Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

Yeah I can't wait to try them! That's awesome you were in a stream, do you upload them to YouTube after? 

I started playing in the winter time, and my first games were on their channel, haha.  I play against those guys every so often, and sometimes they record the match and edit them, etc., but this one was a stream and I happened to win all of my games this weekend (4 total, 3 with LoA).  They put a lot of work/editing into their videos and those are really fun to watch (even though I took terrible lists and lost!).

All hail Hashut!

I'm a fairly new player of Warhammer in general, buying everything to put together a chaos and empire army right before the end of 8th (never got to play before AoS). I recently found that there was a local group that plays AoS, and were planning on running tournaments and such so I jumped right in and started my chaos dwarf army, in the few games I've played at 2000 points I've won about half, lost about half, I just ordered some more models from FW and I'm looking for suggestions on a 2000 point and 2500 point lists made with what I've got. I've also got some other chaos models if throwing them in somewhere would be advantageous, I'm all for it. Current CD models I have:

2 Bull Cenutar Taur'ruks

6 Renders

4 Deamomsmiths

Drazhoath the Ashen

2 BSBs, 2 Drummers

4 Castallians

35 x Fireglaives

20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn

1 Dreadquake mortar

1 Deathshrieker Rocket

1 Magma Cannon

1 Hell Cannon

1 Iron Daemon

1 Skull Cracker

So any tips would be greatly appreciated. My initial 2k list I put together last night would be as follows:

1 Taur'ruk

1 Daemonsmith

1 Draz

1 Castallian

30 Fireglaives

6 Renders

1 Rocket Launcher

1 Magma Cannon

1 Iron Daemon

1 Skullcracker

Total: 2000 Points

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Lobeau said:

So any tips would be greatly appreciated. My initial 2k list I put together last night would be as follows:

1 Taur'ruk

1 Daemonsmith

1 Draz

1 Castallian

30 Fireglaives

6 Renders

1 Rocket Launcher

1 Magma Cannon

1 Iron Daemon

1 Skullcracker

Total: 2000 Points

Thoughts?

You could take 3 x 10 Fireglaives to fulfill the battleline requirement, for sure.  I would make the Tauruk the General for their run+charge ability, but the Castellan ability is pretty useful as well, but it'll help to get those Renders into combat as quickly as possible.  I think you will have some trouble against fast armies like Khorne, but it seems fairly "well-rounded."  Let us know how it goes.

Hey everyone,

im getting into AOS and LoA seems like it's my perfect faction fit. I've been doing some research and I've come up with the following 1k list to start off:

Allegiance: LOA

Leaders: 

Infernal guard BSB

-Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Infernal Guard Castellan

-Artifact: Chaos Runebladr

-Command: Lord Of War

-Great Weapon

Battlelines:

2x10 Infernal Guard Ironsworn w/ full command

2x10 Infernal Fireglaives

War Machines:

1x Magma Cannon

Warscroll Battalion:

-Blackshard Warhost

940/1000 Points 

I'm sure I messed up somewhere or am missing something  would love some feedback And tips 

58 minutes ago, HypnoKraken said:

Hey everyone,

im getting into AOS and LoA seems like it's my perfect faction fit. I've been doing some research and I've come up with the following 1k list to start off:

Allegiance: LOA

Leaders: 

Infernal guard BSB

-Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Infernal Guard Castellan

-Artifact: Chaos Runebladr

-Command: Lord Of War

-Great Weapon

Battlelines:

2x10 Infernal Guard Ironsworn w/ full command

2x10 Infernal Fireglaives

War Machines:

1x Magma Cannon

Warscroll Battalion:

-Blackshard Warhost

940/1000 Points 

I'm sure I messed up somewhere or am missing something  would love some feedback And tips 

Hello, hmmm in my opinion, at 1000pt it's not too worth it to take a single magma cannon with decreased range/mobility from the Daemonsmith, but that's just me (since we play with LoS blocking terrain often).  

Try this list, it's pretty good for holding objectives and pumping out some Fireglaive shots.  You can optionally take Daemonsmith for buffing up the Ironsworn:

Castellan w/ Great Weapon
Battle Standard Bearer
Ironsworn x 30
Ironsworn x 30
Fireglaives x 30

You can split up the Fireglaives or sub in the Daemonsmith for the Castellan, but the +1 to wound rolls, coupled with the reroll 1s, and possible +1 to hit from Dark Avenger (vs. order) can give 30 shots, 3+/3+/-1/1 rerolling 1s to wound, and 2dmg on 5s, 6s.  That's a lot of damage in the shooting phase.

1 minute ago, HypnoKraken said:

Awesome, thank you for the feedback it's much appreciated. What if I swapped for a dreadquake instead of a magma cannon? 

That sounds like killer firing line though, I will pick that up for an army 

I would still take a Daemonsmith.  The Mortar can't shoot anything within like 12" of it, so it needs to be able to move.  The Daemonsmith gives you a 50% chance of a double-shot, which effectively doubles its points value.

52 minutes ago, Barth said:

Hi guys,

Does anybody knows why there is no points values for us on warscroll builder in skirmish point sytem? :/

No FW stuff is in Skirmish.  From what I've heard, it was a supplement made quickly to get people to buy models in a shop and play quickly.  There is a formula to calculate the points values, which I have used, and a skirmish squad of foot troops does fairly well.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

All my infantry units are on 32mm's but they are supplied on 25mm's.  Not sure if I should change them over or stay as they are.  

I would change them over to the 25mm's haha.  Much easier to pile in the Ironsworn for them hits.

My Magmas are on the 90x52s, just like my Deathshriekers, is a TO going to give me problems?

7 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

My Magmas are on the 90x52s, just like my Deathshriekers, is a TO going to give me problems?

How do you fit them on that base!!!

I imagine TO's will not have a clue about Legion so crack on :) 

I was all for putting mine on 32mm when I switched them over from squares because it looked so nice on my Fyreslayers and I figured that would be the new standard for the Duardin, but now with the Arkanauts on 25mm and the new AOS repacks of the Ironbreakers and Irondrakes being on 25mm, it kind of sealed the deal for me to have the Ironsworn on 25mm. It also helps that it's advantageous. B| 

image.png

What do you think of this list?

1 Drazhoath the Ashen
1 Bull Centaur Taur'uk, Cunning Deceiver, Chaos Runeblade
1 Daemonsmith
30 Infernal Guard Ironsworn
10 Infernal Guard Fireglaives
6 Bull Centaur Renders
3 K'Daai Fireborn (Summoning pool)
1 Dreadquake Mortar
1 Magma Cannon
1 Iron Daemon

It feels like a quite balanced list. I have not tried it, I'm still working on getting the legion painted. But I like to have a list to work towards.

I could switch the K'Daai for another magma but I am thinking the threat of summoning K'Daai with Drazhoath  into their backline could be effective.

I like the standard bearer but I am not sure how to get him in the list.

Do anyone have a good idea how to convert the Bull Centaurs (forgeworld) to have great weapons? (Otherwise I would probably go with shields.)

1 hour ago, Andreas said:

What do you think of this list?

1 Drazhoath the Ashen
1 Bull Centaur Taur'uk, Cunning Deceiver, Chaos Runeblade
1 Daemonsmith
30 Infernal Guard Ironsworn
6 Bull Centaur Renders
3 K'Daai Fireborn (Summoning pool)
1 Dreadquake Mortar
1 Magma Cannon
1 Iron Daemon

It feels like a quite balanced list. I have not tried it, I'm still working on getting the legion painted. But I like to have a list to work towards.

I could switch the K'Daai for another magma but I am thinking the threat of summoning K'Daai with Drazhoath  into their backline could be effective.

I like the standard bearer but I am not sure how to get him in the list.

Do anyone have a good idea how to convert the Bull Centaurs (forgeworld) to have great weapons? (Otherwise I would probably go with shields.)

Firstly, that list is 1860 w/o the K'daai, meaning you won't be able to take the 160pt K'Daai x 3, so take a BSB instead.  Hmmm, give it a few shots and see how it goes.  I would still seriously consider grabbing a BSB when running your Mortar and Iron Daemon.  Nothing feels worse than rolling 1s and 2s to wound with a model that has a 50% chance to shoot only once.  Maximize those rerolls.  Goodjob on taking Cunning Deceiver, since we have fairly useless/bloated battalion for rerolls, we're never going to decide who goes first in larger games, haha.  6 Renders with Mystic Shield, Great Weapons, Run+Charge in same turn, +1 to charge... looks scary!  Fairly well-rounded since you'll have good anti-horde with Magma and Mortar, some mobility with centaurs, and a good shield-wall with the Ironsworn.  

1 hour ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Firstly, that list is 1860 w/o the K'daai, meaning you won't be able to take the 160pt K'Daai x 3, so take a BSB instead.  Hmmm, give it a few shots and see how it goes.  I would still seriously consider grabbing a BSB when running your Mortar and Iron Daemon.  Nothing feels worse than rolling 1s and 2s to wound with a model that has a 50% chance to shoot only once.  Maximize those rerolls.  Goodjob on taking Cunning Deceiver, since we have fairly useless/bloated battalion for rerolls, we're never going to decide who goes first in larger games, haha.  6 Renders with Mystic Shield, Great Weapons, Run+Charge in same turn, +1 to charge... looks scary!  Fairly well-rounded since you'll have good anti-horde with Magma and Mortar, some mobility with centaurs, and a good shield-wall with the Ironsworn.  

You are right, the cost was a bit off in my spreadsheet, I had the K'Daai for 140pt. Thank you.

But this makes this so much harder. I can get another Magma Cannon for 140pt and I have the model. Or I can get the BSB and have a problem spending the other 40pt on something usefull. 

But I do think that another Magma will over the course of the game probably give you more than the reroll on the Mortar and I suspect that the Iron daemon could quite quickly be out of range. But it's not given and I have no play experience with LoA. For me the Mortal I believe it will repay it self even if I miss every single shoot just because it looks so scary and could be so devastating that opponents that haven't play LoA that much (e.i. all opponents) will put too much effort in killing it that it will be beneficial to me. 

Any advice how to convert the Renders do you just take away the shields and run them as is?

Archived