Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Furious said:

I'm all for the changes. Everything seems better to me - except for the more expensive Fireborn, but that needed to happen. I'll miss the double shot on monsters from the Fireglaives, though. I'm glad they fixed their editing errors as well.

But this also looks like Hobgobs are officially not allowed, right?

Yeah I'm still not sure on this as well. I mean if you are building a list with the official GW warscroll builder so maybe you can. It just still advises you to use the grots warscroll.

21 minutes ago, KevenM said:

I'm wondering which allies I will take with my Legion list... Anyone try anything specific out yet?

I haven't tried him yet, but I've got my eye on the Chaos Sorcerer Lord, mainly because he can buff LoA troops and warmachines. 160 is pricey, but could be well justified in a list with, say, 30 Ironsworn, 6 Bulls and a Mortar.

4 minutes ago, Roark said:

I haven't tried him yet, but I've got my eye on the Chaos Sorcerer Lord, mainly because he can buff LoA troops and warmachines. 160 is pricey, but could be well justified in a list with, say, 30 Ironsworn, 6 Bulls and a Mortar.

Hmmm - well I feel like the Legion has a pretty easy time re-rolling rolls of 1 to hit, wound and save as it is with BSB, Castellan, Blackshard Armour and Blackshard Warhost.

18 minutes ago, KevenM said:

Hmmm - well I feel like the Legion has a pretty easy time re-rolling rolls of 1 to hit, wound and save as it is with BSB, Castellan, Blackshard Armour and Blackshard Warhost.

I dunno, I can still see a place for the sorc lord. Blackshard Warhost is expensive and like @Roark said it restricts movement. It also doesn't help out a unit like Bull Centaurs. Blackshard Armor doesn't help in melee, and the Chaos Sorc Lord can give two different units reroll 1 to saves. The BSB is fantastic, but I think it'll be awkward to use in practice because the units need to be ENTIRELY within 18". That's going to be tricky if you are trying to do board denial with large units of Ironsworn or take a massive regiment of BCR like @Ben suggested. And in the cases when everything is fitting inside the BSB bubble you can always just cast mystic shield or arcane bolt... I'd guess that for MSU the Sorc Lord isn't a great choice but if you are going for big blocks he can be really helpful.

best use of 80pts spare now?

khorgath and hellflayer are the best 2 choices i could find for a unit, but not sure how to justify it into chaos dwarf theme/lore

herowise masque of slaneesh of skaar were the best 2 i could think of

Hi all, new to Azgorh  I'd love some feedback.  The bigger squads of battleline are in the battalion. 

Leaders
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Weapon & Spiteshield
Units
20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (100)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (200)
3 x K'Daai Fireborn (160)
Battalions
Blackshard Warhost (180)

1 hour ago, williegoat said:

Hi all, new to Azgorh  I'd love some feedback.  The bigger squads of battleline are in the battalion. 

Leaders
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Weapon & Spiteshield
Units
20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (100)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (200)
Battalions
Blackshard Warhost (180)

I would drop the 2nd standard bearer, and use the extra pts to throw an infernal guard unit up to x 30, and I'd drop 1 unit of K'daai to add more bulk to your Fireglaives.  Since you don't have Artillery, you're REALLY relying on those pyrelock shots (boosted by Castellan, of course).  So it'd look like:

Ironsworn x 30
Ironsworn x 10
Fireglaives x 30
Fireglaives x 20

50 shots, rerolling 1's to hit, wounding on 3's, rerolling 1's to wound... 2 damage on 5s and 6s with -1 rend?  Pheww... 

24 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I would drop the 2nd standard bearer, and use the extra pts to throw an infernal guard unit up to x 30, and I'd drop 1 unit of K'daai to add more bulk to your Fireglaives.  Since you don't have Artillery, you're REALLY relying on those pyrelock shots (boosted by Castellan, of course).  So it'd look like:

Ironsworn x 30
Ironsworn x 10
Fireglaives x 30
Fireglaives x 20

50 shots, rerolling 1's to hit, wounding on 3's, rerolling 1's to wound... 2 damage on 5s and 6s with -1 rend?  Pheww... 

I thought about the double banner in case I needed to go for two different flanks.

What artillery would you suggest? With this being a brand new army, I'd love a solid game plan before making the obviously expensive purchase..

On 8/29/2017 at 5:14 PM, williegoat said:

I thought about the double banner in case I needed to go for two different flanks.

What artillery would you suggest? With this being a brand new army, I'd love a solid game plan before making the obviously expensive purchase..

In big games, I like the double Deathshrieker, double Magma Cannons.  Ignoring LOS, D3 dmg shots are great for wizard/priest sniping, and Magmas for big units of battleline or things with a high save.  I haven't tried Dreadquake Mortar yet, but I'll be running a Chaos Sorcerer with it for rerolls of 1s.  The 2d6 damage can really do some work, it looks like.

33 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

In big games, I like the double Deathshrieker, double Magma Cannons.  Ignoring LOS, D3 dmg shots are great for wizard/priest sniping, and Magmas for big units of battleline or things with a high save.  I haven't tried Dreadquake Mortar yet, but I'll be running a Chaos Sorcerer with it for rerolls of 1s.  The 2d6 damage can really do some work, it looks like.

Yeah I mean really excited for trying it against armies built with the new massive unit size rules. Hopefully we will see a lot more 10+ unit models to obliterate with the dreadquake lol.

4 minutes ago, Roark said:

I think my fave new little combo is an Iron Daemon towing a magma cannon around. No longer is it necessary to babysit with a Daemonsmith. Effective range for the cannon is now 28" in turn 1.

Yeah definitely I've loved that combo for a while. I'm just bummed I can't tow two magma cannons with a single iron daemon anymore, especially since the models for the mortar and the other artillery are made to have train three cars. I do understand how it could have gotten out of hand though. It is still going to be a combo I include in almost every list.

5 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Screen-grab from a livestream I was in this past weekend playing against Blades of Khorne with Open War cards.  I love the variability in those cards!

Clipboard01.png

I saw it on YT, great job ??

Archived