2 rend or a behemoth with 3+ save in a 1000pt game is a big advantage.

So from the recent Painting with Peachy and Duncan featuring Phil Kelly, I managed to ask Phil during the stream if there is a chance we will eventually see Chaos Dwarfs in the lore again, with which he replied that yes, they are still there in the background and that sooner or later they will rise like a Phoenix from the flame and perform some sort of role in the story again. He said he can’t say what exactly they’ll be doing, but that they will definitely appear again because they are too cool to waste by not doing anything with them. Neat! 

Hi folks, new Legion player here. I'm planning my army around a big core of infernal guard (40 Ironsworn, 30-40 fireglaives), a daemonsmith or two, castellan and bsb. I'm also considering a couple of magma cannons and maybe a dreadquake. I'm a bit stumped about where to go after that. I'm trying to avoid bull centaurs to save money (Forge World makes me cry, still willing to pay for war machines) but I can see that I need some speed for objective taking which has led me to look at the broader chaos allegiance. I'm also considering the rest of the allegiance for some nice centrepiece models. I don't intend on playing in many if any tournaments however I definitely don't want to get stomped everygame!

I'm very broadly considering Slaanesh for speed, a Lord of Change because I don't need a good reason damnit and also Varanguard. I understand Varanguard aren't a great unit, but with reasonable speed and good hitting power I think they may make a good addition.

Oh, and my first infernal guard!

IMG_20171222_120254.jpg

Nice first unit @witchhammer92

Haven't had much gameplay yet so not sure which units may be best to run up and stand and take objectives yet but I definitely know all about FW making me cry :( I told have been looking for alternatives but I'm lucky that I'm using very old mini with no ref to Hashut and a gaming club that enjoys proxies. 

I know people use Draz for his speed and is quite powerful but not sure how long he'd hold his own against other objective taking units - Khorne Juggernauts fir the fluff very well for allies would they be good for this? 

Hey guys really tempted to start an Loa army. Any advice onto which our strongest units are atm. Daemonsmith seems great on paper as do the magma cannon and both of the war machines. Also ironsworn get a massive discount for being a block of 30!

List ideas so far

Leaders
Daemonsmith (100)
- General
- Darkforged Weapon
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods

Battleline

Units
9 x K'Daai Fireborn (480)

War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

I like the idea of having the Ironsworn chafing with 3+ saves. The kdaai can hit over top and remain safe. With bigger movement than the centaurs and the ability to fly combined with draz and his huge movement for the counter charge.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:54 PM, Tubs said:

Hey guys really tempted to start an Loa army. Any advice onto which our strongest units are atm. Daemonsmith seems great on paper as do the magma cannon and both of the war machines. Also ironsworn get a massive discount for being a block of 30!

List ideas so far

Leaders
Daemonsmith (100)
- General
- Darkforged Weapon
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods

Battleline

Units
9 x K'Daai Fireborn (480)

War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

I like the idea of having the Ironsworn chafing with 3+ saves. The kdaai can hit over top and remain safe. With bigger movement than the centaurs and the ability to fly combined with draz and his huge movement for the counter charge.

Give it a shot!

I would drade in an Iron Daemon for a Skullcracker to give a nice rounded 2000pt list and some rend in combat phases.

11 hours ago, Simplygnome said:

So I keep seeing lists with 6+ warmachines, but isn't uke limit 4?   The pdf shows iron daemons as WM but the army builder lists them as behemoths. 

What am I not understanding?

You’re limited to 4 ARTILERY. The Irondemon and Skullcracker are not

On 12/24/2017 at 3:54 PM, Tubs said:

If you are sticking strictly to loa then this is a tough question as basically every loa warscroll is reasonably decent and few if any stand out as particularly broken. A lot depends on play style as most of the warscrolls that are less efficient on paper fill a particular tactical role. Infernal guard form a very solid core with ironsworn providing efficient defense and fireglaives providing very efficient ranged offense. Both share the weakness of being slow. 

Meanwhile the dreadquake is less efficient but provides huge range and indirect fire. The deathshrieker is also less efficient but has good range, indirect fire and is small enough to hide easily.

The magma cannon is all around solid but with shorter range.

Draz is really inefficient but he flies and is fast, attributes that the army otherwise lacks.

Bcr and both engines are fast-ish and hit hard but can be defensively less efficient.

Kdaii are situationally great and situationally mediocre.

The daemonsmith, castellan, and bsb are all excellent but share liabilities common to all support heroes.

I think overall the LOA is a very interesting army precisely because it doesn't seem to feature an obviously best list and instead challenges us to really think about the roll each unit plays in our battleplan across many matchups. 

Archived