Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Roark said:

Nah, I realise now that was a fantasy. No idea what FW is gonna do...

I'm becoming a tad pessimistic about their plans (or lack thereof)... the other Chaos allegiances would have to have "Legion of Azgorh" listed to become allies, and I doubt they will be able to ally with anyone else.  We just need a bit of a buff with a shooting or defensive-based allegiance trait or something that can even the tides a bit.

Just now, KevenM said:

As that guy currently painting a whole army of LoA, I hope you are right :D

Same here!  As someone with:

1 Drazhoath The Ashen
1 Shar'tor The Executioner

1 Infernal Guard Castellan
1 Infernal Guard Standard Bearer
4 Daemonsmith
2 Bull Centaur Taur'uk

80 Infernal Guard Ironsworn
60 Infernal Guard Fireglaives
(a bunch of command)

12 Bull Centaur Renders

6 K'daai Fireborn

2 Iron Daemon War Engine
1 Skullcracker War Engine
2 Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers
4 Magma Cannons
1 Dreadquake Mortar

This is motivating me to finish the lot!

1 minute ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Same here!  As someone with:

1 Drazhoath The Ashen
1 Shar'tor The Executioner

1 Infernal Guard Castellan
1 Infernal Guard Standard Bearer
4 Daemonsmith
2 Bull Centaur Taur'uk

80 Infernal Guard Ironsworn
60 Infernal Guard Fireglaives
(a bunch of command)

12 Bull Centaur Renders

6 K'daai Fireborn

2 Iron Daemon War Engine
1 Skullcracker War Engine
2 Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers
4 Magma Cannons
1 Dreadquake Mortar

This is motivating me to finish the lot!

Ok man you have me beat - I've got a sizeable collection myself but hat's off to you!

I've been saving spare change for a while, hoping we'd get to see a bit more for this army.  If there's anything new or if they are usable allies or can use allies I may have to finally bite the bullet.  The models are just too cool - even if they are blasted resin.

18 hours ago, Auticus said:

I've shelved my legion army for right now.  I just couldn't get them to work against the big nasty lists.  I wouldn't mind using some of them as allies though.  It would be nice if FW re-evaluated their war scrolls and gave us something to compete against the 2++ saves or the mortal wound spam.  Particularly the mortal wound spam thats always what tears my legion army apart.

Run 4 magma cannons and dish them back :P

3 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I've run triple magma in a 1500pt (houserule) and it did pretty well... still haven't tried Quad-magma cannons, I may look into it.  I usually have 2 Deathshriekers to snipe pesky wizards/priests who think they're safe.

Yeah in my last couple tournaments I traded in my dreadquake and ran 4 magma cannons and it's really fun to one shot something huge with that many mortal wounds per shooting phase. Sure they miss sometimes but they are great against small heroes, elite infantry, and monsters.

3 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

Yeah in my last couple tournaments I traded in my dreadquake and ran 4 magma cannons and it's really fun to one shot something huge with that many mortal wounds per shooting phase. Sure they miss sometimes but they are great against small heroes, elite infantry, and monsters.

I use them to drench the battleline (you get to roll 2 dice when hitting units of 10+ models...).  4 cannons basically does an avg of 20 mortal wounds if the unit is 10+ models.  I did enjoy 1 shotting the Bloodsecrator ;)

2 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I use them to drench the battleline (you get to roll 2 dice when hitting units of 10+ models...).  4 cannons basically does an avg of 20 mortal wounds if the unit is 10+ models.  I did enjoy 1 shotting the Bloodsecrator ;)

Oh definitely those little heroes pop pretty easy. Yeah it's great for stuff like that, it's awesome for those heavily armored elite infantry in blocks of 10 or 15.

44 minutes ago, mr.wildist said:

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Legion_of_Azgorh_Aug2017.pdf

As easy as messing around with the links a little bit. I think we got quite improved in what we needed.

Seems like some pretty solid buffs to Bull Centaurs, K'Daai Fireborn and decent buffs to some of the War Engines. I like the change of to spiteshields causing mortal wounds now :)

Archived