Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ben

Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

460 posts in this topic

Nico    1,917

Good write up. It feels like you get a great deal for the points. The 3+ saves on the Engines are amazing.

Watching the stream today.

13 hours ago, Nico said:

Good write up. It feels like you get a great deal for the points. The 3+ saves on the Engines are amazing.

Watching the stream today.

Is there a replay or a video of said stream?

• Like 1

Ben    1,414

Here are my thoughts on the list.  

The general plan is that to win games you need to score on the objectives.  This sounds super simple, but I tell you now, its not.  I would say that most players don't consider this when building a list.  This means you need to be able to not only get to the objectives and hold them, but also protect your own, and clear your opponent off theirs. 

With movement 4 Evil Stunties....

So a key part of building and playing my list was to make sure I have as much speed and manoeuvrability as possible while still remaining true to the Legion.  Drazhoath and the Bull Centaurs played a big part in this, but so did the War Engines and their ability to get the Magma cannons into prime shooting positions.  

In every game I play I use Drazhoath to get across the table quickly and cause problems to my opponents plans.  He always dies, but he has to be dealt with before he can do to much damage.  It also takes a fair amount to bring him down so it really causes my opponents a tough decision.  

The Bull Centaurs I use as a massive meat shield, they are excellent to take charges, soak up damage let my characters and war engines counter attack. 

Because the Cannons are slow and the shooting fairly short ranged I like to play very aggressive and up the battlefield using the Centaurs as a rolling road block while Drazoath stop's the centaurs getting too much attention all at once.

I try to team up my units so when I fight combats I always have the option to crush a unit and move on rather than getting bogged down, and also have the option to put a hefty threat into part of the table so my opponent is forced to counter with a big portion of their army.  I can then use my shooting to swing those combat match-ups.

When i'm facing a combat heavy army that I think will roll over me quickly I like to use the Centaurs to take the charge and bog them down, I push them up field into a position where I can choose where to charge in the following turn if allowed to do so, putting the pressure on my opponents and making them choose what to do.  Once they are stuck into the centaurs, they usually take 2 rounds to chew through.  This blunts any double turn, it also means when its my turn I get to pour in the firepower and hit the counter charge.  

This is all the general plan and is of course subject to my opponent having their own plan.  

Thats enough for tonight.  I have lots more thoughts and some photos too 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Browncoat89    16

Yeah I need to adjust for that in my list too. I ran a list with 3 war engines and tried to use their 10" movement to go get objectives but they got blocked. Anyway here is a battlereport my opponent posted if anyone is interested. 

I started painting a couple days ago too I'll post some WIP pics tonight when I get home. I'm curious for feedback since my legion army is the first army I'm ever painting.

Congrats Ben! That's a great win for the legion!

Browncoat89    16

So my main idea was to focus on metallic  colors for the army since the infantry is clad head to toe in armor and the war machines are... well yeah lol. It would also make the non metallic colors really pop out. So for the balckshard armor forged in the blood of their enemies I based in warplock bronze. Then for fun contest I'm doing brass chainmail and accents. Then the fun themes I am going to add later for the whole army are the accent colors. Anything with magic or runes will glow dark purple which will be the spite shields, some parts of the warmachines, banner, etc. Then anything with a demon possessing it will glow in a dark blue, that will include Iron Daemons, pyrelock rifles, and some (hopefully) really awesome looking blue flame K'Daai fireborn.

I only have a couple of the base coats on but tell me what you guys think so far of the ideas and the paint so far. I'd love feedback every step of the way because this is my first time painting anything... like ever lol. I'll keep you posted.

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

Perturabo    0

Heya guys

I'm starting to enter the Legion again, 

this is my list that should help me understand the Legion better.

Any input on what should be changed?

22406380_10210510089164230_2955847237045653343_n.jpg

spenson    3

I'm not a huge fan of a single magma cannon, it's too unreliable alone. Since you have 40 points left you can take an iron daemon instead (or moar centaurs, HAAAAAA).

You should take the great weapons with the centaurs, unless you'e playing WISIWIG and you didn't convert them. We'll need an expert to tell you if 6x1 or 2x3 centaurs is better in small games.

You end up with a body count that's a bit too low IMO because of the price of the centaurs, but I'm a bit biased since I love the ironsworn+shield and inspiring presence from the demonsmith. 

Just a word of advice, the range of the fireglaives is usually short enough that you'll risk a charge in the next turn if your oppenent is fast (ironjaws, khorne, etc.) and you have no frontline to protect them.

Perturabo    0

Ok cool! Thanks Spenson, my friend is a sculptor so I think he could cook something up for me.

I'll wait for further input from the other guys :D

On 10/12/2017 at 11:21 AM, Perturabo said:

Heya guys

I'm starting to enter the Legion again, 

this is my list that should help me understand the Legion better.

Any input on what should be changed?

22406380_10210510089164230_2955847237045653343_n.jpg

I wouldn't bother with Artillery in a 1000pt game, tbh.  To maximize body count and damage, load up on Fireglaives and use a Castellan + BSB for crazy Pyrelock synergy.  30 Fireglaives with Martial Contempt and Black Banner of Malice will usually give you about 12 wounds at -1 rend that they have to save, with a good chunk being 2dmg.

Entombet    26
On 14.09.2017 at 1:14 AM, Sorrol said:

With regards to the Legion of Azgorh units bought from Forgeworld. Do these include all the options required? (Focussed on Infernal Guard Ironsworn: Does it include an Icon-Bearer?)

Cheers,

Sorrol

No command groups are separate products not included in 10 man packs.