Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

NEW DEVELOPMENT

Although a Battletome isn't planned, apparently the studio is going to be releasing Age of Sigmar books, so hopefully we get some nice Campaign books ala Tamurkhan The Throne of Chaos style, with multiple allegience rules and all!

SPREAD THE WORD BROTHERS, FORGE WORLD IS FINALLY DOING AGE OF SIGMAR CONTENT!!

Chaos Dorfs.png

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wouldn't hold your breath on this one.

i got the same reply about a year and a half ago, although it's one of my dearest wishes along with that Khorne dragon getting released.

but I'd still rank it higher on the probability scale than skin wolves and mammoths being able to be marked again.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:28 PM, FERRUMITE said:

NEW DEVELOPMENT

Although a Battletome isn't planned, apparently the studio is going to be releasing Age of Sigmar books, so hopefully we get some nice Campaign books ala Tamurkhan The Throne of Chaos style, with multiple allegience rules and all!

SPREAD THE WORD BROTHERS, FORGE WORLD IS FINALLY DOING AGE OF SIGMAR CONTENT!!

Chaos Dorfs.png

Seems like a politically correct way of saying "we're not doing anything". Like Kaleb, I got the same reply about 2 years ago as well regarding the K'Daai Destroyer. They said they were looking at plans to make one, and then of course End Times happened, then AoS and the Destroyer was scrapped.

Doing a Chaos Dwarf army is a dream of mine, but I think we should all hold off buying any units until the army gets some love (unless it's just for the hobby and painting of course). I'm hoping for something to get released by Games Workshop rather than the Forgeworld division so we don't need to deal with the absurd prices and shipping costs. Maybe some kind of offshoot of them or something. Either way I hope we get some competitive LoA lists to surface. I'd really like to try this army out and painting them would be so fun. Here's hoping!

4 hours ago, Baron_Bathory said:

Seems like a politically correct way of saying "we're not doing anything". Like Kaleb, I got the same reply about 2 years ago as well regarding the K'Daai Destroyer. They said they were looking at plans to make one, and then of course End Times happened, then AoS and the Destroyer was scrapped.

Doing a Chaos Dwarf army is a dream of mine, but I think we should all hold off buying any units until the army gets some love (unless it's just for the hobby and painting of course). I'm hoping for something to get released by Games Workshop rather than the Forgeworld division so we don't need to deal with the absurd prices and shipping costs. Maybe some kind of offshoot of them or something. Either way I hope we get some competitive LoA lists to surface. I'd really like to try this army out and painting them would be so fun. Here's hoping!

It DID get some love.  Trust me... from playing it when it sucked and playing it now as my main army... I would say now is probably the best time.

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

It got a ton of love!!!!  The new list can be strong.  

Agreed.  Now is just the experimental stage in finding the right balance of units, now that Bull Centaurs are actually worth taking, and K'daai got a good bit stronger...

I realized that the K'daai with the new changes have actually a very good potential damage output but are pretty random.  3" reach for 12 attacks @ 3+/4+ rerollable 1's to hit, D3 (!!) dmg can really do some work against a horde that a Castellan has marked, but I like them mostly for the FLYING and MOBILITY of having the option to be summoned, but a unit of 6 is not too tough to get all bases in range to hit... that's a POTENTIAL 24-72 wounds for 320pts.  I am trying to come up with a way to run them as a unit of 6, but the 5+ save and 6 bravery makes them a big target for enemy ranged attacks.  I'm going to try a list WITHOUT Drazhoath (heresy, I know), but having 6 K'daai instead.  Something like this:  

Allegiance: Chaos
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
6 x K'Daai Fireborn (320)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 1980/2000

2 Daemonsmiths allow for 2 spellcasts, you'll have 5D3, D3 mortal wound grenades per game, and a 24 wound blob of flying death that you would do well to keep mystic shield on!  The obligatory dual Deathshriekers and dual Magmas to snipe enemy heroes, and douse battlelines/high armor targets.  

On another note - given the buff to the BSB, I was thinking of going Fireglaive-heavy with the Castellan  General to boost damage.  Something like this should have enough bodies/damage output:

Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 1980/2000

40 Fireglaive shots, 4+/3+ (martial contempt), rerolling 1's to wound = avg 6-7 regular hits, 6-7 pyrelock hits...  Considering they're very points efficient units in relation to their output with the synergies, I'd like to try to capitalize on it.

11 hours ago, Baron_Bathory said:

That's great to hear! Thanks for the lists BFI! So wait LoA is allowed to use chaos artifacts? For some reason I thought if you chose a sub-faction, you had to use that sub-factions battle traits and artifacts, and if yours didn't get one you are SOoL.

You choose your Allegiance that matches the keywords that they all share.  You can choose CHAOS, as far as I know.

@Black_Fortress_Immortal The thing is if we choose Chaos allegiance we don't get Fireglaives as battleline. We need to choose LoA allegiance.

@Kaleb Daark Yeah I guess that's the way it would work.

Does anyone know where in the rules it is stated that we can do this? This would also mean that obsolete armies like Bretonnians and Tomb Kings can use Order and Death traits respectively even if they choose their own armies allegiance. Good news for a Tomb King player in my group.

Thanks all!

42 minutes ago, Baron_Bathory said:

@Black_Fortress_Immortal The thing is if we choose Chaos allegiance we don't get Fireglaives as battleline. We need to choose LoA allegiance.

@Kaleb Daark Yeah I guess that's the way it would work.

Does anyone know where in the rules it is stated that we can do this? This would also mean that obsolete armies like Bretonnians and Tomb Kings can use Order and Death traits respectively even if they choose their own armies allegiance. Good news for a Tomb King player in my group.

Thanks all!

GH1 FAQ (havn't looked at the GH2 FAQ but it's probably there also).

Page 156 – Allegiance Abilities, Allegiance
Add the following to the end of the second paragraph:
‘The allegiance abilities you choose will apply for the
duration of the battle.
When picking your army’s allegiance abilities, all units
in a warscroll battalion are considered to have the
allegiance listed above the title on the warscroll. For
example, the Guardians of Alarielle warscroll battalion
includes both Sylvaneth and Stormcast Eternals units,
and has ‘Sylvaneth’ listed as its allegiance above the
battalion’s title. This means that all of the Stormcast
Eternals units in the battalion are considered to have
the Sylvaneth allegiance when it comes to choosing
allegiance abilities. An army otherwise made up of
Sylvaneth units which included this battalion could
choose the Sylvaneth or Order allegiance abilities, but
the Stormcast Eternals from this battalion wouldn’t
benefit from the Sylvaneth allegiance abilities, as they
don’t have the Sylvaneth keyword.’

There also also probably several other places that allude to this also since is the way this is played. You can always choose to go for the faction abilities if you want to or don't have any of your own.

55 minutes ago, Ben said:

that look great.  I love the green.  I wish I'd painted mine a little different.  So many red legion armies

Thank you so much! Green is my favorite color and I really wanted to integrate it somehow. I wanted my Chaos Dwarfs to have some sort of greed curse that's kind of tainting their armor, and I thought the veins and green kinda slime would be neat. 

51 minutes ago, Lobeau said:

I like the veiny touch, and the green is beautiful. It's nice to see some variation, my legions main colors are copper, iron and blueish green. Then "officers" are marked with red outlining on their hats typically. Keep up the good work!

I appreciate it thank you! I was worried the veins might have been too prominent but I think I looks good overall. I'm thinking of adding some N. oxide technical paint on some of the bits but I'm not sure. 

3 hours ago, Lobeau said:

Any tips for painting up a herd of Bull Centaurs? Haven't had much experience painting hides/skin.

I paint grey fleshtones for my army:

Dwarf-Flesh:
-Prime Black
-Base Mechanicus Standard Grey
-Wash Agrax Earthshade
-Layer Mechanicus Standard Grey
-Layer Dawnstone
-Drybrush Terminatus Stone

Centaur-Hide:
-Prime/Base Black
-Drybrush Mechanicus Standard Grey
-Wash Nuln Oil
-Drybrush Khorne Red
-Wash Nuln Oil

I do that to give almost a dark chestnut/red look as if the centaur hide is black with dark red highlights when you look closely.

22 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I paint grey fleshtones for my army:

Dwarf-Flesh:
-Prime Black
-Base Mechanicus Standard Grey
-Wash Agrax Earthshade
-Layer Mechanicus Standard Grey
-Layer Dawnstone
-Drybrush Terminatus Stone

Centaur-Hide:
-Prime/Base Black
-Drybrush Mechanicus Standard Grey
-Wash Nuln Oil
-Drybrush Khorne Red
-Wash Nuln Oil

I do that to give almost a dark chestnut/red look as if the centaur hide is black with dark red highlights when you look closely.

Do you have any pictures on the bullcentaurs?

running this in a team tourney this weekend should be good fun:

ill post up a bat rep on Sunday night

Standard bearer 

-general

-cunning deciever

Daemon smith

-crown of command

30 iron sworn

10 fireglaives

10 fireglaives

4 iron daemons

4 magma cannons

1 khorgorath

not sure it would be massively effective in a normal tourney, teams should help me get the better match ups tho

So I just played my first game with the chaos dwarfs at my local GW yesterday evening. I didn't take any picture but I'll try to make a quick summary. I also didn't take notes so I don't remember everything perfectly.

I used : 

Daemonsmith (100)
- General
- Darkforged Weapon
- Trait: Lord of War
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
- Scalding Hand Weapon & Spiteshield (because I played WYSIWYG)

Total: 1000

I played against some Ironjaws. I don't remember his items, but the list was a megaboss, a warchanter, 2x10 ardboyz and 2x5 brutes. He went a bit easy on me with the list since it was my first game with the dwarfs and he used an old list without the bataillon.

We rolled a lot of terrain but it didn't matter that much because I didn't have a lot of range and he had nothing that could shoot.

I deployed my ironsworn at the center (2 lines of 13 + the others behind), with the fireglaives and the demonsmith behind them. I put the centaurs on the right and the iron daemon on my left flank.

He deployed his army only 6" from the edge of the table to make sure that I wouldn't be able to shoot him very effectively during the first 2 turns. 

We stopped at the end of the 4th turn because it was time to close. The only units left were his wounded megaboss, a warchanter, 5 brutes (one with 1 hp left) and 2 ardboys, while I had 25 fireglaives, my demonsmith with 1 hp and 8 ironsworn.

We decided that the initiative roll would basically decide the winner. If he got the turn his boss would finish my ironsworn while his brutes killed my demonsmith and at least 10 fireglaives. One the other hand if I got the turn I had 25 shots with my fireglaives, 2 bombs left + the Blood of Hashut to  kill what was left of his army.

I learned some valuable lessons during this battle.

- I love this army a lot. It's really sturdy but also effective during the shooting and combat phase. Though I have to admit that I got lucky I played against a close combat army and not a shooty one because of the short range and slow movement of my list.

- A pack of 30 ironsworn with mystic shield and inspiring presence does a lot of work. I spread them a lot so my oppenent had a hard time getting around them.

- I got greedy with the iron daemon and underestimated the brutes. I moved it forward during the second turn to shoot the ardboyz, but the brutes behind them charged me the turn after. They managed to deal 10 wounds in a single combat phase and I almost lost 180 points just to kill 2 ardboyz...

- I forgot my battle trait during the first 3 turns. I played against the only employee at my local shop so we had to pause the game everytime there was a customer and we both forgot a few abilities.

- The centaurs are ok, but I'm not sure I used them that well. My ironsworn were fighting agains the ardboyz and the brutes from the left side, which left some untouched ardboyz and brutes in front of my centaurs on the right side. I charged the ardboyz from the flank so some of them couldn't hit me. I got some good results but the brutes killed all the centaurs during the following turn

- I underestimated how short the range of the fireglaives is. They were behind the ironsworn so I had to move in  range of enemy charge to let them shoot.

15 hours ago, spenson said:

So I just played my first game with the chaos dwarfs at my local GW yesterday evening. I didn't take any picture but I'll try to make a quick summary. I also didn't take notes so I don't remember everything perfectly.

I used : 

Daemonsmith (100)
- General
- Darkforged Weapon
- Trait: Lord of War
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
- Scalding Hand Weapon & Spiteshield (because I played WYSIWYG)

Total: 1000

I played against some Ironjaws. I don't remember his items, but the list was a megaboss, a warchanter, 2x10 ardboyz and 2x5 brutes. He went a bit easy on me with the list since it was my first game with the dwarfs and he used an old list without the bataillon.

We rolled a lot of terrain but it didn't matter that much because I didn't have a lot of range and he had nothing that could shoot.

I deployed my ironsworn at the center (2 lines of 13 + the others behind), with the fireglaives and the demonsmith behind them. I put the centaurs on the right and the iron daemon on my left flank.

He deployed his army only 6" from the edge of the table to make sure that I wouldn't be able to shoot him very effectively during the first 2 turns. 

We stopped at the end of the 4th turn because it was time to close. The only units left were his wounded megaboss, a warchanter, 5 brutes (one with 1 hp left) and 2 ardboys, while I had 25 fireglaives, my demonsmith with 1 hp and 8 ironsworn.

We decided that the initiative roll would basically decide the winner. If he got the turn his boss would finish my ironsworn while his brutes killed my demonsmith and at least 10 fireglaives. One the other hand if I got the turn I had 25 shots with my fireglaives, 2 bombs left + the Blood of Hashut to  kill what was left of his army.

I learned some valuable lessons during this battle.

- I love this army a lot. It's really sturdy but also effective during the shooting and combat phase. Though I have to admit that I got lucky I played against a close combat army and not a shooty one because of the short range and slow movement of my list.

- A pack of 30 ironsworn with mystic shield and inspiring presence does a lot of work. I spread them a lot so my oppenent had a hard time getting around them.

- I got greedy with the iron daemon and underestimated the brutes. I moved it forward during the second turn to shoot the ardboyz, but the brutes behind them charged me the turn after. They managed to deal 10 wounds in a single combat phase and I almost lost 180 points just to kill 2 ardboyz...

- I forgot my battle trait during the first 3 turns. I played against the only employee at my local shop so we had to pause the game everytime there was a customer and we both forgot a few abilities.

- The centaurs are ok, but I'm not sure I used them that well. My ironsworn were fighting agains the ardboyz and the brutes from the left side, which left some untouched ardboyz and brutes in front of my centaurs on the right side. I charged the ardboyz from the flank so some of them couldn't hit me. I got some good results but the brutes killed all the centaurs during the following turn

- I underestimated how short the range of the fireglaives is. They were behind the ironsworn so I had to move in  range of enemy charge to let them shoot.

Try this, haha:

Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

Total: 1000/2000

It actually does fairly well, since the enemy can't take you out on the first turn.  I sometimes give the Castellan a Chaos Talisman for extra tankiness.  100 wounds all at 4+ save and all those Fireglaive shots with the +1 to wound and rerolls is nasty.

Archived